Author Topic: Theories of the origins etc. of the Chronoverse.  (Read 1606 times)

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
Theories of the origins etc. of the Chronoverse.
« on: March 20, 2018, 11:39:31 am »
I wanted to start an area that theorizes the origins of many aspects of the game. Where did Masa, Mune, and Doreen come from? Why is the Masamune also used for evil in CC? What are the details of the beginning of the Frozen Flame? etc etc etc...

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Theories of the origins etc. of the Chronoverse.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »
To make it easier for myself, a majority of my theories were already encorporated in my fangame, so I have simply redirected to a video of each specific event as it unfolds.

Frozen Flame crash site/Rainbow Shell origin:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z__3WgPAe4
-I believe that the crash site of the FF caused the creation of the dreamstone in the surrounding rocks, and the corruption of one unluckly creature whose shell turned a radiant rainbow colour due to its exposure.

Origin of Doreen and Masa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ggGj6TmWZM
-After collecting some dreamstone from the past, the dreams of Melchior came to fruition in the birth of Doreen and Masa one fateful night.

Birth of Mune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caSuTVwrOCU
- After being corrupted by Mura (evil duplicate sibling of Doreen/Masa) the Muramasa was absolved of evil and transformed Mura into Mune to enhance and power up the Masamune. This is also the reason the Masamune is able to be corrupted by evil in CC.

Origin of Mother Brain and Lab 32 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9faZzSMlac
- The purpose of Lab 32 was to create viable clones of Schala that would be able to control all the beings connected to it. After its defeat, the data was transferred into the computer system, resulting in the corrupted Mother Brain computer system.

Information about Dragonites (evolution between reptites and Dragonians), Guardia, Zeal, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-luac9Pis
All self explanatory in video.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:01:46 am »
the rainbow shell is a nautilus shell.

also,

It all began aeons ago, when man's ancestors picked up a shard of strange red rock. Its power, which was beyond human comprehension, cultivated dreams... in turn, love and hate were born... Only time will see how it all ends.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:27:31 am »
the rainbow shell is a nautilus shell.

also,

It all began aeons ago, when man's ancestors picked up a shard of strange red rock. Its power, which was beyond human comprehension, cultivated dreams... in turn, love and hate were born... Only time will see how it all ends.

Also: "Naturally occurring in the planet, Dreamstone is an exceptional conductor of the elemental energy of Lavos, even able to channel it for external use and store it for periods of time. It may be capable of channeling energy or magic well in general."

Both of these quotes satisfy the creation of Dreamstone based on this theory. Now the Frozen Flame I saw not as creating the monster initially, but imbuing the magic within the shell. Therefore other creatures like some snails/crabs would use the shell as their own, and become corrupted by the imbued magic of the Rainbow Shell.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 04:09:32 am »
At first I skimmed the thread, and dropped a couple of relevant points. Now that I've properly read through, I'll add more commentary.

You have interesting ideas. the connections you draw are innovative (especially Mother Brain as a corrupted Schala clone) but it all fits together.

the 'strange red rock' is undoubtedly Dreamstone, and its properties as a powerful catalyst are consistent with the influence of Lavos via the Frozen Flame. I believe it's canon that the Frozen Flame is a piece of Lavos' shell which broke off, and acts as a proxy/intermediary between the surface and Lavos.

Dreams are also an important theme. Dreamstone, cultivating dreams, and the Dream Species. Here's another line from Zeal, taken from the literalist retranslation:

[Young Woman]
   Born of dreams, returning to dreams...…
   Beings such as that exist as well.

At times, human prayers and desires borrow
   the power of Lavos-sama and materialize.

Masa & Mune 'live in' the Ruby Knife/Masamune sword, and Doreen 'lives in' the pendant. These are powerful artifacts made of Dreamstone, crafted by Melchior and charged up by Lavos' energy via the Mammon Machine. It seems that Lavos' magic and human thought, channeled through Dreamstone, can create Dream Species, which are sentient beings akin to Tulpas. At the end of Frog's sidequest, Masa & Mune state that they can reach their full potential now that Frog has made peace with Cyrus' ghost, which confirms that they depend on human willpower alongside Lavos' energy or magic (within the medium of Dreamstone).

It all fits together.

The Rainbow Shell is somewhat more obscure, but it's clearly a powerful artifact (given that it can be worked to create your most powerful equipment). The idea that it was imbued by the Frozen Flame is the most plausible explanation I can think of, but I'm not sure of the exact process. It was most likely embedded in Dreamstone as well.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:48:16 am »
[Young Woman]
   Born of dreams, returning to dreams...…
   Beings such as that exist as well.

At times, human prayers and desires borrow
   the power of Lavos-sama and materialize.

Masa & Mune 'live in' the Ruby Knife/Masamune sword, and Doreen 'lives in' the pendant. These are powerful artifacts made of Dreamstone, crafted by Melchior and charged up by Lavos' energy via the Mammon Machine. It seems that Lavos' magic and human thought, channeled through Dreamstone, can create Dream Species, which are sentient beings akin to Tulpas. At the end of Frog's sidequest, Masa & Mune state that they can reach their full potential now that Frog has made peace with Cyrus' ghost, which confirms that they depend on human willpower alongside Lavos' energy or magic (within the medium of Dreamstone).

Exactly they live in the items. This is why my theory is based on the fact that the dreamstone reacted to Melchior's dreams at night and caused their conception. Once they has been "born" in reality, they knew their purpose was to inhabit the ruby knife and pendant. They immediately searched around and upon finding them, absorbed into them. I just wanted to portray how/where they came from.