Author Topic: God, I Miss This Place  (Read 20369 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: God, I Miss This Place
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 06:20:54 am »
Also, if that does pique your interest, look in the Dayton, Ohio area. Much lower relative cost of living with lots of jobs in the security industry. That way you won't get stuck somewhere expensive like me.

Random Factor

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 05:01:42 pm »
I remember when Ramsus commended me on asking questions of one of the decisions made by the administrative team, one of the few places I've been in my life where that's actually happened. I've been kicked out of a lot of other places in between now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ProEFvXvW6c

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 05:34:06 am »
I decided to give that a try. Four done so far, the next involve encryption.

Cherenkov

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 01:01:43 pm »
マウロン先輩、私に気付いて!(笑 :wink:

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 08:27:00 pm »
I just joined here and as I've been reading through the topics it makes me sad on how much I've missed. I absolutely love CT, I would have loved to be here when everyone was really active. :( I don't have kids, but I do have a job and that takes up too much time. (Ha ha!!) I would love to try my hand at some fan art sometime as I am an artist after all! I moved to Florida from Wisconsin and most of my stuff (including all my art supplies) is stored up there so maybe once I get it all done here I'll work on that.... this board in general is making me feel nostalgic, and sad since there will probably never be another Chrono game... :(

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 08:37:07 pm »
*add to previous post*

You know what else is up there? My SNES and my Playstation with CT and CC! :( At least I have my DS here but that doesn't help with CC!! :((

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2018, 12:40:21 am »
This forum, this community, and the time I spent in it, will always hold a special place in my heart. I've never seen a fan community like this one, before or since. And though I very rarely check in any more, I hope you're all doing well, wherever life has taken you.

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2018, 02:58:03 pm »
Regardless of how late you join the game, it's always great to see there's still new people interested enough to continue the conversations. Welcome!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2018, 03:40:12 pm »
Thank you! I am happy to be here, it's awesome to connect with fellow Chrono lovers. Hubby and I are both gamers (we met in Game of War ha ha!) but I'm not sure if even he gets my obsession with the Chrono series.  :o :o :o

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2018, 02:10:38 am »
I'm the same way -- none of my peers in the real world understands my obsession with Chrono Trigger. Sometimes even I don't understand it, hahaha...

Chrono Trigger was my first RPG. I had two best friends growing up, and they were both playing it before I was and I remember one of them trying to describe it to me in a car on the way to a baseball game. He was specifically describing the domes of 2300AD and killer robots and all I could picture was a Mega Man-esque sidescroller with some Legend of Zelda II elements.

It sounded rad, so I begged my mom to rent it from the local Giant Eagle supermarket (which also rented movies and video games). She did, and I spent an entire night exploring 1000AD, before traveling to 600AD.

I've been in love with the game ever since.

My friends quickly moved on, and they never understood why I couldn't. I don't talk to them much anymore, but I saw one of them last year at a funeral. I told him I was still obsessed with Chrono Trigger -- 22 years later -- and all he could do was shake his head and laugh.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2018, 02:39:59 am »
Chrono Trigger was my second RPG, after Super Mario RPG.

I'm still slowly working on the process of making everything in the game editable, and fully documenting the code.

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 05:45:56 pm »
Chrono Trigger was my first RPG too. Super Mario RPG was actually my second. My best friend in high school and I used to stay up all night playing it, although back then, we never got beyond 65,000,000,000 BC. Then one of my close internet friends had known how much I loved Chrono Trigger sent me a Playstation with that version of Chrono Trigger. It was with that version that I beat it for the first time and I still have that copy of Chrono Trigger and the Playstation. My friend in high school that I used to play with isn't even into video games anymore. That makes me sad, because video games are awesome!

I wish I could help with the code but I have no idea how to do that. I learned some coding in college, but you guys are waaaaay more advanced than I am!!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 05:59:44 pm »
I spent years trying to time my hits in RPGs thanks to Super Mario RPG.

I doubt you learned any kind of assembly in college, which is necessary for any documenting in Chrono Trigger. I'll get there eventually!

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 02:22:45 pm »
Oh yeah, I can see that! LOL

You are correct on that. I did used to do my own HTML coding back when I did Xanga. Not the same, but I learned a lot for sure!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 02:44:26 pm »
Especially with confirmation bias fun: Oh, it worked that time!

I remember Xanga. I don't know exactly what they did, but it was probably a lot of fun with <font>, <marquee>, and <blink>.