Author Topic: A Theory Regarding Schala  (Read 6533 times)

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: A Theory Regarding Schala
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
Yeah when Magus explains what happened at the ocean palace in the original timeline to the party when they confront Magus, it clearly showed Schala not being present, however the Gurus and Janus were present. This could mean that there is more than one Schala out there since the original Magus still existed after Chrono and co changed the timeline.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:01 am »

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:52 am »
I stand Corrected, but still she would have had her pendant and its remaining energy in the original timeline and not have had to use the pendants energy to warp away Crono and co.

Metalraptor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 07:21:08 am »
Sorry for reviving this thread, I know I haven't posted in here for awhile, but I just saw something in a video that might relate to this theory, so I wanted to mention it.
Chrono Trigger used placeholder sprite graphics hidden on the maps for various scenes, some of which didn't make it into the final game, but are still hiding behind graphics in said rooms.
In the scene where Schala uses the pendent to open the door, if you remove some of the game's layer graphics you'll find Queen Leene's sprite along with an attended standing behind the door.
I thought this was interesting, as it potentially links the two characters together in the original game.
https://youtu.be/2Ja3TdujlDg?t=12m44s

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 07:49:11 pm »
assuming this theory was correct (which I personally doubt for many reasons, but it is still very interesting to me), this could put an extremely heartwarming spin on an otherwise hilarious party member oversight:
Quote from: Leene, Rainbow Shell sidequest
"I ask for the sake of Magus. Please carry out their request."

Metalraptor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 10:05:39 pm »
Interesting, I looked up the scene in a play through, but it seems that she says Marle there instead of Magus.
https://youtu.be/SkBiJmNsahk?t=29m18s
Since that's at a point in the game where anyone can be the party leader, it could vary depending on whose leading the party at the time, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:08:07 pm by Metalraptor »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:16 pm »
LEENE: I ask for the sake of {PC1}.{line break}
Please carry out their request.{null}

It's whoever's in the lead at the moment.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 11:17:29 pm »
...yes. That's what I mean by "party member oversight" (or was that not clear enough?)

You can put Magus in the lead and not only will nobody in the castle care, but Leene will mention him by name (in the original script, not in the steam version it seems) and ask that his request be carried out. It's meant to just be a hilarious developer's oversight from the late decision to make him playable, but this theory, loose as it is, would make this rather sweet.

From the steam version:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 11:41:14 pm »
Oh, it was changed? Well, that avoids the weird situation of mentioning Magus by name.

On the other hand... "little enough"? Pft, I can already imagine the soldiers while lifting/carrying the shell:

"Little enough!?"

:lol:

Metalraptor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 01:13:41 am »
Captain B, hahah, yeah sorry if I missed that, I had just finished pulling an all nighter on a drawing when I wrote my response, so I was a bit out of it at the time. :D