Author Topic: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album  (Read 50872 times)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Symphonic - A cinematic Chrono Cross album
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2018, 02:45:50 pm »
If this gets enough momentum to it, I'd love to see this on a kickstarter or something of the like, to get a full-blown orchestral set playing for an audience. Would definitely donate what I can.

That's the plan!  I'm working on the final 3 tracks right now.  I have everything ready for an orchestra to perform/record, now it's just a matter of money.

The scale to which this album is produced (Midi or live orchestra) will completely depend on fan support.  I plan to put something out either way, but if I can get the support I want to go big...like...really big. I've already laid some ground work, but I'll have to talk more about that a little later.

I've got a kickstarter planned tentatively for the first part of September, so spread the word and the tracks/previews that I've posted!  The more people get behind this the further we can take it!  :)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2018, 03:46:23 am »
I'm still alive guys.  Had to take a few weeks off to work on some other projects, but I'm back at it!

https://www.facebook.com/JohnPaulHaywardMusic/videos/303032006919669/

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2018, 02:10:16 am »
Sorry to triple post.  I just wanted to share this preview with all of you.  It's been quite a ride, and this track marks the end of the story (but not the end of the album) so it feels like a big moment.  haha

I would love to hear your thoughts!

https://www.facebook.com/JohnPaulHaywardMusic/videos/226881524668697/

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2018, 09:04:32 am »
Loving your work. I hope to be able to sit down and listen to it from start to finish to get the whole vision. Awesome job!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2018, 11:55:57 am »
Looooooove iiiiiit!

Oh boy, I can't wait!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2018, 01:23:22 pm »
Loving your work. I hope to be able to sit down and listen to it from start to finish to get the whole vision. Awesome job!

Looooooove iiiiiit!

Oh boy, I can't wait!

Thanks for listening, and for following this journey!  Both of you, it means a lot! This album has been such a bag of mixed emotions, I really can't wait to share it with all of you.  Things are on track to release this year.  I'll have more news to share soon.

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2018, 02:00:38 am »
Alright guys, I need some opinions. I'm finishing the same track I've been posting previews too, and I thought it might be kind of cool to transition into the the main theme from Trigger for a couple of reasons.

One of which is that I like the idea of bringing the whole adventure full circle.  My fear is that this song might be TOO iconic and it takes you out of the whole Cross mentality.  So I'd like your opinions.  Does this fit, and is it to much?  Or do you like how it brings the story full circle?  Keep in mind that this section takes place during Kid's monologue at the end of the game right before the credits roll, so think of this as the outro to a movie, right before the credits roll.

*Edited to remove the link*

After sleeping on it and talking with a few people, it just doesn't work.  I'll save those ideas for Trigger - if that album ever happens.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:17:07 pm by CptOvaltine »

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2018, 02:42:38 pm »
Ok, I need to do some listening! Work has been busy and I haven't had a chance to listen but I will now! :D

Please do a Trigger album! I really want to hear your rendition of "Yearnings of the Wind!" Puh-lease? :D

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »
Ok, I need to do some listening! Work has been busy and I haven't had a chance to listen but I will now! :D

Please do a Trigger album! I really want to hear your rendition of "Yearnings of the Wind!" Puh-lease? :D

I hope you like what you hear!  :) I'd love to hear what you think!

I'm a little cautious of a Trigger album.  I would love to do a Trigger album at some point.  When that happens will totally depend on how well Cross Symphonic is received.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:22 pm »
I'll definitely give it a listen after work!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm playing Cross on my phone right now! I just started it over the weekend. I haven't played it in AGES! I forgot how much I like that game. I'm trying to play it without consulting a LP or a guide. We'll see how far I get. Ha ha!! I really love my Android!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2018, 10:46:34 pm »
I'll definitely give it a listen after work!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm playing Cross on my phone right now! I just started it over the weekend. I haven't played it in AGES! I forgot how much I like that game. I'm trying to play it without consulting a LP or a guide. We'll see how far I get. Ha ha!! I really love my Android!

That's awesome!  I play through Cross around once a year or so. Still one of my favorite games!  I played through it on my tablet last time, but I have to agree...Android is the bomb. haha

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2018, 02:30:04 am »
Alright guys, I need some opinions. I'm finishing the same track I've been posting previews too, and I thought it might be kind of cool to transition into the the main theme from Trigger for a couple of reasons.

One of which is that I like the idea of bringing the whole adventure full circle.  My fear is that this song might be TOO iconic and it takes you out of the whole Cross mentality.  So I'd like your opinions.  Does this fit, and is it to much?  Or do you like how it brings the story full circle?  Keep in mind that this section takes place during Kid's monologue at the end of the game right before the credits roll, so think of this as the outro to a movie, right before the credits roll.

After sleeping on it and talking with a few people, it just doesn't work.  I'll save those ideas for Trigger - if that album ever happens.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to listen and give feedback. I trust your judgment, though. You can do this!

PLUUUUUUUUUS ULTRA!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2018, 06:35:33 pm »

Sorry I didn't get a chance to listen and give feedback. I trust your judgment, though. You can do this!

PLUUUUUUUUUS ULTRA!

No worries, Boo! I like what I came up with, and think it wraps the story up nicely. :)  I'll be working on timelines and what not for the next week or two, and should have something to share on the release soon!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2018, 11:38:30 pm »
A final clip.  This marks the end, and the beginning. :)

https://www.facebook.com/JohnPaulHaywardMusic/videos/290322378232854/

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2018, 12:19:12 am »
Man, it's bittersweet both you saying that the fact that it's over that song. That song has always made me feel things. Good job orchestrating what is normally a purely acoustic piece. Very nice indeed.