Author Topic: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.  (Read 44263 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2019, 03:59:06 pm »
What I meant were how to do cutscenes, the randomized mini-dungeon and the Blackjack minigame from Crimson Echoes/Flames of Eternity (I presume?).

Crimson Echoes has Blackjack?! Cool! I wonder if they copy/past'd it from my CT+ Eternal End Mod/Hack. :)

...and yes, actually, all three have been documented/covered, I just have to EDIT through alot of video content and get the videos released.

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2019, 01:20:14 am »
Any other requests?

I would like before I finalize the start...

Palette Editors.

That's it.

Anyone else?

Here's what I've planned by the by...

Code: [Select]
Project Outline:: (5-8 60min tutorials (or so)...), though a bit of CHAOS is INVOLVED! >:-}
     Purpose: To teach Temporal Flux, and store the knowledge(by reverse engineering)
              ...(through an electron-medium in the Akashic Records of KNOWLEDGE for EVER! Mwa ha ha!)
GAME_WORLD::theory_of_practice (...THRU ALL THE TUTORIALS...), EXPORTS (and explanation)...

TUTORIAL 1: INTRO shzat (and the Beauty of .IMPORT/.EXPORT), Interface CONTENT, Plugins GALORE!!
Menu Functions, Events(LATER!!), ...but Music, Strings(why so soon?), Treasure for NOW!, (BONUS GFX!), Basic Events.
Follow up: Millennial Fair Expansion EXTRAVAGANZA! (upgrade complete!)
=--=-=--=--=--=--==-=---=--=-=-=-=-=-----=-==-=-------===-=
Silver Point System, Blackjack Overview!, Scavenger Hunt, Adventurer's Tent (WoW like reputation systems...!? Sweet!)

TUTORIAL 2: GOING BEYOND, GOING FURTHER...
Prep-stuff (refactor enemy drops, shops, new items, gfx, etc.)
Adventurer's Tent::ItemTrading & Templating(Merchant-In-A-Box, and Tab Makers, etc.)
...and Prehistoric Expedition SAFARI MOTHERF*CKER!! FactorySynthShop Super-Farming Upgrade!!
Denadoro Mts. Follow up: ( update enemies: robots, goblins, etc.)

TUTORIAL 3: ...why call it 'anything'? A BUNCH OF EXPORTS & Explanations of fundamentals
New Cutscenes: Ocean Palace / Black Omen, Extended Frog/Lucca Cutscenes, RubyEdge
GAME_WORLD::Dungeon Upgrades, spruce up areas, etc.
Manoria Chapel, Guardia Prison, Arris Dome, Heckran Caverns, Reptite's Lair, Castle Maou
Tyrano Lair, Follow up(s): Ayla's Quest Searing Chasm(ENEMY AI tutorial, etc.) AND hidden items(24)...

TUTORIAL 4:..where to go from here...? ...Lost Cutscenes: Post-Castle Magus Cataclysm, Zeal Palace Cutscene
Crono's Quest Elementals & Custom Puzzles,   Follow up(s): Villages, NPC QUESTs, MINI-DUNGEONS!! mwa ha ha! >:-}

TUTORIAL 5: Not yet wrapping things up...(there's so much more!)
EPIC GOD LAVOS ENDING SCENE FINALE UPGRADE COMPLETE JESUS BATMAN CHRIST THE MOVIE, AMEN 2.0 METEOR!11!11!!!!

Other than the content covered here, I'm taking other requests, please elaborate in details, if possible...and I'll try to incorporate 'how to do' in the Video Tutorial Series.
Thank you for the patience...

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2019, 10:42:46 pm »
Nothing? Are you sure because I'm still taking requests after I start the video series however they will dwindle and optimize choice please cast your choices now....

... once I begin it won't be as easy and I will start a poll of what I might consider to add in later episodes.
... however right now on you get the choice of what you want... do you want a new dungeon or is there a certain cutscene type you would like to see that you don't know how to do or is there some bug that you would like to see how to get around or whatever let me know I can tell you how to figure that out at least and we'll work through it together in the videos haha. Until then video one is going to be released soon....
-Z

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 09:32:31 am »
I'm not the core user of TF, but what you've proposed looks solid from my end.

