Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album  (Read 50587 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2018, 08:04:16 pm »
I can't imagine wanting something even more outdated and obsolete just to put it on a shelf. Why don't the hipsters go for something real old school and insist on wax cylinders?

Believe it or not, vinyl's outsold physical CD sales in the US last year. It's a booming industry, and not just for the hipsters. Tons of the vinyls coming out now have lots of collector's bonuses.

I collected records until about 2006; you could find the occasional vinyl here or there, but most modern releases were rare or hard to come by. I quit simply because it was so expensive and I moved to purely digital music. I do get why people enjoy it though -- there's something raw about the sound. It's not the pure, clean audio of super-mastered digital collections; rather, it's raw and rough and that adds something (depending on context, for example).

Some of my favorite bands were best when they used shitty recording equipment and recorded it all in a garage or little studio. Then, once they get big and can afford a full studio and mastering, there's something sometimes lost. Not always the case, but I've seen it happen.

But yeah, it's interesting to see the confusing renaissance of vinyl.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2018, 06:23:38 pm »
Some of my favorite bands were best when they used shitty recording equipment and recorded it all in a garage or little studio. Then, once they get big and can afford a full studio and mastering, there's something sometimes lost. Not always the case, but I've seen it happen.

I know a few bands that suffered from this...I think it has a lot to do with the label they sign with.  Labels definitely have a "sound", and usually it's a very generic, cookie cutter approach. Triple AAA games *coughcallofduty* suffer from this too.

Anyhow, if any of you are interested in helping me promote this album, please let me know!  I'll send you a private link to a playlist of the album.  I don't want anyone to go out promoting something that they haven't experienced...maybe you won't want to promote it after you listen! haha
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:36:49 am by CptOvaltine »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2018, 01:13:44 pm »
I'd be willing to help out, especially in a Kickstarter to get a physical CD. :wink: Or even an orchestra! Just last week I went to hear a live performance of Harry Potter music, and it was magical (no pun intended). I would love to listen to live Chrono music in person.

As for advertising, I don't use much social media anymore, but I could spread the news around Facebook, Tumblr, and Reddit.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2018, 08:33:55 pm »
Dude! The Harry Potter orchestration was in my city this weekend!

...I didn't go...

I didn't know about it until after the fact.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2018, 09:45:37 pm »
I'd be willing to help out, especially in a Kickstarter to get a physical CD. :wink: Or even an orchestra! Just last week I went to hear a live performance of Harry Potter music, and it was magical (no pun intended). I would love to listen to live Chrono music in person.

As for advertising, I don't use much social media anymore, but I could spread the news around Facebook, Tumblr, and Reddit.

Which Harry Potter was it?  One of the first 3? John Williams is one of my all time favorites, and his score for Harry Potter 3 is amazing!  I'm going to see it live on December 3!  I actually just went to Ghost Busters in concert on Sat, which was a blast!

I subscribed to my local symphony's movie series.  They're doing 10 or so films this year, so I've been having a blast living some of these scores!  I'm very excited for Star Wars this spring!

I'd love to have you on board to help advertise things around! Maybe we can set up a group chat somewhere so that we can all co-ordinate where we're going to advertise so we don't have a bunch of overlap!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2018, 10:23:29 pm »
I'd love to have you on board to help advertise things around! Maybe we can set up a group chat somewhere so that we can all co-ordinate where we're going to advertise so we don't have a bunch of overlap!

The Compendium has a Discord; we may be able to create a thread there. If there are concerns with who could see it, it may have rights access. We can also do the same thing here.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:33 am »

The Compendium has a Discord; we may be able to create a thread there. If there are concerns with who could see it, it may have rights access. We can also do the same thing here.

Either option works for me! The only criteria is that we can limit viewership to those that are directly involved with me and the project. So whatever works best for everyone is fine by me.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:33 pm »
Alright guys.  I'm starting to pull together marketing material, and beginning to work on formulating a plan for the kickstarter.  Part of that includes coming up with a logo/album art. 

Who are some of your favorite digital artists that you think would be a good fit for Cross Symphonic? Send me all the names and links, no name is to big! haha

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2018, 01:17:59 am »
Oh man, I am completely out of touch in regards to digital artists.

Maybe go through DeviantArt and look for a cool Chrono piece? Then you can reach out to the artist and see if they want to do a custom piece for the album?

Just a thought.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:09 am »
Oh man, I am completely out of touch in regards to digital artists.

Maybe go through DeviantArt and look for a cool Chrono piece? Then you can reach out to the artist and see if they want to do a custom piece for the album?

Just a thought.

Haha that's funny. I actually did exactly that two days ago. I currently have two very talented artists interested in working on this, I'm just waiting for their quotes before we move further.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2018, 02:32:50 am »
You should get LicaWolf! She was a member here once, and even did Boo's and my current avatars :D

Unfortunately, her DeviantArt page seems empty now, and while she used to have her own website, I don't see it anymore.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2018, 05:03:33 am »
Can you link me to some of her stuff? I'd love to check it out!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »
I'd love to show you her official website, but I can't find it. I wonder if she took it down...

We do have some of her art hosted here and here. Just check the Fan Art sections.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2018, 04:28:31 pm »
I'd love to show you her official website, but I can't find it. I wonder if she took it down...

We do have some of her art hosted here and here. Just check the Fan Art sections.

Thanks for the links, I'll see what I can scrounge up!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2018, 07:22:44 pm »
I do miss Licawolf. Years ago we talked about doing a children's book together, but then she dropped off the face of the earth. I PM'd her once here a year or two ago and never got a reply.

Wherever you're at Licawolf, I hope you're well.