Author Topic: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.  (Read 46758 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 03:56:23 pm »
Update: Getting closer, I've got content for Tutorial #3 recorded.
Going to get 4 & 5 done, then from there just have to start editing/splicing, etc.

EDIT:
Tutorial 3 is NOT done!! I've yet to finish Ayla's Searing Chasm Quest Chain in that part of the tutorial (which has to do with dungeon enhancements)....there will be a delay in the release of the first 3 videos. Thank you for the patience.

~Z
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:17:23 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 10:28:34 am »
 :picardno

Ran out space on my google drive (they only give you so much) lol.

Anyway, because of this, I'm going to just have to be careful, and get the rest of #3 done, then do edits so I can get some content on YouTube(hopefully before family vacation on the 21st)

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 10:04:08 pm »
 :picardno

Fatalistic cataclysm.

TUTORIAL 3: ...why call it 'anything'?
New Cutscenes: Ocean Palace / Black Omen, Extended Frog/Lucca Cutscenes, RubyEdge
GAME_WORLD::Dungeon Upgrades, spruce up areas, etc.
Manoria Chapel, Guardia Prison, Arris Dome, Heckran Caverns, Reptite's Lair, Castle Maou
Tyrano Lair, Ayla's Quest Searing Chasm(ENEMY AI tutorial, etc.)    AND hidden items(24)...

TUTORIAL 4:..where to go from here...? ...Lost Cutscenes: Post-Castle Magus Cataclysm, Zeal Palace Cutscene
Crono's Quest Elementals & Custom Puzzles, Villages, NPC QUESTs, MINI-DUNGEONS!! mwa ha ha! >:-}

Due to "old" exports (AND ROMS) *NOT* having the most recent version in existence (for some reason), ....there will be a delay in the development and release of Tutorial #3 & 4. However, Intro #0, #1, & #2 will be released (after the appropriate edits). Should be within the week or so...

~Z
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:05:05 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 06:45:04 pm »
Ok. I'm not a fatalist, nonetheless, I curse *you!* oh, 'I have save Ayla's & Crono's Quest Chains' (and for some reason, only the older version is existing...).

So, I'm working on video 4 & 5. I'm skipping the end part video 3 (Ayla's Quest) and doing video4 (Crono's LEGENDARY 4 ELEMENTS OF THE PLANET, GaiaStrike{tech}, and AtomEdge{Weapon}, instead.

This will be explained, &/or cut when I do video edits (so seamlessly the viewer of the tutorials won't even notice, all the content is relevant to learning the interface...which is the purpose of these videos anyway.)

I'm still debating on whether to include .exports (either way: no .IPS files!! I never have luck with those!) at all, because I want people to learn the interface, not just copy&paste learn it. Nonetheless, merely watching the videos is intended for the 'viewer' to learn the information taught(without needed outside 'files' though those are recommended!!).

Anyways, I'm not going to stress it too much.. I'm just considering...
Anyways, how are AIeditor and TechEditor coming?

~Z

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 08:12:11 pm »
Hi-Tech needs a few updates. Enemy AId is kind of a mess at this point due to some data loss, but I'll get it back together.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 04:28:33 pm »
Hi-Tech needs a few updates. Enemy AId is kind of a mess at this point due to some data loss, but I'll get it back together.

Cool. I'm getting closer to an actual video release. (unlike versions of CT++...which is now what I'm calling it, since there are several CT+ mods out there now.)

I DO want to document this plugin in early versions, (it would be great to have the update and pallet editors before I begin).

As for "ITEM icon"... do you think you could edit ITEMIZER and update it so we can use a 'hex value' to determine which icon to use? Color can come later, I need this.

Please and Thank You!
~Z
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:29:49 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 06:27:04 pm »
The Hi-Tech update will be done soon. I still won't be messing with data Temporal Flux can already edit, such as item names.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2019, 07:46:34 am »
The Hi-Tech update will be done soon. I still won't be messing with data Temporal Flux can already edit, such as item names.

Unfortunately this requires a space I think 0 x 80 in front of item names in the string out of there if I change it to zero x 81(... some other icon say a shield or whatever...)  it's no space at all(... in the string editor)...and I can't put this in with the string quickly I have to do it manually with hex which is a pain in the katooter... I think I asked this before but it would it be possible to just have a little string notation that warns you upon saving that if the strings editor is open it's going to overwrite the data &/or potentially conflict or undesirable results.

-Z
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:48:48 am by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2019, 04:20:02 pm »
I can't tell what windows are open, what records have been modified, or access string records on anything but a read only basis.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2019, 01:25:58 pm »
I can't tell what windows are open, what records have been modified, or access string records on anything but a read only basis.

We would then need to either ask and Geiger to make a class derivative that is non reference based...(This is NOT type safe and not recommended in programming), or some other option.

What order does Tempur Flex save data in is it internal data then plug in data I assume how does it sort it all and then it saves it all at once?

-Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2019, 01:56:34 pm »
I don't have access to details of the saving process. I provide data on how much space I need, if it should go in the original location, etc, and Temporal Flux takes care of the rest.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2019, 05:31:55 pm »
I don't have access to details of the saving process. I provide data on how much space I need, if it should go in the original location, etc, and Temporal Flux takes care of the rest.
Interesting. I was wondering, can you make a short text you all tutorial on how to make a very simple plugin in temporal flux I know there is supposedly documentation on the TFPArchitecture... but it's not very good.

If you, (if you don't mind my asking) can make a short text tutorial on making a temporal flux plugin( something simple like the shop editor), ... don't go on every step but more like an overview of what you need to put in... such as looking up the addresses, etc. Make it real brief but understood.
After that I will convert it into a video tutorial so people can make their own.
This should take an hour or less if that I would like to include this in the first release of Tutorial #1(which I'm doing editing today on).

-Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »
I can try and get to that, but I don't know when I'll be able to, and I'm not sure how useful it will be.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 01:28:41 pm »
I can try and get to that, but I don't know when I'll be able to, and I'm not sure how useful it will be.

Oh it will be useful. Trust me.

-Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2019, 11:25:11 am »
Furthermore on the subject I would like to make a video tutorial on the data that you give me I would think it should only take you an hour or so to compile what's needed for a shop editor or could I have a "well commented" source code project copy of your plug-in? that might be even enough for me to do so...

Update: I've been trying to get an apartment I got thrown out of my place and I am trying to move to a better situation so my stuff is in storage I've got my files on backup in the cloud and Google Drive so no worries... once I get to where I'm moving to I will continue and finalize the First videos and release of the series hopefully within a month or so I have that up... especially if I have the new features of plugins that were requested.
/sexy_winkyface

-Z