Author Topic: Magus/Masamune connection  (Read 1044 times)

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Magus/Masamune connection
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:52:16 am »
I think that Janus could have been intended to be the original "wielder" of the Masamune. It makes sense given that Schala had Doreen, that their respective brothers would be meant for each other, too. When he was approaching Schala et al in the original timeline flashback, he could have had the red knife (essentially taking Crono's place), or Melchior decided last minute not to put that responsibility on him.

This also makes the moral ambiguity of the Masamune in RD and CC make a little more sense, imo.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Magus/Masamune connection
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:14:02 am »
Doreen represented the Pendant, which originally belonged to Schala. Masa & Mune represent the Masamune of course. Both of these artifacts are made of Dreamstone.

There seems to be some kind of connection, since Magus is vulnerable to the Masamune. Janus wielding the Red Knife kind of makes sense.

As an aside, I think Grandleon is a better name for the sword. It sounds western/medieval, and it's a western-style broadsword, not a katana as the name Masamune suggests.

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:58:58 pm »
Ohh this reminds me of that Magus' sprite with the red scythe, when he reveals he's the prophet. Could mean nothing, but still.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »
Ohh this reminds me of that Magus' sprite with the red scythe, when he reveals he's the prophet. Could mean nothing, but still.

Huh. That could have been a nod to the original idea if true. Nice catch.

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:34:28 pm »
Can someone explain where it was made clear that Doreen represented/was/whatever Schala's pendant?