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 06:16:20 pm »
There's no upper limit, right? Can't it be somewhat of a rolling series? Thanks for your work.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2019, 06:39:01 pm »
There's no upper limit, right? Can't it be somewhat of a rolling series? Thanks for your work.

After the main videos (and the sub-videos in between) then yes, perhaps this may become a rolling series...

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2019, 05:15:46 pm »
Finalizing some edits it's not perfect I'm going to leave a few of the mistakes I've made along the way in there as lessons to show "what not to do" and such I do have to figure out a different level of compression though...because the first video of being 3 hours long is 17.5 GB.

I don't know if YouTube is going to get mad at me if I upload this... I'll have to opt for a smaller file format without losing image quality. Hope to have this figured out within a couple days or so.
-Z

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2019, 06:34:49 pm »
What's your current setup and encoder settings?
A three-hour video for YouTube, primarily with screen recording, should really be no more than 3 GB, I would say.

(Depending on resolution and framerate, I believe it's reasonable to get that down to 1 GB.)

Edit: But of course, if you have the bandwidth, YouTube will take that. I believe the limit is 128 GB and 12 hours.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:42:35 pm by trig »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
~
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
hmmm... Okay, I'll do some final mixing tonight and see...I've got a couple more things to add to the first video(but it's nearly complete!)

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2019, 05:13:28 pm »
I hate to say it but I'm going to have to re-record the video... after reviewing it several times that are too many erratic portions in it and wastes of time. ... I'm just not happy how it turned out I'm going to re-do it.

I'll try to have it up soon... shouldn't take me nearly as long.

~Z

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2019, 08:31:45 pm »
I've only been sorta following this, have you made the video showing how to extract the compressed graphics and reinsert them yet?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »
Actually, since I've had to refactor these...I'm including this in Video #1.

We will be replacing the icons (weapons, accessory, items) and expanding upon this (adding a "legendary weapons item icon", CUSTOM ITEM ICON (like the Adamantium Ore) and HOWTO do the least amount of steps for doing so.

I've got some days off coming up, hope to FINALLY upload the videos.

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2019, 11:49:56 pm »
Ok, my apologies for the wait... (I'll be honest I'm addicted to Pokemon GO!)

Status Update:
I've got about 1 more hour to add of content to video, then I can refine it.

Tutorials are now more of a 'journey' so to speak (I realized this with the the rewrite of Tutorial 1)

TUTORIAL 1: INTRO shzat (and the Beauty of .IMPORT/.EXPORT), Interface CONTENT, Plugins GALORE!!
Menu Functions, Events(LATER!!), ...but Music, Strings(why so soon?), Treasure for NOW!, (BONUS GFX!), Basic Events.
Follow up: Millennial Fair Expansion EXTRAVAGANZA! (upgrade complete!)

Just going through the interface and temporal flux and explaining it, (while being complete) to the point of explaining making a DEBUG warp room(combining what was taught about locations, maps, exits, events all together near the end has taken nearly 6 hours. I also start talking about plugins extras like making custom items. (may as well include that in the first video, gotta make it interesting >:-)

I hope to get some more finishing touches and quit putting getting this released off...so I can work on other endeavors ;)

~Z

trig

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2019, 12:53:44 pm »
The project is yours, so the deadlines are your own to make. Take the time you need to be happy with your work.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2020, 03:21:40 pm »
Let's face it times are rough on Earth right now.
Some ass clown decided to make some super power made out of a bat and fucked up....
...and the coronavirus came out instead.

While the coronavirus is not as dire as Lavos, we will endure.
I hope to actually get back into making those tutorials I have a much better template ization with less time-wasting than the last videos I was about to release when I had my last computer.
No more breaking computers... the way my brother breaks bikes(note to self)....

Hope to get back at it soon...happy hacking everyone! be safe.

-Z