Author Topic: Thread for a Proposal for a new Fan Game. Chrono Trigger II: The Battle for Time  (Read 15096 times)

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I have been considering an idea for a new fan game for chrono trigger. I am a complete doofus at programming however I am presenting this idea in case someone decides to use it for a fan game. The idea incorporates elements from Chrono Cross and modified ideas from other fangames Such as Chrono Alter, Prelude to a Dream and the abortive Chrono Crisis Project. The Plot ideas are also taken from several RPGmaker and other fan-made games as well as ideas that were inspired by other video games and even from movie plots. Although many ideas have been changed.

Here we Go:

Proposed Time Periods
11975 BC
7600 BC
1 AD
1025 AD
1600 AD
1999 AD
2325 AD
End of Time
Dimensional Vortex
2100 AD (Lavos Timeline)
Darkness Beyond Time.
Prehistory and the Middle ages periods may or may not appear in the story: I just haven't figured out how to advance a plot for those eras as their main plots had played out by the time you finish Chrono Trigger.

Proposed Main Characters so Far:
Xavier Ashtear (1999 AD)
Matison Embree (1999 AD)
Celia Guardia (1999 AD)
Queen Nadia/Marle (1025 AD)
Zack Squall (1600 AD)
Princess Aurora (1600 AD)
Paul Debrune (7600 BC)
Janus/Magus (11975 BC)
Lancelot of Medina (1 AD)
Ishtar Aquilea (2325 Ad/Originally 12000 BC)
Schala (11975 BC)

Proposed Villains so Far:
Kain Highwind (1600 AD)
General Viper (1025 AD)
Dalton (11975 BC)
The Emperor (7600 BC)
General Havoc (7600 BC)
Sorceress Asteria (7600 BC)
The Exarch (1 AD)
King Zeal (Darkness Beyond Time)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:06:35 am by CH86 »

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Are youre think these charates roles? Marle, Aurora and Schala (in my opinion was healers... and
Aurora was more melee? )
And... Magus was wery strong at Magic...
Why not stat bonus when Magus/ Schala was activity party?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
I'm gonna propose you use a different name for Zack Squall. It's too Final Fantasy-inspired (Zack Fair from FFVII and Squall Leonhart from FFVIII). Just a thought.

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I'm gonna propose you use a different name for Zack Squall. It's too Final Fantasy-inspired (Zack Fair from FFVII and Squall Leonhart from FFVIII). Just a thought.

I know, but it was the only good name I could come up with so far. Zack Squall is not the only character that is taken directly from games or other plots. Paul Debrune is a deliberate corruption of the name of a major character from a popular movie that came out last year. In fact a sizable chunk of the plot for 7600 BC is largely copied directly from said movie as well as inspirations from elements of FF6 and FF4. Another proposed character from 7600 BC is Biggs who would be an imperial soldier who surrenders to the allies and switches sides after being appalled by the atrocities committed by the empire.

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Here is some proposed location info for this idea.

Proposed Time Periods:

1999 AD: This period should be roughly the same as in the Chrono Crisis. In the original timeline this is the era that lavos destroys; however now that lavos is defeated this period has a new destiny of being a new hope. However one Boy is having terrible nightmares of a coming confrontation. It may be in order to save the planet and possibly existence itself a hero must be called from those who the heroes of time saved when they fought lavos. This is where the plot of the game starts.

Locations:
Xaviers House
Truce City
Arris City
Lab 16
Lab 32
Guardia Castle World Historical Site
Trann City
Porre City
Medina City
Factory
Proto City
Geno Factory Complex
Choras City
Moonstone Research Station

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
1025 AD: A quarter century after the main grouping of the heroes of time were called forth from this era, this era has changed greatly for better or worse. Guardia, formerly the paramount power of the world has been defeated and made a vassal of its long-time subordinate and rival, Porre. Guardia, defeated is rebuilding under King Chrono and Queen Nadia and trying to reestablish a modicum of propsperity with an eye toward eventually Rebuilding their forces to overthrow the porre hegemony. Porre, which is now the paramount power of the world is now seeking to stabilize the results of its victory under the leadership of Lord Protector Montcrief.  A tenuous peace a descended after the war however a new power seeks to take advantage of its own in this period of stasis. The Accaia dragoons led by General Viper has unified the disparate tribes of the Islands of el nido into the Accaia empire and has Launched a campaign of raids and pillaging attacks on coastal regions throughout the world, This world may soon be plunged into another major war.

Locations:
Truce Town
Guardia Castle
Memorial Cathedral
New Dorino
Denadoro mountains
Porre City
Porre Imperial Citadel
Medina Town
Choras Town
El Nido
El Nido Locations:
Termina
Viper Manor
Fort Dragonia

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
More Location Ideas as well as a eventual general plot idea overview will be posted sometime in the near future. However This post more pertains to ideas for the proposed major Villains and Big Bads of the proposed fan Game idea as well as ideas for proposed heroes and major npcs.

My current idea for the main villain plot would be similar to Crimson Echoes in which King Zeal is plotting from the darkness beyond time to gain control of the timestream and rebuild zeal. As in Crimson Echoes he untilizes as tools other villains from various time periods. Also Dalton as in CE is part of this plot and is battling magus in the post-zeal time period with this battle being used as a feint in some part for King Zeals main activities. This villain arc would be resolved by the defeat of First dalton and At the end of the Game King Zeal as in CE.

