Author Topic: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.  (Read 44272 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux tutorial videos.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 02:16:40 am »
I've some basic footage done...going to record for a few more hours before I start condensing into Episodes/Tutorials.

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 04:24:37 pm »
Double-post!

Good enough footage for a starter set of videos, it's Fried-day, so let's 'burn one' and "git er done!"

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:48 pm »
 :picardno

Good God my laptop's hard drive went out so I have to send that in.
Grrr... I was hoping to have this done by now. Sorry about the inconvenience and the delayed response.
No more procrastination, when I get back I'll get those videos done right away.

-Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 04:15:36 pm »
Good news, I got my laptop back from MSI.

Lost the video files I had before, (but I feel they needed revision anyways)
Will be rocking some new ones within the week (and HOPEFULLY some anomaly doesn't interfere...)  :D

~Z

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 09:48:09 am »
Get you a SSD! :D

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 01:02:49 pm »
Plan on doing that, for sure.

~Z

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 04:51:26 pm »
Let me know if you need any input on the videos.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 02:15:11 am »
Getting close I got about seven hours of video covering about one-fifth of the contents I want to cover.

I had to go through an edit out the crap, but I'm going to be doing minimal edits, if some weird anomaly occurs that I've encountered before......I'm going to explain all the way through--the best I know about it and how to avoid it will be apparent. (Things to avoid, and how to get yourself out of a trap)..

I've got a few more hours of recording before I can release the first two tutorial. I wanted them to be a half hour or so,... They are more like 3 hours each but I'm glad it is so, because I underestimated how much content there is to cover.

Tutorial 1: Mostly an overview of Temple Flux and its features and the plug-ins.
Tutorial 2: We make, FROM scratch (no imports pre-created), though they shall be included... Anyway, we(because tutorial 2 is a follow along) make new areas, items, hack in NEW graphics for those items, (can't make new areas without new stuff right?) the Adventurers Tent:(gain reputation and other cool things),...

...As of right now I'm in the middle of showing how to make a new reputation system (like WoW), where the player can turn in items to get a higher rank and get access to better shops, etc.... the cool thing is is we can ***template copy and paste*** this kind of stuff across the ROM and make more mini factions in different eras.

Later I'll get into cutscenes and more advanced events. And what not but it is starting to shape up!

-Z
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:22:24 am by Zakyrus »

chrono12

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 08:05:44 pm »
Also, make videos about overworld. On those complicated commands, this is anxious !!! :o 8)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 03:34:31 pm »
 :picardno

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!n(whatever that means!)
Who wants to pre-view them via google.drive, etc? Im not pretending to be sane. LOL.
No judgments, that's that.

WARNING: GRATUITOUS SWEARING(worse than a pirate) is prevalent!
EDIT: Temporarily offline... Going to do some more recording/editing...and figure out what happened to video6. Hopefully have some better content soon!
~Z
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:38:49 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 03:37:03 pm »
Also, make videos about overworld. On those complicated commands, this is anxious !!! :o 8)

Ok. I'll do my best, I've only done a few things...I'm not that good at it, but I'll make a few new events.

~Z
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:59:55 pm by Zakyrus »

chrono12

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 06:03:33 pm »
Isso e um sonho!!! De informação!! :oh

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 03:45:06 pm »
Isso e um sonho!!! De informação!! :oh

I don't know what you are saying(?).
Translatation: this is a dream of information

Nonetheless, I plan on adding subtitles (so they can be understood better).

~Z
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:47:05 pm by Zakyrus »

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 06:24:52 pm »
I think chrono12 was saying something along the lines of "This is a dream come true! So much information!!"

I watched the first capture. It's a good start. Sometimes you were a bit hard to understand though.

For the Mark All as Modified option: Temporal Flux only saves data to the ROM if it's been altered in some way, indicated by the record's bModified flag. Marking all will resave everything, and for data that can be moved, it will attempt to reorganize everything. Originally this had the potential to save space, but if you have Hi-Tech installed it won't, because I haven't attempted to recreate Chrono Trigger's method of saving space for tech animations.

Also my test of it just now took about 5 minutes, ran out of free space on a fresh ROM, and gave an error in Hi-Tech.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2019, 06:34:39 pm »
I think chrono12 was saying something along the lines of "This is a dream come true! So much information!!"

Makes sense...

I watched the first capture. It's a good start. Sometimes you were a bit hard to understand though.

I plan on doing audio editing to balance the levels, and such.

For the Mark All as Modified option: Temporal Flux only saves data to the ROM if it's been altered in some way, indicated by the record's bModified flag. Marking all will resave everything, and for data that can be moved, it will attempt to reorganize everything. Originally this had the potential to save space, but if you have Hi-Tech installed it won't, because I haven't attempted to recreate Chrono Trigger's method of saving space for tech animations.

Also my test of it just now took about 5 minutes, ran out of free space on a fresh ROM, and gave an error in Hi-Tech.

Ok, I will record a bit explaining that and update that segment of video when I get to development/editing. I've also lost Segment 6 somehow, so I'm going to have to rewatch what I've recorded and figure out what went missing. I hate redos, but I'll have to do that.

I plan on doing the editing soon, I'm having too much fun recording....
I am going to take down the link soon for the pre-views soon, I just wanted a few people to take a look and ensure I can be understood.

~Z