Author Topic: New Masato Kato 2015 interview  (Read 2027 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
New Masato Kato 2015 interview
« on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:43 pm »
Yes, it's about Chrono Break (or Chrono Reflections) regarding on the final trilogy.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1420234

Question: Let's talk about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross if you will. When did you think about a sequel or a new story set in the same universe? Did you think there were certain aspects of Chrono Trigger that were worth going into in more depth or explored further?

Answer: I'm going to make a confession: when I finished writing Chrono Trigger, I felt a huge relief! (Laughs) Incidentally, shortly after, I took up the writing of Radical Dreamers and the first idea I had was to make a game that would follow the adventures of a band of thieves. I also had the image of a manor in mind. I started writing and writing, without thinking much and when I reached the last step of the plot, I started feeling some doubt: was the epilogue I was unfolding the right one? That's when I realized, for the first time, that what I was writing was the story of Schala and Magus. (Laughs)

As for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, I wanted to imagine an episode that would conclude a trilogy and take place shortly after the events of the first game. I thought of the following lead: Kid and the others have to go help Crono, Marle and Lucca, who were then in great dangers. In the end, it was some sort of "all-star"! (Laughs) That said, I have the following principle: the past is the past, and it should be left behind. You have to let go. To lay new foundations. To move on. Nevertheless, if I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure Square Enix suggested the possibility of a project titled Chrono Break. But I wasn't part of it, so I'm not in the best position to talk about it. In fact I don't have any other information on this topic.

And so, Kid, Serge, Crono, Lucca, Frog and Janus are gathered together
in one chamber, Zurvan the sea of time is awakened, the curtain rises on
the final battle.

Chrono Reflect

I would like to have this story individually spun.
Yours respectfully.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246343294

Harle originally had a send off FMV,but cut due to time constraints.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:32:05 pm by Dialga_Palkia »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: New Masato Kato 2015 interview
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:46:23 am »
Interesting.

Wait, 2015? Can't remember if this was shown here before. Hahaha, would've gladly done the translation otherwise. :lol:

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:40:48 am »
The most interesting bit about this, in my opinion, is that this is the second time that "the sea of Zurvan" has been mentioned. I wonder what that would've entailed...

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:28:14 pm »
"The past is past and should be left behind. Move on. Make new foundations."

I suppose those foundations were built after burning down everything that was good and idealistic about the last game and pissing all over the ashes out of spite? That the past should be left behind by destroying everything that made her an endearing and beloved character because you decided that the only way she could ever be happy was to become a different person entirely?

You know what? I have one thing to say to you, Kato-san.

Fuck you, and fuck everything you stand for. *drops mic*

Edit: No. I'm not salty at all. Why do you ask? =<
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:32:25 pm by skylark »