Author Topic: Chrono Compendium... Is the end near?  (Read 11042 times)

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium... Is the end near?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 07:42:29 pm »
OH awesome another person whos heard of Strawberry Panic? Anyway, thanks it helps a lot. No reviews for that one story and its been up for over a year, sort of a let down, but hopefully someone else read it. theres a great story of those, i can link ya on ff.net later.

the mistranslation line was a joke. when they made chrono trigger for america, the translator guy wasnt given enough time to translate so they say he watned like 3 months and gave him one. so the translation of Chrono Trigger isnt perfect, some stuff was left out or modified. There was a reference to Marle teasing Lucca about how attractive Ayla was, which didnt translate in the original 95 release.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 08:00:48 pm »
I'm a bit of a yuri fan (in that roughly 90% of my entertainment in any given day involves something that is either explicitly or vaguely yuri), so of course I had to pick up the Strawberry Panic Complete Novel Collection (Which is actually complete, unlike Girl Friends: The Complete Collection, or Orange: The You Keep Using That Word. I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means Collection).

I hadn't heard of this particular line, but I'd like to know more.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 10:31:14 pm »
It's  the end if someone sold the site to someone else. Never leave behind a creation as the fandom helped make the site it is today.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2019, 02:01:06 am »
yeah i think the main moderator is being a jerk just cause he doesn't like me. they banned me without telling me why and i harassed the crap out of the forum for like 3 years until they let me back on. but the admin logs in less than once a year, so i said sell me the forum and he actually said he would rather let it die than let me moderate or sell it to me cause "i made my decision". talk about cutting off your nose in spite of your face.

and you got that backwards, the girlfriends omnibus of the manga is complete. the SP! collection (manga and light novels) is incomplete cause the author got sick and never fully finished it. thankfully they made the anime which was good

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 04:18:21 am »
Girlfriends is complete, but the omnibus is split into two "Complete" editions, which is what I was making fun of. If you've got two volumes, neither is complete. :P

Strawberry Panic's manga is incomplete, but the light novels are complete, and the complete novel collection has all three in it.