Author Topic: Chrono Cuts Music Project Update  (Read 2090 times)

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Visit Jazz Paladin Productions on Facebook!
    • View Profile
Chrono Cuts Music Project Update
« on: February 03, 2017, 02:20:03 am »
So with 2017 here, I've now just wrapped up my 3rd VGM cover album, and am going to now be fully dedicated to producing about 80 Chrono Trigger / Cross tunes!

While I've talked about a CD release previously, the cost for licensing such a cast number of tunes will be huge, so I've decided that for now I am going release the tracks via Spotify, Itunes, other digital platforms in bundles. I am going to try to work "chrono-logically" (get it?) so that the songs are done in the original order of the actual soundtrack release.

The first group of songs will likely be:
A Premonition
Chrono Trigger Theme
Morning Glow
Peaceful Days
1000 AD overworld theme (I can't remember the name now, sorry)
Guardia's Millenial Fair
Gato's Song
Mysterious Portal

I'll try to have a demo out as soon as I can, I'm working on Peaceful Days at the moment with a lovely jazz cello part, and it's going to be sweet!

In the meantime, I invite you to check out my other releases on Spotify, iTunes, or even my CD's (on Cdbaby or Amazon) , and especially check out the newest Soul Blazer tribute I did, as it is highly representative of the era of 16 bit gaming's finest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFem5z7ldNQ

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cuts Music Project Update
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »
Jazz! Glad to see you're still working on this! I'm definitely looking forward to it all.

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:07:40 pm »
Oh, no way I'm forgetting about this! Just have to find a way to make time for such a massive undertaking, take notes, and getting a mental picture of what I envision each song to sound like!

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »
So...just curious,  are people more "purists" with Chrono songs (stay as true to the original as possible), or more fond of new interpretations?

Was just messing with Morning Glow this morning, and it was originally a pretty short song. Not sure if I should try to keep it short and in the spirit of the game...

...or to extend it a bit...which I am sure I can do easily and without making it boring.

I did something similar with Gato's song a few years ago, but just curious. In any case, I know I'll be "extending" a few other songs (Strange Occurances, for example), so it's not like I won't be taking any creative steps, but it would be nice to know what direction people like me to lean in favor of sometimes.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 01:22:57 pm »
I wish I had been more active when this was posted. I am sad I missed this.