Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album  (Read 50595 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 11:03:24 pm »
I’ve been meaning to listen to this and I kept forgetting; I just listened now and OMG this is amazing! I subbed and will definitely be going back to listen to some of the other things you’ve posted. I wish this was on Apple Music so I could download it and add it to my Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross playlist. I cannot even express how much I love this!!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 03:47:21 pm »
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like it! I can't tell you how much it means to me to see everyone enjoying the tracks!

My plan always was to get a complete album onto different streaming and download services, so it will eventually make it to Apple music. :)  It'll still be a little while though, as I'm only about half way through the album and am only able to work on this on weekends.

The support and feedback that I get from everyone really inspires me to keep going, so please comment and share the videos around!  I love to hear feedback, so if you ever have any ideas about where you think the album should go, or there is something that you want to hear or say, I love to hear those things!  I don't always listen, (haha) but they sometimes spark ideas of my own that help propel things further. :)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »
Please let us know when it makes Apple Music. I waaaant iiiiiiitttt! Ha ha!

If you're taking requests, my absolute favorite song from Chrono Trigger is Yearnings in the Wind. Someday I'm going to learn piano and I want to cover it. That's a few years down the road though.

I completely understand how happy comments make you. I've started doing art again, I've been doing drawings and I'm also trying my first stab at a digital painting right now from one of my pencil works, and it means a lot when people comment or favorite one of my works on Deviant Art. If you want to take a look my link is https://princessnadia78.deviantart.com/. Most are good but some are meh, but all are learning experiences! I've been getting favorites but no comments! I want feedback! LOL I do also have my own thread here under the Fan Art section.

I wasn't planning on plugging myself, but I figured from one artist to another.... ha ha! Anyway please keep it up, I absolutely LOVE your music!!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 10:25:50 pm »
No worries, I will definitely let everyone know when it's finished! haha

Funny that you should mention Yearnings of the Wind...When I was first putting together my composing rig that's the song I tested everything on. I started another arrangement of it last year that I never finished.  I do want to get back to it, so maybe this will be the push. haha If the Cross Symphonic album does well then I fully plan on tackling some of the music from Chrono Trigger too.

That's awesome that you draw!  I'm a horrible artists, (visual anyway) so I always admire people that pursue that craft! You should post some Chrono Cross stuff! :)

Thank again for the kind words!  I fully plan on working harder, and hope to have the rest of the album finished by the end of the year.  Then it's just a matter of licensing.

I'll be posting some news about the album in this thread in the next few weeks, so make sure you check back!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:21 pm »
I will definitely keep checking!

Yes finish Yearnings of the Wind! It's such a beautiful song, and well, 600 AD is also my favorite time period. Ha ha!

I will eventually do some Chrono Cross stuff too. I have several things I'm working on now, but I'll get there! I'll keep you posted.  :)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 01:37:37 am »
I still haven't finished Yearnings of the Wind, but I was asked to do an arrangement of To Far Away Times for a friends review of CT that's coming out later this month.  I thought you might be interested in that. :)

https://www.facebook.com/JohnPaulHaywardMusic/videos/2090637444545591/

There's still some Cross Symphonic news coming down the pipeline.  Probably around the first week in May.  I'll have a new preview for everyone along with the news. :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 09:16:10 am »
but I was asked to do an arrangement of To Far Away Times for a friends review of CT that's coming out later this month

Sounds great so far! I love the strings at around -0:20 on the video you posted.

Slightly off topic, but the Compendium is doing a little arts celebration later this spring called Dream Splash. We've done it a few times in the past, but it's been a full decade since we've done one. They normally follow some sort of theme and it's just an excuse to create some awesome art (in whatever format the creator desires). We'll definitely have a music category, so you should consider entering.

Winners receive:
-Bragging rights
-You can say that you won a competition for the most hardcore of Chrono fans
-A custom forum tag
-Other stuff without monetary value

So yeah, nothing of monetary value, but it should be fun! Just a thought.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:14 pm »
Sounds like fun! I would like to contribute more to the community apart from shamelessly plugging my Chrono arrangements.  Plus it could be great exposure for Cross Symphonic!

Is there a link to a contest thread, or page of rules/guidelines?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 03:27:03 pm »
We haven't gotten that far yet. I should have that ironed out in a week or two and there will be a formal announcement.

Entering will be as easy as posting a new thread in the appropriate section of the Compendium and posting / linking to your categorized entry.

I plan on leaving some ramp up time for people to work on things, though, so there will be plenty of time.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
Awesome!  Well keep me posted, I'm very interested!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 12:00:26 am »
Damn right son I saw your new upload today!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 01:03:00 am »
What did you think?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 10:15:33 am »
Truth be told, I had to add it to my watch later list; I didn't have time to listen to it yet.

Seeing that I haven't sat down to listen to it yet, I will definitely double post and come here later to update with thoughts. Nice to see a Chrono Trigger upload!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 12:41:04 pm »
Heard it. Loved it. Can't wait for moar.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 06:29:37 pm »
Heard it. Loved it. Can't wait for moar.

I'm glad you loved it!  Thanks for listening!  No worries, there will be more... (there already are more) I'll have more to say about that later. :)