Author Topic: Photo Thread!!  (Read 5956 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Thread!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:32 pm »
Thank 'ee. The beard grows, the beard contracts. Sometimes it's bushy, sometimes it's trim, sometimes it's enormous. (RD had a huuuuuge beard!) I wish I could send some of that hair growth to the top of my head, though. =|

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:20 pm »
I wish I could grow a beard. I'm patchy af. I get a little stubble and then have to shave it off. It's stupid. I have zero body hair outside of arms and legs. I'm like a goddamned porpoise.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:42 am »
Whereas I have way the erf too much, which just underscores the irony of going bald.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 06:18:09 pm »
OMG HOW DID I MISS THESE POSTS?!  :o

I think you both look great! Lord J Esq, yours really cracked me up with "God Save the Queen!"  :lol:

Boo, I would love to see how you look with short hair!

I recently had a bad hair coloring experience. I wanted to do just a nice purple to go with my brunette hair and the color dyed it JET BLACK with purple highlights. NOT what I wanted! So this weekend I'm going to get a color lift and then do a nice brown color and then try the purple again (someone recommended a different one to me.) Right now i hate my hair SO. MUCH.

That is all. LOL

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 10:51:16 pm »
Hah, thanks Nadia!

Allow me to add a picture of my Chief Air Conditioner, Geordi La Fridge.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 11:43:03 pm »
Chief Air Conditioner, Geordi La Fridge.

Ya know, that fridge has about as much chance with the ladies as Geordi does, guffah guffah!

In all seriousness, I grew up watching TNG and VOY in the mid-90's and never caught on just on socially inept Geordi was when it came to women. He is the king of forever alone (is that still a thing)? Poor guy, but apparently in the beta canon novels he ends up with Leah Brahms.

Boo, I would love to see how you look with short hair!

One day. Bahaha!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:56:58 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 11:54:32 pm »
Ya know, that fridge has about as much chance with the ladies as Geordi does, guffah guffah!

In all seriousness, I grew up watching TNG and VOY in the mid-90's and never caught on just on social inept Geordi was when it came to women. He is the king of forever alone (is that still a thing)? Poor guy, but apparently in the beta canon novels he ends up with Leah Brahms.

What, even over Barclay?  :lol:

Then again, with the advancements done in the field of photonic lifeforms... eh... nevermind...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 11:57:51 pm »
What, even over Barclay?

Don't even get me started on Barclay. I don't know who to blame; the writers or Captain Picard himself. Every time that man took two steps forward he took them right back. All the way to the end of Voyager.

Picard should have booted him long ago.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 12:10:28 am »
Don't even get me started on Barclay. I don't know who to blame; the writers or Captain Picard himself. Every time that man took two steps forward he took them right back. All the way to the end of Voyager.

Picard should have booted him long ago.

Hmm, well, I'm not too sure. I can almost relate to him, perhaps painfully so.

To be fair, despite things, Barclay ain't exactly useless. It's likely that's what kept him on board for so long, until evetually he was transferred. It's not like outside of standard regulations it has to be mandatory to be a certain way, now is it?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 01:42:22 am »
To be fair, despite things, Barclay ain't exactly useless. It's likely that's what kept him on board for so long, until evetually he was transferred. It's not like outside of standard regulations it has to be mandatory to be a certain way, now is it?

Barclay was extremely talented and intelligent, there's no doubt about that. Where I (sarcastically) mention Picard throwing Barclay off the ship was mainly in that the Enterprise was THE flagship for the Federation. It was the creme de la creme meant for Starfleets best and brightest. It's hard to see that Barclay with his multiple performance issues (both late for and skipping shifts, severe and regular relapses into holo addiction, making holo models off of his crewmates, without permission, with some hint that he was sexually involved with Troi in his holo programs (which got Quark into trouble on DS9).

I love the character of Barclay, don't get me wrong. He's a super fun character, although his constant relapses did grow tiresome. He is a great character and the only reason Voyager was able to get home. But in the real world, he would have been thrown off the ship very early on.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 02:08:31 am »

Barclay was extremely talented and intelligent, there's no doubt about that. Where I (sarcastically) mention Picard throwing Barclay off the ship was mainly in that the Enterprise was THE flagship for the Federation. It was the creme de la creme meant for Starfleets best and brightest. It's hard to see that Barclay with his multiple performance issues (both late for and skipping shifts, severe and regular relapses into holo addiction, making holo models off of his crewmates, without permission, with some hint that he was sexually involved with Troi in his holo programs (which got Quark into trouble on DS9).

I love the character of Barclay, don't get me wrong. He's a super fun character, although his constant relapses did grow tiresome. He is a great character and the only reason Voyager was able to get home. But in the real world, he would have been thrown off the ship very early on.

Well, my opinion on the matter is that, due to the nature of TNG as a TV show, we're only really shown Barclay during the times his flaws are at its worst or are used for the plot narrative. From what I remember, he barely appears, episode-count wise. It wouldn't be hard to guess that outside his focus episodes, he actually manages to operate fair enough, or at least not to the level of detriment that being reassigned would be considered. Like, say, in First Contact, where we only see him fanboy over Cochrane for a bit, which isn't like he wasn't the only one doing it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 03:29:29 am »
+1 to the list of completely unrelated threads that turned into Star Trek

=P

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 02:25:00 pm »
I like to imagine Barclay is actually "Howling Mad" Murdock from the A-Team. Somehow he time-traveled or survived for hundreds of years, assumed a new identity, and joined Starfleet.

:P

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »
So I had to share... I chopped my hair over the weekend! I love how it turned out! My hair was actually giving me a headache be cause it's so thick, which is why I cut it. But I've had it this short before and I love it! I feel most like "me" when I have short hair!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 02:26:01 pm »
Nice! And you have an almost Lucca color! :D