Author Topic: Is there any tool to facilitate the injection of SPCs into the game?  (Read 1804 times)

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Since no admins moved or closed the previous thread posted on CC modification by mistake (sorry again) i recreated it in the correct forum.

Since that the only thing i find close to what i imagined is this tool; but its unfinished and it only can change instruments in the same ROM; nothing more. The good thing this is for several Square games, and if anyone could finish the tool a lot of work patching the roms to replace music could be done in a few clicks.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Is there any tool to facilitate the injection of SPCs into the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 02:06:49 pm »
I think that's the closest you'll get to a useful tool in the case of SPCs.

Rjenyawd

• Iokan (+1)
  • ..but time flows like a river, and history repeats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 05:55:47 pm »
DarkShock over at romhacking.net uses MSU-1  to overlay the audio calls with the FLAC files of Blake Robinson's symphony remasterd CT soundtrack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2546/

Also, JCE3000GT released the "Frozen Flame" SPC from CC to put into Trigger. ...but Im pretty sure his instructed method is just to manually insert it using HEX.  Maybe talk to one of these guys to find out something more? 

Also worth looking into is Gi Nattak over at the FF6hacking website. He's a freaking genius with game music hacking, and can more than likely point you in the right direction.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:54:44 pm »
DarkShock over at romhacking.net uses MSU-1  to overlay the audio calls with the FLAC files of Blake Robinson's symphony remasterd CT soundtrack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2546/

I've used this pack to make a personal remaster before; but i didnt want to make a giant 35mb .flac file to replace a single music (with the same SNES quality) if i could simply inject a 56kb .spc inside the ROM.

Also, JCE3000GT released the "Frozen Flame" SPC from CC to put into Trigger. ...but Im pretty sure his instructed method is just to manually insert it using HEX.  Maybe talk to one of these guys to find out something more? 

I tried to follow its instructions, but i became confused of how to fix the instruments of .spc before inject, let alone "browser" the ROM in the HEX Editor.

Also worth looking into is Gi Nattak over at the FF6hacking website. He's a freaking genius with game music hacking, and can more than likely point you in the right direction.

I think i should talk to him. Thanks for the point