Author Topic: No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)  (Read 2362 times)

Scintillating_Void

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I don't know.
    • View Profile
No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »
This is a fanfic I made some time ago addressing the idea of Magus using the Chrono Trigger to save Schala.  I always wondered about that being an option and a potential divergent storyline with some interesting possibilities.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8653393/chapters/19844563

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
Re: No More, No Less-(about Magus using the Time Egg to save Schala)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:39:27 pm »
I know it's is a little too late in replying to this, but I loved this story. I dig redemption arcs, and you made Magus' one to remember. I especially liked your 'Take That!' towards Chrono Cross. It makes me wonder how your version of Schala would react to seeing Kid.

Great work, and I hope you can do more in the future. Exceptional fanfiction authors are hard to find.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:06 pm »
I'm glad you responded Skylark as that prompted me to read it as well. I really enjoyed reading this! I'm usually on here while I'm at work and I didn't leave until I was done reading. LOL Well done!!

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
I read this as well, and I have to say I like it. I've always been a fan of sappier fanfiction (which this is not) but find it hard nowadays not to cringe at, and this managed to offer a lot of that sweetness while actually being a good read.

Schala's return has often flown in the face of something I think she served to demonstrate in the game: That you can't save everyone, and there's always a price to pay. I feel like this work demonstrates that, while still combatting the idea with Chrono Trigger's more positive half - dreams and determination. Hell, it runs on that, and the ending I think reflects that perfectly.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:40:59 pm »
Nice work. I like the overall feel of the story. Your writing style is not my forte, but that's my problem, not yours.

Based on this story you can really feel Magus' love for........ tea. Damn he really seems to love a good steeper!

Nice work though.