Another villain arc would be Asteria's Arc which would take up at about 1/4 to 1/3 of the game. This would take place entirely in 7600 BC and would be this games Equivalent of 12000 BC storywise in the original Chrono Trigger. Like 12000 BC you first arrive in 7600 BC pretty Much By accident Unlike CTs 12000 BC, asterias arc would be basically separate from the main plot and would have only tenous connection to the main plot. 7600 Bc's plot would be inspired by FF4, FF6, Star wars and star wars: the force awakens: This is because the idea of magic uses surviving even after the fall of zeal but in a gradually declining state as well as the idea of a "Magitek War" after which humans cease being able to use magic some point afterwards does appeal to me. Although I mention magitek the idea would be somewhat different from FF6's magitek but would have similarity with I am Setsunas idea of monsters being harvested for parts. Regarding the Magitek War it would involve an empire vs a coalition of kingdom and city-states however the two sides (unlike FF6 but more like FF4 and Star Wars) would be more evenly matched. Further partial elaboration of 7600 BC is previously posted on the time crash thread at Kajor Laboratories.

In Regards to Proposed Heroes Magus plays an important role in this game idea. Regarding the Character Ishtar Aquilea she would be a character who joins you when you visit chronopolis in the Future and know your standard white and black magic as well as limited holy spells (one of the few known spellcasters who has been discovered to have an affinity to holy magic (although Schala is another who does) her learning of this magic was cut short by the fall of zeal which is why her knowledge of these spells is limited. She is eventually discovered by Balthasar after the defeat of Lavos and joins him at Chronopolis). I'm Currently leaning toward having Ishtar play a role in resolving the Asteria arc as the game progresses.

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I'm Thinking of reviving this thread, please submit plot ideas if you show interest in the concepts outlined here. I'll probably start posting new conceptual ideas here very soon.

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A History Of the Mystics (Part 1):

The Mystics During the fall of zeal and Aftermath (12000 BC-11975 BC)

The fiends first appeared as a race during the Long Ice age. What initially distinguished them was their brutish Nature and conditional and also their Rudimentary ability to use magic. The Kings of Zeal saw the use that a sentient, magic using but brutish race could be to the then dominant enlightened ones. Zealians tended to look down primarily on the non-magic using earthbound ones, they also saw a need to displace the criminal element from their kingdom. As a result the kings of zeal constructed the floating prison Island of Mt. Woe: Here the enlightened ones utilized mystics as guards and overseers of the exiles sent there. Zealians also conducted experiments on fiends in order to analyzes the origin of some mystics ability to use magic. Many More Humanoid Mystics, known as demihumans were also employed in the Zealian Armies. After the fall of zeal surviving demihumans tended to gravitate to dalton's forces. in  After the fall of zeal some mystics survived, however mystic survivers tended to stay clear of the Humans and therefore tended to avoid such settlements such as the last village and later settlements such as new algetty that were founded after more survivors were found and more landmasses emerged from the oceans. Instead most mystics fled to the most remote island regions such as the sun keep. When the Northeast continent gradually emerged from the waves it became the headquarters of daltons forces in their struggle to subjugate the new villages, after Dalton's final defeat the remnants of his forces including golems, thrashers and mages, fled into the forests where they linked up with the mystic survivors left over from mt. woe and other places, these groups would gradually merge in the centuries after 11975 BC.

Next: The history of the Mystics in the post-zeal era and Magitek era up to the outbreak of the great Magitek war. (11975 BC-7650 BC)

Map Thread would probably be started first.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:13:15 pm by CH86 »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
OOoh, Interesting.

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Schala and Janus and the Mystics:

Both Schala and Janus (or versions of them) play significant roles in the history of the Mystic Race. As Magus, Janus would become the greatest Hero of the Mystics leading them in battle against their Human enemies in one time Period. However in Another Era; Schala, as Asteria would through her actions become etched in the Mystic conception of the world as the embodiment of evil within Humans, which bitter fruit would reverberate through many millennia. The Great Magitek war which would be known by Mystics as the great war of resistance, against the Empire and its allies; the harvesters of cloud carpet (A floating Human Trading city off the coast of the mystic continent whose power is derived from the air crystal (one of the eight elemental crystals left over from before the zealians used the sun stone to power their kingdom and before the fall of zeal) but whose leaders have been able to buy off asteria (although she will eventually turn on them to get the crystal) by providing kidnapped mystics who would be shipped to the empire (specifically the imperial capital of babel) to be processed in the factories of Babel into synthetic Magicite). The Mystic battle against the imperials would ultimately form one front of several fronts in the eventual global campaign against Asteria's empire. The Mystic Idea of Humans who would eat the very bodies of mystics/fiends, which in a much later era would be used as propaganda for war by Ozzie to recruit the mystic armies of the Human-Mystic war of 600 Ad; in fact owes its origins to this era and the great Magitek war.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:34:03 pm by CH86 »

CH86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
World descriptions for 11975 BC, 7600 BC, and 1AD coming next. Request for Map makers afterwards.

Continuation of the History of the Mystics idea will follow afterwards.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
I got your PM; I'm not sure who would want to develop maps for this project. You'd have to post a recruitment thread or something here and/or maybe over at ROMhacking.net?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
I wouldn't post anything on RHDN unless you have visual proof of your work. If everything is just concept and ideas, you won't get anywhere and your topic will be locked and/or removed probably.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
If you draw in paint a really really bad drawing of what you want and send it to me in a pm, I'll make a decent map out of it in TF. I'm bad at conceptualizing maps, but if i have a rough outline (and it can be rough) I'll do the rest.