Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving for Those in the States  (Read 1589 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving for Those in the States
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:34:37 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!

I was on a hike yesterday and I was thinking... Before the internet, places like this didn't exist. One couldn't connect with other members of fandom unless they were quite literally in the same town/school/etc. There was no internet, no way for fandom members to easily find each other. Then, the internet came.

I'd like to give a hearty "thank you!" to Zeality and Ramsus for creating and maintaining this forum for us (don't forget that Ramsus pays out of pocket for the server/website hosting).

That being said...

Wherever you are in life, whether in the United States or not, you rock. Stay strong, be excellent to each other and treat everyone with kindness and respect. Keep rocking that love for Chrono Trigger. Perhaps one day Square Enix will remember just how amazing the fandom is for this gem.

Specifically for those here celebrating Thanksgiving with me, be thankful. Be thankful for democracy and freedom, even if it is currently challenged (at the end of the day, we could have it so much worse). Be thankful for science and medicine and the advancements that have only been made because of the human spirit and tenacity. Be thankful for those willing to be pioneers, whether that is literal, or with technology, or with concepts of the future (self-driving cars are going to shake our culture to the car once they are truly here!). Be thankful that we can actually have entertainment avenues like Chrono Trigger.

Always fight for what is true, what is right. Never settle. Keep the Springtime of Youth alive.

Cheers!

EDIT: A typo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:37:25 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving for Those in the States
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:10:39 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :)

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving for Those in the States
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:36:17 am »
I'm late to this thread, but same to you.

The internet has always been my outlet. If I had a do-over, I probably would've contributed more to this site, but at least I've done a few things (like philosophize in enhasa, and put together the stalled tarot deck).

Chrono Trigger is all about creativity, fun, and overcoming the odds through sheer willpower. even if the franchise has been mostly abandoned, we would do well to remember what it taught us.

cheers.