Author Topic: Photo Thread!!  (Read 5958 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Photo Thread!!
« on: April 25, 2018, 01:51:25 pm »
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we could all post a photo of ourselves. Here's mine!  :D

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Thread!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »
I'm pretty sure we had a thread already for this... I know since I once put a picture there. Will have to look it up.

Anyway, these days not sure it's something I want to do... I'll think about it...

Well, here's one:
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6631.0

Don't know if there's an older one, but I do remember it's the one I posted at. Although at this point most pictures have long been deleted. In any case, could be fun for a "How you looked then, how you look now" comparison for those that are still here and want to do it. Who knows...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:08:17 pm by Acacia Sgt »

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:11:01 pm »
Thanks, I did look but I didn't find this one. I guess I didn't look hard enough. LOL

I just thought it would be something fun. No pressure!  :D

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 08:26:49 pm »
There was a half deleted argument in that old thread.

I clearly look just like my avatar. >_>

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 08:51:14 pm »
There was a half deleted argument in that old thread.

I clearly look just like my avatar. >_>

Ok I read this and I busted out laughing! Ha ha!

As proven by my picture I most certainly do not! Ha ha!!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 09:04:42 pm »
And here I was thinking we had Guardian royalty on the board. :(

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 11:43:00 pm »
I told Nadia if she did end doing this, I would post in moral support, despite the fact that I hate doing so.

So my forum photo shows me with some filters, but here it is without one, raw and in the flesh.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 12:00:25 am »
Nice cape!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:56 am »
In all seriousness, my forum avatar came from Licawolf. I wonder whatever happened to her?

Gosh, I'm feeling quite nostalgic tonight!

In all seriousness, I really did tell PrincessNadia that I'd post a picture. She wanted to do this thread and I said I'd post as moral support, hahaha...

You all have to understand, this is a big deal for me... I don't do social media. I haven't in a decade. I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter. I don't blog. I have a LinkedIn for job hunting and that's it. I hate sharing "me" on the internet.

I should note that I have since cut my hair. I also gave up on trying to grow a beard. I can't grow one.

This was about six months ago and it's literally the most recent photo of me on my phone. I have like three pictures from Japan, and only one was decent enough to share, but it's especially not worth sharing because it's a selfie and I have this super (unintentionally) smug face that makes me look like a total tool.

So yeah.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:12:46 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 12:15:03 am »
Ah, I totally get you, man. I'm not one to divulge much over the Internet either. One notable exception is the (first half) of my name, but that's only because it's generic as heck. It's literally one half of the Spanish John Doe. So with most likely millions of people sharing that same name, it feels like I don't really say much when giving it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 12:24:00 am »
Ah, I totally get you, man. I'm not one to divulge much over the Internet either.

Yeah, the NSA and Cambridge Analytica probably don't have that much useful info on me.

Interestingly enough, I wrote a letter to my local congressman asking him to reconsider his stance on Net Neutrality (he's against it). Outside of voting, it's the only time I have ever willingly participated in the political arena. In that letter, I sort of shamed him and called his children out by name, asking him if he's satisfied with the world he is leaving his children.

I should note that my wife has only voted in the presidential elections twice; she is so uninterested in politics that she couldn't tell you the ideological differences between Democrats and Republicans.

So about two weeks after sending that letter to my congressman, the next thing I know his office is sending my wife letters every few weeks with updates to things he's voted for... including net neutrality.

I am 95% convinced I pissed him off and he or someone in his office pulled up my voting record (or whatever database he had access to), found my wife, and decided to use her to get to me. Not sure if I'd call it retaliation, but I'm pretty sure they hoped that they could spite me by doing so. Or maybe try to give her anti-net neutrality propaganda to keep me in check. Because, you know, wives have that effect on their husbands.

She still gets a letter every few weeks. It's baffling.

One notable exception is the (first half) of my name, but that's only because it's generic as heck.

I didn't know Sergeant was a popular Spanish name! I also didn't know you were Spanish!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:26:29 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »
So I will say I am on social media. I use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram the most. I will say I'm a huge makeup geek (in case you couldn't tell. LOL) and I use Twitter to keep in contact and get updates on my favorite beauty bloggers. Also, I'm starting my own art business so I'm using those platforms for that as well. I will say I'm not one to post every little thought that enters my head and I actually don't write posts on Facebook very often. That crap drives me insane. LOL I do use my name, because well, I have the world's coolest initials (BFF).  :lol:

Ah, I totally get you, man. I'm not one to divulge much over the Internet either.

Yeah, the NSA and Cambridge Analytica probably don't have that much useful info on me.

Interestingly enough, I wrote a letter to my local congressman asking him to reconsider his stance on Net Neutrality (he's against it). Outside of voting, it's the only time I have ever willingly participated in the political arena. In that letter, I sort of shamed him and called his children out by name, asking him if he's satisfied with the world he is leaving his children.

I should note that my wife has only voted in the presidential elections twice; she is so uninterested in politics that she couldn't tell you the ideological differences between Democrats and Republicans.

So about two weeks after sending that letter to my congressman, the next thing I know his office is sending my wife letters every few weeks with updates to things he's voted for... including net neutrality.

I am 95% convinced I pissed him off and he or someone in his office pulled up my voting record (or whatever database he had access to), found my wife, and decided to use her to get to me. Not sure if I'd call it retaliation, but I'm pretty sure they hoped that they could spite me by doing so. Or maybe try to give her anti-net neutrality propaganda to keep me in check. Because, you know, wives have that effect on their husbands.

She still gets a letter every few weeks. It's baffling.

Ok, so I am sorry that he harasses your wife via mail but this made me LOL for real! I mean, that's awfully petty and immature of him, but hey, he now knows who you are! You must've struck a nerve and that's rare for politicians so you should be giving yourself a pat on the back for that. Again though, I am sorry that he bombarded your wife with mail though. That is very uncool.  Politicians, I tell ya!! Also, you do not look like a tool! Nice pic!

*Edited because I forgot something. Ha ha!*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:42 am »
One of my more recent likenesses!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 02:10:39 am »
By the way, Boo, you do not look anything like I expected! You look like you belong in an industrial-chic loft downtown!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 09:50:08 am »
By the way, Boo, you do not look anything like I expected! You look like you belong in an industrial-chic loft downtown!

Hahaha! I actually cut off all my hair after Japan (ironically, they think long, unkempt hair like mine is sloppy). I got sick of growing it out; my wife had convinced me to do it, but constantly pushing the hair out of my face was annoying, and pulling it back into a man bun was sort of... not me.

That being said, I would take that hipster loft if it's still available.

You, on the other hand, have a glorious beard.