Author Topic: Chrono Concepts - How Do You Picture the Next Chrono Game?  (Read 3556 times)

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Concepts - How Do You Picture the Next Chrono Game?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 12:51:43 am »
Thanks! Ha ha. I would never tackle a Chrono sequel (because Crimson Echoes already did it perfectly, so why do it again), but it's something I've kicked around as a thought experiment.

I have a corporate career today but My Dream is to make games. So I daydream about this stuff a lot during the day.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 02:43:28 am »
I have a corporate career today but My Dream is to make games. So I daydream about this stuff a lot during the day.

Me too. Gotta love the corporate grind! I'm in healthcare (insurance) IT project management and it leaves lots of opportunity for day dreaming.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 09:49:23 am »
My initial thoughts on this subject are similar enough to  Boo's Chrono Phase idea represented here:
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=12744.msg227368#msg227368

...BUT having read over some of these fantastic concepts I have come to another completely different idea...
WHAT IF... The Entity was actually the drain on the planet?

What if.... Lavos/Dream Devourer/Time Devourer was actually an external being called in to erradicate the demonic presence of "The entity".

Lavos evolved to adapt to the overwhelming power of the entity to try and take it down, eventually having to battle it in a place "the entity" created to hide - The Darkness beyond time.

Being of supreme intelligence and incredible foresight the entity enlisted parties (Crono/Serge/Schala/Etc) to aid in defending itself and luring the party members into believe they were saving the planet, when in fact they were assisting in its demise.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:50 am »
Being of supreme intelligence and incredible foresight the entity enlisted parties (Crono/Serge/Schala/Etc) to aid in defending itself and luring the party members into believe they were saving the planet, when in fact they were assisting in its demise.

This is a really cool take on the idea of Lavos versus the Entity... But how would that work, do you think? It's pretty clear that: (1) the Entity is somehow the planet itself and values life, and (2) Lavos is literally a destroyer in that we see he destroys 65 million BC (and wipes out all life on the planet), he destroys Zeal and most of the world in the Antiquity, and destroys the world yet again in 1999AD.

Not disagreeing, I think this is interesting. But I'm wondering how it could be spun that Lavos wasn't actually the bad guy in all this.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 11:06:32 am »

This is a really cool take on the idea of Lavos versus the Entity... But how would that work, do you think? It's pretty clear that: (1) the Entity is somehow the planet itself and values life, and (2) Lavos is literally a destroyer in that we see he destroys 65 million BC (and wipes out all life on the planet), he destroys Zeal and most of the world in the Antiquity, and destroys the world yet again in 1999AD.

Not disagreeing, I think this is interesting. But I'm wondering how it could be spun that Lavos wasn't actually the bad guy in all this.

First off, I'd like to introduce the idea that the entity has a physical embodiment, and possibly shares the same spirit/thoughts as the planet, like a deity.

I'd like to think that Lavos had some other interactions with the entity outside our limited vision (being tunneled to strictly viewing generally what our party experienced)

ie: in 1999AD the entity had infected much of the planet, OR has gathered an army of some sort, and the only solution Lavos fathomed was to wreak havoc and destroy all (much like a Noah's arc type situation)

In the destruction of Zeal, simply put: They were sucking Lavos' energy... draining its life force.

65mill BC was most likely when Lavos first detected the entity and calculated that wiping out the minimal life that was existing on the planet was well worth the small sacrifice to destroy a larger evil.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 03:02:32 pm »
I love all of these ideas! although I have to say my favorite is Magus as a detective. That would be AWESOME!!  :D I mean, he does seem to have above par detective skills!