Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

Go ahead and take a look.

(1/9) > >>

tushantin:
EDIT: Feel free to use this thread to showcase your own work or project that is unrelated to the Chrono series.

It's been a while since I came to the forums, so I wanna toot my own horn for a bit.

If you guys know me well, you'd also know I have a terrible track-record with my head in the clouds, thinking up cool ideas but never actualizing them fully due to realizing too late just what a mammoth of a task I've put myself into -- you know, basic foolish things that kids do.

While I've finished many minor commercial projects before, and did it well, this particular one changed all that for me: It taught me to summon more will-power than I could possibly have to push through the ordeal, and also realize that (sometimes) it's far better to stab your own perfectionism in the eye to make sure the commitment gets FULFILLED, no matter how much you care about quality.

Of course, this resulted in a lot of short-comings that woudln't exist if I had more time and money to not only hire others but also fix things myself. I could definitely do better, given the many flaws I've noticed in this project even before wrapping up.

But this is still most ambitious commercial project I've ever taken AND finished. This is something I've always wanted to do, even if the story isn't my own. This is something I did all on my own, with my own bare hands, with no outside assistance.  On top of that, I've satisfied my client. And I'm proud of that.

So with all the cringy theatrical intro out of the way, let me present you with my best work yet: An animation for Rona, The Legend of the Kodiaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzAadkVShug

Feel free to roast me in the thread. P.S.: Did you spot the JoJo reference?

Mauron:
That looked good.

tushantin:
Thanks! Happy you liked it.  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
Eff yeah, Tushantin! Good for you man, you've done more than 90% of the people out there -- you are living the Radical Dreamer lifetyle -- you are in the Springtime of Youth, baby!!!
You've been digging deep and finding the willpower and drive to idea fruition, creation, and completion.

That's more than I can say. I've finished some of my writing projects but have yet to properly edit/polish them and get them in the hands of others. I have no excuse except fear of rejection and my own lacking willpower.

Dude, I'm seriously proud of you. You've been running with animation for as long as I've known you (almost a decade now) and you've completed it.

PS -- I looked at your webpage linked in the Youtube... I don't know if that's your real name or a pen name, but either way, it's badass.

tushantin:
Aww, shyucks, man, you gonna make a grown man blush!  :oops:

Haha, glad you liked it. I guess I still am in my Springtime of Youth! XD Sweet!

And yeah, that's my pen name -- was making art, poetry and stories under that name at first, but eventually just decided to buy the domain and make it my professional portal. How'd you like the website? Built the whole thing myself.

Hmm, looks like you need a professional editor for your writing projects. I think there are plenty around these days, especially on Fiverr, and I think FaustWolf would be happy to help you with that too if he's not busy.

Though, if for some reason you can't or don't want to approach an external editor... Looks like you might need a system, and in that regard, I think I have something for you. ;) Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-dw9cIx2o

That's been pretty helpful to me, especially to pin down the essence of my poetry and stories. XD But it mostly functions as a system to help you edit the stories you've already written.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version