Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Inquiries/Review  (Read 17261 times)

Hunter X

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Inquiries/Review
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 05:21:39 pm »
I guess that is true, but you would think that at least one person would see a giant tick pop out of the ground and live to tell about it or at least feel the earthquake he would cause by doing so. Seeing how the earthquake would be quite massive, so you would think it would go down in history somewhere, but you very well could be right.

Empiric

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 07:37:00 am »
at least one person would see a giant tick pop out of the ground and live to tell about it or at least feel the earthquake he would cause by doing so

That is, why did he just go back to sleep? He didn't after Queen Zeal awakened him in 12,000 B.C. So why is it that no one in Guardia seems to have even heard of Lavos?

I dont think the Lavos Summoning ritual was meant to 'draw' Lavos out of the ground, considering Magus was playing with Time/Space during the ritual (I say that because there would be no reason for the gate explosion if he wasnt).  Instead, It would very likely be to gain direct access to the core or the shell without having Lavos notice his attempt.  It would be a lot easier to send someone to Lavos instead of moving the 'fat giant tick' back onto the surface.  In fact, I dont think Lavos even knew about the attempt in the new timeline.

The only other true summoning ritual I noticed in the game would be Dalton and the Golems.  Looking at that, Summonings would be gateways or portals that would allow creatures to step through.  

If this were true though, why would Magus need the gate that was created after the battle with Chrono to return to 12,000BC

Whatever this ritual was, Magus was spending a lot of time preparing it; and it had a high chance of failure it seems if even Magus could not keep it under control.  If this was indeed his first attempt at opening a gateway and 'summoning', perhaps he was either too weak to try again, or perhaps he did not have the time to try again.  Remember, he probably could guess that if Frog was alive, the group would probably still go after him and finish him off.

The question this would raise is how Magus knew about the portal appearing beneath the Tyranno Lair.  Now, thinking that Magus had enough time in Zeal to enact some major changes as the Prophet, Here are two theories.

1.)  Magus made the portal beneath the city and escaped before Lavos fell, knowing where that exact place would lead him when he made the portal.

2.)  Magus studied up on his history OR Janus knew about the 12,000 BC portal.  Either way, Magus could try and find the portal that leads back to the 12,000 BC portal.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 12:40:57 am »
Just noting some stuff

-I know of the chest next to the Innkeeper at 1000AD Truce Inn, which actually does react, unlike other normally inaccessible chests and things, and contains 57342G.

-Stay at San Dorino with Marle and Lucca in your party and you'll wake up with a Power Meal in your inventory if you don't have one already.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 03:26:30 pm »
It's a complimentary Power Meal! Be sure to tip the innkeeper :P

I noticed that the Keeper's Dome and Melchior's Hut are pretty near each other... Which could mean that Melchior and Belthasar were warped to the smae location, different time... But the Ocean Palace is nowhere near there, so :P

Empiric

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004, 10:13:14 pm »
You forget that while the Ocean Palace in proper is not exactly by those places, that the Black Omen, an extension of the Ocean Palace, almost floats directly above those places.  Not only that, but the Mammon Machine, the focus point from where those portals emerge, is on board the Dark Omen.  But this raises the question:  If everyone else was merely transported nearby, why did Janus end up on a completely different continent?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 10:31:01 pm »
That's also where Lavos erupts and Death Peak sits.

One of the problems with this is that I do not believe Melchior simply built a house where he landed. It's possible that he was gated to Medina, and that Belthasar was transported to the Proto Dome and decided to use the Keeper's Dome due to its functionality. This would be consistent with Janus's departure in that the victims are sort of routed to Entity Gates rather than being plopped at random. Recall that the party appears on Mystic Mountain after the summoning at Magus's Lair. Unfortunately, in the Lavos timeline, when these events first occurred, the Entity wouldn't have produced the Gates yet -- unless it is temporally omniscient, or planned for its salvation prior to 12,000 B.C. That, we may never know -- however...

