Author Topic: Just Realized Something- multiple Lavos Apocalypses  (Read 5169 times)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
Re: Just Realized Something- multiple Lavos Apocalypses
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 05:56:10 pm »
I am really enjoying reading these contemplative threads on different takes on different aspects of the game.

I always took the earthquakes comment as a foreshadowing of Lavos. And you know that Lavos isn't the only Lavos since he has spawn and it I know there is a line in Chrono Trigger somewhere that also convinced me of that, but now I can't remember it...

One of the things I love about Chrono Trigger is how the makers of the game used actual historic theories in the game (the falling of something from space that killed the dinosaurs.) I always thought that was so awesome. I am still convinced that Lavos is real. I'm obviously not alone in this!

Anyway, just a few thoughts I had. :)

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 10:46:55 am »
And you know that Lavos isn't the only Lavos since he has spawn and it I know there is a line in Chrono Trigger somewhere that also convinced me of that, but now I can't remember it...

Maybe this one?

Quote from: Mother Brain
Listen well, humans.

Lavos's children will one day have to
leave to seek new planets, and prey.

That always made me think that "our" Lavos was just one out of a litter, and its siblings were off destroying other worlds. As for how many are in a litter, we know of at least four, but those are just the ones that got in your way. I think it's likely there were more.

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:01 am »
You know, the simple fact that Lavos had multiple spawn would imply that there are Lavos-es all over the galaxy/universe/multiverse/who knows.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 10:51:10 am »
This is headcanon, but I always thought that Lavos somehow survived the constant death and rebirth of the universe. The universe is created via Big Bang, then eventually reaches a Cold Death and collapses in on itself, only to condense and recreate the Big Bang all over again. A never-end cycle of universes.

Lavos would somehow be able to survive and flow from one universe to another, each time trying to harness that universe's strongest to continue to evolve itself... and would in turn guide the new universe's evolution to try and make it stronger than the last.

One of my head canon Chrono fangame ideas (never to be realized) dealt with this. But whereas time is malleable in this Chronoverse and can easily be changed via time travel, the new universe would actually be fatalistic time travel, in that attempts to change time end up only fulfilling events that occur. The late-game quest would be to break the chains of fate that governs this version of time travel so that people aren't bound to this form of time travel. It would have also hinted at Lavos, with Lavos ending up being the big villain in a potential sequel.

Alas! Nothing worse than unrealized story ideas.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 08:41:25 pm »
That would probably be the one Razig!

I'm hoping my reply doesn't come off as lame. It's been a brain-numbing kind of day. LOL

I have to agree with your theory Boo. I have to admit, I'd thought of Lavoses on other planets, but other universes never even crossed my mind! But to keep surviving it would have to go to other universes, they wouldn't be able to keep reproducing just on our solar system.

I'm actually thinking about writing a fanfic and eventually some Chrono art. I've never done either even though I'm an artist and I've done some writing as well. I'd love to know what programs people use and if there is something I could use on my iPad. And yes, unrealized story ideas do suck!!

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 01:44:38 pm »

I'm actually thinking about writing a fanfic and eventually some Chrono art. I've never done either even though I'm an artist and I've done some writing as well. I'd love to know what programs people use and if there is something I could use on my iPad. And yes, unrealized story ideas do suck!!
PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHANGE! I like read fan fictions!!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 04:17:07 pm »
One can never have too many fanfics or other pieces of Chrono artforms, so you have my full endorsement. :)

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 07:46:17 pm »
Oh you guys rock!! This week we have compliance coming to work (Hoo!! Biss!) so I think either this weekend or next week I'll start writing. I'll have to write the old-fashioned way at work because I can't use my iPad while I'm working. Ha ha!

I know I have some art apps on my iPad Pro and I have an Apple pencil so I'll have to start playing with it. Or get a sketchbook and some pencils and start there. I'm really excited to get my creative juices flowing again, I haven't done anything creative in awhile. I'm just hoping I can do as well as I see it in my head.  :o LOL

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »
Oh you guys rock!! This week we have compliance coming to work (Hoo!! Biss!) so I think either this weekend or next week I'll start writing. I'll have to write the old-fashioned way at work because I can't use my iPad while I'm working. Ha ha!

I know I have some art apps on my iPad Pro and I have an Apple pencil so I'll have to start playing with it. Or get a sketchbook and some pencils and start there. I'm really excited to get my creative juices flowing again, I haven't done anything creative in awhile. I'm just hoping I can do as well as I see it in my head.  :o LOL
:wink: No hurry, just take time...

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 07:34:43 pm »
Thanks! I love it here, you guys are awesome. I definitely feel at home here!!   :D

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 07:16:42 am »
Lavos would somehow be able to survive and flow from one universe to another, each time trying to harness that universe's strongest to continue to evolve itself... and would in turn guide the new universe's evolution to try and make it stronger than the last.

I could see this. there's a theory that Lavos can create a 'pocket dimension', a bubble of space-time separate from the rest of the universe. this explains a number of anomalies seen in battle with him, such as the abstract background and the Time Warp... move in the final battle (which loads up a specific super-attack).

this 'pocket dimension' theory would be sufficient to explain Lavos' survival from one universe to the next.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:42 am »
this 'pocket dimension' theory would be sufficient to explain Lavos' survival from one universe to the next.

THIS. Lavos really isn't a space-porcupine, he's the sinister creature lurking within the temporal whatever (and it could be argued he's really the right bit aka right pod in the DS remake). The spiky shell is really just his "vessel" and base of operations that he uses to manipulate the genetics of the planet he's hiding within.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 08:41:03 pm »
Not related to the topic but was touched on earlier, I started writing my first fanfic! I started this week. I'm curious how long this will be when I type it out as I've already filled 4 pages in my notebook and I feel like I'm just getting started! Ha ha! I'm also picking up a sketchpad and some pencils this weekend to start my artwork too. I'm just feeling very inspired! I can't wait to show you guys the finished products!!

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 02:27:25 am »
You know, everyone...

If Lavos hopped dimensions, and traveled through time (as I've argued he might), that could easily work in with the whole big-bang to big-rip thing.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:13 pm »
So very true, ThatGuy! Definitely something to think about!