Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album  (Read 88 times)

CptOvaltine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« on: December 31, 2017, 06:09:01 pm »
Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

I wanted to share a project that I'm working on with everyone! I'm a classical/film composer who also happens to be a huge fan of the Chrono series, and Yasunori Mitsuda's music. So as a pet project, I decided to re-imagine one of my favorite games and it's soundtrack as if it were a movie score. This album is still in development, but will also be accompanied by a beautiful hand drawn art book that helps depict the scenes in each track.

This is a high quality, rough, full-length preview of track 02 from my upcoming album "Cross Symphonic" which takes the soundtrack for Chrono Cross and gives it a cinematic re-telling of the story via symphonic orchestra and choir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaw6FzF4nxM

I also have preview tracks of the 1st track, and a portion of the 3rd and 4th tracks if anyone is interested!

I hope you enjoy, Let me know what you think!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:42 pm »
Hey, this is great! There aren't many projects done for Chrono Cross's soundtrack as a whole, so I look forward to hearing more!

Happy New Year!

CptOvaltine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:07 pm »
Happy New Year to you too!

That's actually one of the reasons I wanted to do this project, the soundtrack for Cross is criminally under-rated.  Final Fantasy gets the star treatment, even Trigger has it's fair share of good orchestral albums, (mostly fan made) so I wanted to give the same treatment to Cross.

I'll be launching a kickstarter in a few months to help put the finishing polish on everything, and to pay the royalties to Yasunori Mitsuda.   In the meantime it would be a huge help if you shared the music around, the more exposure the better! :)

Cherenkov

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:11:27 pm »
I'm listening to this right now as I type, it's really cool! Great job! :D

CptOvaltine

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:52:34 pm »
I'm glad you like it!  There is a lot more to come, so make sure to check out my youtube often! I'll also post more about the project as things develop! :)