Someone dig up a savestate of Magus's speech on the North Cape (ctf, I'm sure you have one, ha) and see if his flashback depicts the landing points of Melchior and Belthasar.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 11:23:14 pm »
Confirmed; Melchior comes in through Medina, and Belthasar through the Proto Dome. After reviewing the axioms, I've concluded that when Gaspar, Melchior, and Belthasar were removed from the normal time stream, the time changes undertaken by the planet (the creation of Gates) were instantly consolidated into history, meaning the gurus might have then been naturally routed through physics through the newly forged Gates. For Entity-activist theorists, perhaps Entity itself emplaced them in those eras.

Regardless, disregard what I mentioned in the last post.

Bleah, I've been identifying the planet with the Entity naturally. Sorry to those who believe otherwise; I'm not supposed to endorse any one thing over another.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 11:31:45 pm »
Quote from: Hunter X
I guess that is true, but you would think that at least one person would see a giant tick pop out of the ground and live to tell about it or at least feel the earthquake he would cause by doing so. Seeing how the earthquake would be quite massive, so you would think it would go down in history somewhere, but you very well could be right.

Someone at truce inn (1000 AD) say something about a "big one" coming.
It can be understod as big earthquake  or a big entity.
Maybe the science from 1000 already know that something is dweling in deep of the earth.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 03:29:47 pm »
Quote from: Swordmaster
Quote from: Hunter X

Someone at truce inn (1000 AD) say something about a "big one" coming.
It can be understod as big earthquake  or a big entity.
Maybe the science from 1000 already know that something is dweling in deep of the earth.

The problem with that is, if they knew something was dwelling in the earth, why dont you see any evidence that someone is trying to find it? It seems like basic human nature to find out...

Hm, maybe the Telepod was the first prototypes of a machine to teleport someone deep into the earth to find out? Of course, the Telepod does have 2 pods...

Maybe that could be a purpose of Singing Mountain, it may have been a cave in the earth that led to Lavos, that you used an imporved Telepod (after getting the Sun Stone, for power?) for...

Empiric

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 12:10:28 pm »
Before we get too caught onto the idea that the earthquakes in 1000 AD are caused by Lavos, I have an alternate theory.  What if the earthquakes are caused by the Sand Monster that is defeated to create Fiona's forest?  Could somebody check that one individuals statement after the Zombor look alike is destroyed?

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 04:13:57 pm »
"Remember the Earthquake we just had?"
"Yes"
"We've been having too many. I hope the "Big One" isnt coming!"

Hm, perhaps Lavos has been shaking as he is waking up (maybe it takes him awhile to get up through the earth enough?)

But the earthquakes could just be an excuse for why the world map is so different in 1,000 AD than 600 AD.. And are a completely natural phenomena..

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2004, 01:30:42 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Confirmed; Melchior comes in through Medina, and Belthasar through the Proto Dome. After reviewing the axioms, I've concluded that when Gaspar, Melchior, and Belthasar were removed from the normal time stream, the time changes undertaken by the planet (the creation of Gates) were instantly consolidated into history, meaning the gurus might have then been naturally routed through physics through the newly forged Gates. For Entity-activist theorists, perhaps Entity itself emplaced them in those eras.

Regardless, disregard what I mentioned in the last post.

Bleah, I've been identifying the planet with the Entity naturally. Sorry to those who believe otherwise; I'm not supposed to endorse any one thing over another.

ZeaLitY!  I beg to differ!  Watch the scene again.  Belthasar emerges from the Bangar Dome gate, not the Proto Dome gate, I'm pretty sure.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 09:39:00 am »
Hm, I doubt Belthasar could build an entire dome himself... Perhaps a town eventually grew around Melchior's Hut area, and so it gained a dome, but no one in it survived the day of Lavos...

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2004, 01:35:42 pm »
Quote from: Epsilon
Hm, I doubt Belthasar could build an entire dome himself... Perhaps a town eventually grew around Melchior's Hut area, and so it gained a dome, but no one in it survived the day of Lavos...

Now that's an idea.  As for why it was called Keeper's Dome, maybe Melchior, due to his Guru/Wise Man status, gained some sort of honorary "Keeper" status over the years, perhaps even posthumously.  Or maybe it was just changed to Keeper's Dome after Belthasar got to it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2004, 03:44:59 pm »
Eh, crap. They all look alike :)

Imagine Belthasar having to race Jonny over Lab 32.