Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

Boo's Thread of Multiple Existential Crisises

<< < (4/6) > >>

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
So I've changed the name of this thread in order to better reflect that it is going to be used for all of Boo the Gentleman Caller's midlife / existential crises.

If nothing else, I have things I want to muse on; there's something therapeutic about talking about one's feelings.

I'll be posting later, as I started writing it offline.

PS - Josh never gave me the At Length response he promised. The Hype Train is practically off the rails at this point.

:D

PrincessNadia78:
Ok, don't play with me Boo, like Josh did. Promise you'll post! :D

Yeah all that waiting and he never posted. Booooooo!! LOL

Also, I like this idea as a place to reflect, I could definitely use something like that too. CC Support Group? LOL

--- Quote ---Also, I like this idea as a place to reflect, I could definitely use something like that too. CC Support Group? LOL
--- End quote ---

Sort of. Plus, I love gathering various perspectives. My world view is pretty malleable and open to new experiences and differing points of view (even if I don't ultimately adopt/assimilate them into my own).

I am existential dread.

Does this ever get easier?
Why I am I so infinitely small on a cosmic scale?
Is this really all there is?
Why are we slaves?
Where is your empathy?
Will I ever figure this out?

I just want to be a hero.

tushantin:

--- Quote from: Boo the Gentleman Caller on September 03, 2020, 09:07:58 pm ---I am existential dread.

Does this ever get easier?
Why I am I so infinitely small on a cosmic scale?
Is this really all there is?
Why are we slaves?
Where is your empathy?
Will I ever figure this out?

I just want to be a hero.

--- End quote ---

Pardon me for hijacking another of your thread again, but...

Screw empathy, man, I want money. Yeah, I'm pretty sensitive to crazy people ganging up on me in bad faith (sometimes even in murderous faith) which is one of the reasons I don't like getting close to people that often, but I can deal with that compared to not having any money. I can deal with all kinds of hatred from all kinds of people if it means I can pay the next set of bills without stress or worry. Besides, empathy doesn't put food on my table; it's patently overrated.

I mean, I'm no slave, but $20 is $20. And I'd rather own it with my own hands that depend on somebody else's hand-outs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version