Author Topic: Chrono Trigger ~ Manoria Cathedral (Arrangement for Piano) + Free Sheet Music  (Read 1491 times)

DR2089

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Hey everyone. I wanted to share this piano arrangement of Manoria Cathedral that I recently made. Manoria Cathedral has always been one of my favorite pieces of music from Chrono Trigger, but because of how short the original composition was, I knew I'd have to greatly expand on the original theme to really do something different with it. I decided to improvise on the Manoria Cathedral theme and attempt to focus on the parts of the theme I found most appealing and evocative. The result is a meditative little piece that is actually pretty different than the original theme, but I hope still captures what made the original so beautiful. While the piece was completely improvised, my good friend Nathan Stang offered to transcribe the piece for release, so that others could learn and perform it as well. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-AvYNpUcdg

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
This is really beautiful. Manoria Castle has always had a magical feel to it, and I think you captured that here.

I'm no good at playing the piano, but I hope someone else can make use of the sheet music. Thanks for sharing this piece!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
This is great. I have always felt that both Manoria Cathedral and Silent Light are underrated, under covered/remixed tunes.

Very nice! I've subbed on Youtube! Looking forward to hearing more. :)