Author Topic: Lavos boss rush  (Read 1696 times)

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
Lavos boss rush
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »
I'd like to skip the entire Lavos boss rush, where you fight versions of earlier bosses.

For example: when you beat Queen Zeal at the Black Omen, and go through the screen transition, you would immediately launch into the battle with the Lavos shell. The whole boss rush would be skipped. Once beating the shell and having the hole appear, events would proceed normally.

I looked at the event script for the Lavos location and wow, it is an absolute maze of flags and goto's. I can't keep track of it.

Is there a quick and easy way to make the desired change without major surgery on this event code?

Thanks.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Lavos boss rush
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:41:32 pm »
It looks like most of it is handled by Object 08, Arbitrary 2, and Objects 0A+ Startup/Idle. That should narrow it down.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:48:49 am »
Look for the conditions that load enemy EC in your Lavos events, then make sure that condition is in place any time you’re going to fight Lavos, you’ll need to change it at the end of time bucket the Black Omen and the wingless Epoch. The conditions are already in place when going through the telepod, so use that as a reference.

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »
Great tips--thank you both!

Fauntleroy

• Architect of Kajar
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Inclinata resurgit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:17 pm »
Just in case anyone else has a hankering to skip the boss rush, it turns out someone already figured it out and posted it to Data Crystal!

https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Chrono_Trigger/Free_Location_Spaces_through_Lavos_Attack_Modes