Author Topic: Schala's Last Scene, Memory Corrupted?  (Read 2011 times)

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Schala's Last Scene, Memory Corrupted?
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:01:15 am »
So, I could have sworn that right after Schala sent everyone through the gate to escape the Ocean Palace, she crouched like she does, and rubble started falling from the ceiling.

I've played through the ROM lately, and I checked a youtube just to be sure, and... no rubble. Was I just imagining this? Did my memory create it at some point? I was always convinced that was it, she died in there, but now I'm left wondering because what I thought killed her (the structure falling on her) didn't actually happen?

Am I taking crazy pills?

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Schala's Last Scene, Memory Corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
You may be thinking of the bad ending, where rubble is falling in the facility that's monitoring the disaster. The scene fades to black with several large pieces looming over the director's head, falling in slow motion.

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:52:28 pm »
See, in my corrupted memory it looked a lot like that. But I was sure it happened to Schala too...

ERROR! FILE NOT FOUND!

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:56:51 am »
There wasn't visible rubble, but it's not strange to think she could/should have died, since she was in the same room as the Mammon Machine and it was pretty banged up after that scene.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:52:36 pm »
...or even drowned before Ocean Palace rises up (i had this theory before knowing about Chrono Cross).
BTW i love you fanarts maggie, nice to meet you here /OFF