Author Topic: No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)  (Read 292 times)

Scintillating_Void

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I don't know.
    • View Profile
No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »
This is a fanfic I made some time ago addressing the idea of Magus using the Chrono Trigger to save Schala.  I always wondered about that being an option and a potential divergent storyline with some interesting possibilities.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8653393/chapters/19844563

skylark

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:39:27 pm »
I know it's is a little too late in replying to this, but I loved this story. I dig redemption arcs, and you made Magus' one to remember. I especially liked your 'Take That!' towards Chrono Cross. It makes me wonder how your version of Schala would react to seeing Kid.

Great work, and I hope you can do more in the future. Exceptional fanfiction authors are hard to find.

PrincessNadia78

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • "...somehow I knew you'd come for me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:06 pm »
I'm glad you responded Skylark as that prompted me to read it as well. I really enjoyed reading this! I'm usually on here while I'm at work and I didn't leave until I was done reading. LOL Well done!!

Captain B

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
I read this as well, and I have to say I like it. I've always been a fan of sappier fanfiction (which this is not) but find it hard nowadays not to cringe at, and this managed to offer a lot of that sweetness while actually being a good read.

Schala's return has often flown in the face of something I think she served to demonstrate in the game: That you can't save everyone, and there's always a price to pay. I feel like this work demonstrates that, while still combatting the idea with Chrono Trigger's more positive half - dreams and determination. Hell, it runs on that, and the ending I think reflects that perfectly.