Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album  (Read 50611 times)

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
Re: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2018, 03:29:25 pm »
Oh man, I am completely out of touch in regards to digital artists.

Maybe go through DeviantArt and look for a cool Chrono piece? Then you can reach out to the artist and see if they want to do a custom piece for the album?

Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2018, 08:25:27 pm »
I'm very happy to announce that ZeroCartin has signed on as the artist for Cross Symphonic!

I think he's going to be a fantastic fit for the album, and I'm very excited to be working with him!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2018, 09:21:39 pm »
Nice! I'm excited to see what y'all come up with!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2018, 11:47:50 pm »
Nice!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2018, 04:59:35 am »
Nice! I'm excited to see what y'all come up with!

I'm pretty excited!  I suppose even if the album flops, we should get some pretty nice art out of it. :D

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2018, 09:11:34 am »
That's awesome! This is one of my fav pieces.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2018, 05:01:49 pm »
That's awesome! This is one of my fav pieces.

Agreed!  When I ran across this picture a few months back, I had to track down the artist!  Lucky for me, he was super interested in the project!  8)

So small update/question. I've finally come up with a tentative budget for Cross Symphonic to be recorded live by some of the top musicians in the United States...and it's...ahem...large...

In order to even have a chance of funding this thing I'm going to need to get this campaign in front of as many people as possible. I've been toying with the idea of using Reddit/Facebook/Google ad targeting to promote the Kickstarter once it's launched. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with any of these platforms? Have these types of ads ever grabbed your attention? Is it worth investing some money into, or are they more or less irrelevant?

I've already invested quite a bit into this project, and I'm more then willing to invest more, but I don't want it to go to waste. Ultimately I want Cross Symphonic to deliver an experience that no other game album has. A cinematic, musical journey through a wonderful world. A retelling of a story that we all love. I don't want to skimp because "it's just video game music," or "the fans won't notice if you trim the orchestra," or "nobody cares if you use cheaper players." Mitsuda's music deserves a world class experience, and so do the fans that love and support this franchise.

*steps down from soap box*

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2018, 09:02:04 am »
Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with any of these platforms? Have these types of ads ever grabbed your attention? Is it worth investing some money into, or are they more or less irrelevant?

I've already invested quite a bit into this project, and I'm more then willing to invest more, but I don't want it to go to waste. Ultimately I want Cross Symphonic to deliver an experience that no other game album has. A cinematic, musical journey through a wonderful world. A retelling of a story that we all love. I don't want to skimp because "it's just video game music," or "the fans won't notice if you trim the orchestra," or "nobody cares if you use cheaper players." Mitsuda's music deserves a world class experience, and so do the fans that love and support this franchise.

Personally no experience using these platforms but I can attest to the fact that they have grabbed my attention. Whether or not I was interested was clearly dependent on the context.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »
Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with any of these platforms? Have these types of ads ever grabbed your attention? Is it worth investing some money into, or are they more or less irrelevant?

Personally no experience using these platforms but I can attest to the fact that they have grabbed my attention. Whether or not I was interested was clearly dependent on the context.

That's good to know! It looks like Reddit only allows images, but maybe a nice cover art/demo video could potentially cause you to click on the link?  The more I toy with this idea, the more I like it.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2018, 02:56:52 pm »
Reddit ads have probably grabbed me the least. Facebook and Google ads have a way of.... punching you in the face with the ads sometimes.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2018, 06:33:07 am »
Reddit ads have probably grabbed me the least. Facebook and Google ads have a way of.... punching you in the face with the ads sometimes.

Good to know.  Thanks for the input,  it'll help me finish up the planning stages.  Things are going to snowball starting in February!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »
I'm working on a promotional video right now, and have some animation ideas.  Does anyone know any 3d animators that would like to recreate a look-a-like scene from Cross's world with a simple character animation? 

I can provide more details if anyone knows anyone/is interested. The clip would be between 30 - 150 seconds.  I am willing to pay.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2019, 03:15:16 am »
Thought I would share some test footage with you guys to see what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lSP7MmS3E&feature=youtu.be

This is a private, Compendium only, video. :D

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:28 pm »
Ooooh, that moon reveal. I'm excited.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:27 pm »
Ooooh, that moon reveal. I'm excited.

I wish I were good enough at this stuff that I could render some of Cross's world for the album reveal trailer...sadly this is about the extent of my abilities. Haha  So I'll probably improve on this idea with some credits, a logo, maybe change up the animation a little.

I think it'll be a cool album reveal trailer though. I'm trying to capture that whole movie opening vibe!

Fun little side note, you can't see this in the test footage, but there is a small circular mountain ring on this world map, exactly like the dead sea. So when I was creating the night illumination map for the dark side of the world I placed a single bright light inside of that mountain ring to represent the Chronopolis.  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:54:32 pm by CptOvaltine »