Author Topic: Banner and/or Wallpaper Help?  (Read 4522 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Banner and/or Wallpaper Help?
« on: May 29, 2018, 02:35:49 pm »
So over the weekend hubby and I adopted 2 cats. ( I can dish deets if anyone wants them!) Anyway, I would like a wallpaper of them for my work computer and a banner for my social media but I don't know how to make them. Could someone either tell me how to make them or if I provide the photos I want to use, make them for me? I would really, really appreciate any help!

Thank you!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Banner and/or Wallpaper Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:46:15 pm »
Woohoo! Congrats on the cat adoption! We did the same about 3 years ago; we adopted a mother and her two kittens. We've since lost the mother but still have the two children. They are a lot of work (I'm not much of a pet guy, although I do love animals), although we do love having them. They bring a lot of comfort. :)

I do want the details! Names!? Ages!? Any fun circumstances surrounding their procurement!? What do they look like!? More more more!

As for making templates, there was a time I could have whipped some up in a jiffy with Photostop or other graphic design tools, but I no longer have a Mac nor access. I have used Gimp a little, but haven't invested the time to properly learn the program, as it varies quite a bit from what I've used before.

If you're simply wanting the pictures trimmed to a certain size with maybe a low-key filter adjustment (ie, what you would find on Instagram), I could probably do that. But if you're wanting fancy text or other fancy edits, Tushantin or someone else would be much more likely.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:30:07 pm »
Thank you! I've missed having cats so much; my ex-husband wouldn't let me have them, so it's been about 13 years.

So the cats we adopted are middle-aged and have FIV (feline version of HIV.) They can only spread it to other cats, not to dogs or humans. They also don't need any special medicine or food, they just need to stay indoors. They can actually have the lifespan of a cat that doesn't have FIV! What is sad is the shelter told us it's very hard to adopt out the FIV cats because people think they will get HIV from them. SMH. People are STUPID.

Ok so off of that soapbox... ha ha!

So we got 2, a boy and a girl. The boy is the gray and white one, the girl is the calico. The boy's name is Winston Churchill as his name was already Wintson and it just fit. Her name was Vivian and we were just "Nooooooooo..." over that name. LOL She walks dainty like she's royal so we named her Queen Wallis. (Also my main gaming name. LOL) We call them Winston and Wallis for short. Wallis is the older one, she is 7 but OMG she is so tiny! She looks like she's only a year old!

So these 2 definitely picked us. We were planning on adopting another cat, Skeeter, as she is 10 years old and has been in the shelter since she was 6 months, but these 2 picked us! We went into the FIV cat room (because they keep them all together for obvious reasons) and Winston jumped right up on the chair and stretched his paws on me to pick him up. I did and he was kneading and purring on me like no other and then went to my husband! I then picked up Wallis and she just clutched on me like she never wanted to let go and was also kneading on me and was giving me kisses all over my neck and wrapping all around my neck. I needed help to get her off of me! The shelter person told us she's never seen her do that before! We knew then, they were it. Winston is a big lap cat and while Wallis loves her space, she also loves attention! These are the most affectionate cats I've ever had.

So all I was really wanting as far as Wallpaper or a banner was the two pics I provided in one image. As simple as that is, I don't know how to do that yet. So nothing complex, I just love these 2 pics and want them together, somehow.

I am sorry you lost momma kitty by the way, but happy you still have the 2 babies! Kitties are the best!!

*Edited for grammar.*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:41:33 pm by PrincessNadia78 »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:08:38 am »
YAY CATS!!! <3

I used to be the biggest cat lover in the world. Then my sister became an even bigger cat lover and took the title from me. In the years since then I've lost the will to keep cats of my own as pets (I've become very much a "no pets that aren't bugs or sessile kind of human), but I still love cats as objects of affection. My landlord in the place I lived last year got kittens, and they were sooooo cute!!!

It sounds like Boo is on Wallpaper point, but if any extra help is needed let me know!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:04:11 pm »
What's not to love about cats? They are the cutest animals EVER and they are hilarious! He he!

They had a crateful of kitten at the shelter. I had to stay away because the goal was to give cats homes that are difficult to adopt, which we did!

I will definitely let you know if I need any additional help!

I'm not feeling well today, so I put myself on the voluntary go home list. I want to take a cat nap with my babies. This morning the girl was being sooo cuddly, I just want to cuddle her up some more. He he. It's slowing down, so I'm hopeful. I hate feeling sick. 

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 12:48:41 pm »
Ha, cool, me & the gf just rescued a kitten less than a week ago. She had horrible pink eye and a snotty nose, but is doing great now!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »
Awww what a cute kitten!! What did you name her, and what is the name of your adult kitty? He/she looks so comfortable with the kitten! I'm glad to hear the kitten is doing better! My boy, Winston, has acne on his chin. typical teenager.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:23:03 pm »
Kitties!

I used to be the biggest cat lover in the world. Then my sister became an even bigger cat lover and took the title from me.

Lord J, Second Biggest Cat Lover in the World.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:40:12 pm »
We actually still haven't come up with a name for the kitten, but her big bro in waiting there is Licky who just turned 15 just the other month along with his 2 littermate brothers (we have a lot of cats, like to the point I'm afraid Crono's mom Gina is gonna get lost in time or something).

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 12:55:30 pm »
I have two, a Tortoiseshell Tabby named Chi, and a longhair Calico named Aphrodite.

Chi thinks I should stop typing and pet her.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 01:23:35 pm »
We actually still haven't come up with a name for the kitten, but her big bro in waiting there is Licky who just turned 15 just the other month along with his 2 littermate brothers (we have a lot of cats, like to the point I'm afraid Crono's mom Gina is gonna get lost in time or something).

That last line was great! I love it!!

I'm just happy to have 2. We don't have room for a lot of cats and if we were able, we would have rescued them all. My husband is actually allergic, but it was his idea to get the kitties! I'm so glad he did. :)

I have two, a Tortoiseshell Tabby named Chi, and a longhair Calico named Aphrodite.

Chi thinks I should stop typing and pet her.

Ha ha!! Typical kitties! LOL Your cats sound beautiful Mauron.

I wonder what someone did to my calico. When you pick her up she clutches SO TIGHT once I get her to my shoulder and when I put her down her paws are splayed out. I think someone may have dropped her when she was a kitten, or worse. I always tell her I will never drop her. I just wonder what someone could have done to her, my poor baby. She's incredibly sweet. The boy is completely chill, except he likes to swipe at your ankles when you walk by because he wants you to pet him. LOL!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 11:56:39 pm »
Just a heads up -- I haven't forgotten about this. If anyone else jumps in before me, feel free. Otherwise, I'll try to get to this on or around Sunday. We had some emergencies at work that has eaten up almost all my free time, and this weekend is slam packed.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »
I'm just happy you are going to whip something up for me, I appreciate it a lot! Just take your time, I know real life happens!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 10:38:56 pm »
What's your computer screen resolution, and which social media platforms would you like to set it as your profile image on?

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 12:12:02 pm »
Desktop resolution: 1680x1050
I'm looking to use it on Facebook and Twitter. Especially Facebook though as I'm there more, as much as I hate admitting that. LOL