Author Topic: Why are there sealed doors in 2300 AD?  (Read 4501 times)

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Why are there sealed doors in 2300 AD?
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:48:54 am »
After charging up Schala's pendant, one of the things you can do is open up those pesky sealed doors you encountered earlier. In 2300 AD. Behind one of those is the Epoch. While it would make sense that Belthasar has the know-how to create a sealed door, it doesn't explain the others. Since they are located in domes, they must have been placed after their construction, which would be at least a couple thousand years after the fall of Zeal.

These sealed doors also can only be opened using Schala's pendant. Since Schala's pendant seemed long lost at that point of time, I don't even know how that works. Did the people in the future construct sealed doors that they would never be able to open afterwards? What's the purpose of that? And is it even possible to accomplish that without help of Enlightened Ones?

Why would sealed doors from such an ancient time period exist in the far future? Surely Belthasar did not visit several domes and installed sealed doors inside of them?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Why are there sealed doors in 2300 AD?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 06:13:39 am »
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Sealed_Doors_(Creation_of).html

Only thing we have going for us is a retranslated line stating that Belthasar built the Keeper's Dome.

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:12:53 am »
Well, I suppose it's less far-fetched than people building doors from a civilization they couldn't know about that they didn't have the means to open later.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:12:55 am »
I have several head canon theories that:

(1) When Balthasar arrived in the destroyed future, he spent a long time wandering and trying to gain his bearings. This included exploring various domes, finding various goods, and he began accumulating things he would need to build his time machine (Epoch) and Keeper Dome. Some of these goods may have been too much for him to carry all at once, so he decided to safeguard them for a later visit to retrieve them. Much like pirates would bury treasure on seemingly deserted islands with the hope of later retrieving it.

(2) Balthasar didn't actually build them. Could have been similar tech, or may have been directly based around technology reverse-engineering from salvaged Zeal tech. We know from the Southern Ruins in Medina and the Zeal Ruins in Radical Dreamers that there are still remnants of Zealian civilization scattered about, so it wouldn't surprise me if Zealian tech had been reverse-engineered at some point. Schala's pendant was almost certainty unique, but perhaps the tech (energy field? some sort of electrical charge?) and mechanics for the pendant were duplicated, at least to open the doors.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 02:49:50 pm »
I agree on that second theory. It's likely that at some point before 1999AD someone was able to replicate the Zeal stuff, perhaps even from Zealian stuff itself that was unearthed and was reverse-engineered or something; and post Day of Lavos, that particular technology or knowledge of it was lost, hence some people saying they tried to open them with dynamite and stuff.

Considering the doors are in 2300AD, and not in 1000AD or 600AD (although those eras had the sealed boxes), it does make me think it was something picked up between 1000AD and 1999AD. Perhaps the sealed boxes were what it began the whole thing. Trying to find a way to open them, leading to discovering ruins and stuff, and so on.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 05:41:17 pm »
I agree on that second theory. It's likely that at some point before 1999AD someone was able to replicate the Zeal stuff, perhaps even from Zealian stuff itself that was unearthed and was reverse-engineered or something; and post Day of Lavos, that particular technology or knowledge of it was lost, hence some people saying they tried to open them with dynamite and stuff.

The other question, assuming this theory... Is why adorn the Mammon Machine as an emblem of sorts on these doors?

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:17:48 pm »
I thought that was the national crest of Zeal? Or am I mistaken?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »
I'd think the image would be heavily associated to Zeal, from the viewpoint of an archeologist or researcher thousands of years later. Or perhaps the doors are actual Zealean doors. They just unhinged them and placed them in a different doorway.  :lol:

Seriously though, perhaps they can be moved around...?

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 12:17:03 pm »
See I was always under the impression they were from Zeal and nobody had ever been able to open them. But then they aren't in 600 AD or 1000 AD so that shoots that theory out of the water...

*EDIT* Unless they were buried or something like that during those time periods, that would explain that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:24:00 pm by PrincessNadia78 »

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 02:03:55 pm »
 :o :oops:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh no my stupid : (

Anyway, i only think them are longer? But at them not in... or? Watter? If them get on watter??
No ... i am your watter...

Although HOW other way? But seal... if them... nah... them get open anyway?

Dalton

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 04:34:52 am »
Or perhaps the doors are actual Zealean doors.
Yes. I mean there is like my theory. Some landmass can go up after time. Probably its even that islands which we can't go on in original game. Or other secret doors like Nu door.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:37:54 am by Dalton »