Author Topic: CT:Genesis of Time plot  (Read 1779 times)

DreamDeveloper

• Iokan (+1)
  • Chrono Trigger: Genesis of Time developer
    • View Profile
CT:Genesis of Time plot
« on: July 03, 2017, 11:39:51 am »
No spoilers, as this is just a primer. Don't worry, it will leave you on a cliffhanger so you have to play the game.   :?

THE PLOT (outline)
Backstory between Chrono Trigger, Cross, and Genesis of Time
The reason Chrono Cross was nothing like Chrono Trigger was because it was a computer simulation by a mad scientist named Edward Covelwell in 2302 AD. The creatures were left to develop their own civilization on a randomly generated series of islands called El Nido. Somehow, this computer was able to detect some events that actually happened in the world and integrate them into the simulation.
The party gets back together, uses the Cross simulation as help to alter the Dream Devourer, and discovers a greater evil.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
Re: CT:Genesis of Time plot
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:41:55 am »
Alright you've sparked some interest. What is the significance of 2302AD?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:08:57 am »
I'm not sure how I feel about the entire Cross timeline being relegated to "a computer simulation." I mean, Chrono Cross was night and day different from Chrono Trigger, but I believe a large part of that was intentional -- Crono and company, although they had good intentions, created a whole new set of problems by creating the positive future. Part of that means an insanely wild tangent, El Nido and all the events therein, were a direct result of the time traveling from the first game. It's all Balthasar's fault! :)

I'm guessing your angle is the same to that of Star Ocean 3 (in which the whole world is a computer simulation and thus an artificial construct, and yet the realism of the simulations renders everyone real and thus they have souls, yada yada yada)...?

So what events would be real that were integrated into the program, and what would be false?

ThatGuy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:58:41 am »
I dunno, anything that doesn't have Lucca dying in a fire is fine by me...