Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Android differences  (Read 1764 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Android differences
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:14:54 pm »
Finally bought myself CT on the android and I noticed a few differences the Android has that the DS version and older versions do not. The first being its definitely a different translation from Woolsey's and the DS. Different font too. Also Crono has a different overworld sprite. Did we know this?

(left all versions besides Android, right, android).

Im not every far in the game so i'll look for more differences along the way. I'll also try to get those overworld sprites. I'm assuming its not only Crono who's had a change.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Android differences
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »
I hunted down a prior observation of the sprite difference.
Chrono Trigger just released on the Apple App Store today. Possibly with new/tweaked overworld sprites? They didn't look like this in the DS version, did they?

What are these translation differences you're seeing? I thought it was mostly the same as the DS translation, just with references to the controls changed. I've never played the mobile versions, but there was once a dump of the iOS version, so I got a look at things like the different language scripts.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Android differences
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:13:47 pm »
Huh. I could have sworn the translation was different but I started a new game on the android and DS and played them side by side and the translation is identical. Guess I don't know the DS translation as well as I thought I did.

Well darn, thought I discovered something new! Well i'll still look for other changes as I go. Now i'm not so sure my memory can be trusted though! ;)

I will try to get those overworld sprites. I don't exactly fancy ripping them and there shouldn't be more then 12 per character so I might just try to screenshot all 12 frames and clear out the background.