Author Topic: Scripting Error?  (Read 3068 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Scripting Error?
« on: March 30, 2018, 07:17:51 pm »
***CRIMSON ECHOES SPOILERS!***

Now that that's out of the way.... ha ha! (I wanted to be courteous to those who may not have played.)

So when Marle meets Cedric and she flashes back to her history lesson, I believe there is a scripting error. At first the teacher says that Ann Guardia was Cedric's mom but also says that she was Cedric's wife.  :o I think what happened is that the developers weren't sure which way to take Ann Guardia and Cedric's relationship and since the game was never 100% finished there was never an opportunity to take it one way or the other. I found it funny actually, I was curious if anyone else noticed this??

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting Error?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 01:02:48 pm »
Nice callout! I don't think I noticed. I wonder if that was fixed in the Flames of Eternity project?

Y'know, all this talk about Crimson Echoes over the past few weeks makes me want to play it again (although the difficulty spikes compared to Chrono Trigger sort of frustrated me -- I guess that's where AR codes come into play!)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:20 pm »
I actually watched a LP on FoE and it wasn't fixed. The person doing the LP didn't even notice! Ha ha!!

I just found it funny and I was wondering if anyone else noticed. LOL

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:21:26 pm »
The question is... Which version of FoE? Hahaha... There have been like 12 releases with various updates.

One of the older versions even allowed you to chose the chapter you started at! I missed that in future versions where it was removed, hahaha...

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »
Ohhhhh I didn't realize that. I may have to play it for myself now to see if they fixed it. Ha ha!

Starting at any chapter!? That sounds awesome! too bad they took that out. :(