Author Topic: Black Omen's Appearance  (Read 899 times)

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Black Omen's Appearance
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:58:41 am »
Waiiiit a second.

What did Crono and co. change that caused the Black Omen to appear in the new timeline?

The disaster happened in the old timeline. Zeal fell when Lavos blombarded it, everyone was sucked into the time gates...

I mean, did the Ocean Palace just sit there in the ocean for all that time instead of floating? And even if it did, the question remains: why?

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Black Omen's Appearance
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:53:06 am »
In the Chrono timeline, Schala uses the last of her pendant's power to send your party to safety, meaning she and her mother get left behind. Queen Zeal then activates the Black Omen.

I assume in the original timeline, Schala used that power to rescue herself and her mother, meaning the queen didn't get the chance to activate the Black Omen.

(That's also my theory as to how the pendant eventually ended up in the Guardia dynasty's possession instead of lying at the bottom of the ocean; Schala lived out the rest of her days peacefully in the original timeline.)

This is just speculation on my part. I don't think there's anything in the game to confirm it, but as far as I know, there's nothing to contradict it either.

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Black Omen's Appearance
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:38:48 pm »
Hmmm, not a bad theory...

The one thing, though, is I suspect Zeal and Schala's fates were always darker than that. But, maybe not..?

How tragic it would be that to save the world from Lavos, time had to be changed in order to doom Schala, and even Queen Zeal.