Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Musical  (Read 2332 times)

Rojaniel

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Musical
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:37:55 pm »
So if some of you are fans of Man on the Internet, he recently finished his Undertale the Musical project. His next project? Well, he's making a Chrono Trigger the Musical. I've been keeping close track of this project. I knew this might pique some interest here, so I thought I might just post the trailer to it here. The comments section is full of kids who have never even heard of the game. It holds potential of attracting new fans to the series, imo. Anyways, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrimPnuU70

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Musical
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 05:37:24 am »
A fascinating premise! I much approve.

It now seems to be underway in full force:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU-TFjG0qugDt0qSNyhaKHnfbo8oi-5gJ

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »
I've been watching this as they are released!

The Ayla interpretation is... interesting. She's full-on Futurama-esque Snoo Snoo cave woman, hahaha... Just listen to the Ooga Booga dance number to see what I'm talking about!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »
The Ayla one is actually the one I went to first, since she's my fave character from the main cast. I liked it! First of all, outstanding singing and voice acting; that's never a guaranteed in a fan production. But second of all I like the take. These characters are so one-dimensional that we get to put a lot of ourselves into them, and that's how they really come alive. Their Ayla isn't my Ayla, but she's still a cool Ayla. AYLA SMASH!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 02:30:03 pm »
Yeah, definitely a different take on Ayla. I didn't mind it, either. Definitely caught me off guard, though. Definitely high quality though -- not just in the VA efforts, but in the video production, too. I hadn't heard of the YT channel until this and was happy that such a large channel would focus in on Chrono Trigger and give it such love.

Speaking of, they have a Secret of the Forest video up today, although I haven't seen it yet. It's a great song, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do it!

Have you seen any of the Chrono Trigger stuff by Josiah Everhart? He does arranged versions of various video game tunes and has done a few STELLAR ones for Chrono Trigger -- this is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXYHV7U7vU

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:23:34 am »
Oh, that's nice! Very smooth. No, I'd never heard any of his work. I haven't really sought out much Chrono series stuff in the last few years. But this is very nice! ^_^

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:05 am »
I'm really enjoying their interpretations of the Chrono Trigger world. It definitely implements some thing I wouldn't have considered...

...such as how for the Secret of the Forest song released yesterday it's not the characters singing, rather the creatures of the forest slinking about in the dark. I would have never considered that! Very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivS2SNZNrQI

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:47:23 pm »
There's a new upload!

https://youtu.be/w5FSNYTp8jk

Today's upload follows Crono, Marle, and Lucca as they explore the Sewers of 2300AD, following the song Underground Sewer.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:51:42 pm »
Oooooo I need to check this out after work!! This sounds awesome!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 08:49:55 pm »
I listened to some of these and I love them! However I'm a little sad too because I was thinking about writing words to "Yearnings of the Wind" and I feel like if I do it now, people will think I'm copying. Booooo! But it's beautiful music, I love it! I want to download these on my Apple Music! I'll definitely be listening to the rest!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 09:18:21 pm »
I was thinking about writing words to "Yearnings of the Wind" and I feel like if I do it now, people will think I'm copying.

Do it! It won't be copying, and your take on the lyrics could be totally different and still really interesting and worthwhile.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 10:22:32 pm »
I listened to some of these and I love them! However I'm a little sad too because I was thinking about writing words to "Yearnings of the Wind" and I feel like if I do it now, people will think I'm copying. Booooo! But it's beautiful music, I love it! I want to download these on my Apple Music! I'll definitely be listening to the rest!

I've seen several different take on adding lyrics to Chrono Trigger, so you definitely won't be copying any ideas.

I swore this guy wrote lyrics to Yearnings of the Wind, but I guess not. I still recommend his Chrono Trigger (and other SNES video game) orchestrations with lyrics. Stellar guy who deserves far more than he's currently getting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/boozinwalsh/videos

I mean, just check out his Doki Doki Literature Club tune. I haven't played Doki Doki Literature Club, despite hearing tons about it... and now I want to.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 10:39:37 pm »
Each song in CT was meant to evoke a certain feeling, so it's not surprising that people would come up with similar interpretations of the same song. It's more a case of convergent evolution than anybody deliberately copying anybody else.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »
Thanks guys!! It's a project that won't be made for several years anyhow as I want to play the music and sing the lyrics. I am trained, but I haven't really sang in 20 years so I'm planning on starting lessons hopefully by sometime this summer. The music I want to be piano, and I need to learn that. Learning the piano and the guitar has always been on my "to-do" list so I'm hoping to start that too over the next couple of years. I refuse to sound like crap! So I will definitely let you guys know when I do this! Thank you for your encouragement ALWAYS!!