Author Topic: Chrono Trigger expansion project  (Read 4116 times)

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger expansion project
« on: August 10, 2016, 09:35:42 am »
This project started out with just me tweaking things to my preferences ( cheaper fair games, spekkio changing forms when beaten, etc) but now it's evolved into a bigger project.

What's happening now is I'm adding in as much unused content as I can and allowing exploration of all areas here's a video sample of my work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UhVgr_WrsE

As you can see I need the pyramid base tiles added to the mountain of woe tileset, also somehow in trying to make a ferry to Choras vortex pt now just locks up the game.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger expansion project
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:09:50 pm »
Another nu feature is well on its way there is now a ferry going to Choras thanks to Mauron for explaining how overworld events work ( actually how everything in this game works) so go grab that speed tab early cause Toma don't need it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4TKRNXKAGk

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:12:10 pm »
Right now I've got a major bug, Mauron is taking a look at it for me, hopefully I won't have to start over (it was unnoticed for long enough it's in all my backups) but the good news is my work in Zeal is done with all continents accessible with new events.

The ferry uses a round trip workaround that I may change later but for now it's perfectly usable and acceptable.

If my rom can be salvaged I'm going to continue on playable 1999. So far the map solidity is done and I have an interior tileset as well as planned events.

If I have maps left over I will take suggestions for 65000000 BC and 2300ad dungeons.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:06:52 pm »
So did end up having to start my work over, but it's all back to where it was plus new progress on the expanded areas.

Zeal is finished with new events that show off Maurons code that allows you to permanently learn triple techs without equipping rocks.

1999 is underway though I'd like permission to use some of the maps from CE since they're better than mine, the ferry to Choras is good, and I even added a room for Chrono's mom. And no bugs yet, here's the new video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty7GEplzcbs

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »
1999 world map done, mostly under the hood stuff now assigning event scripts creating palettes, fixing bugs, singing mountain is started, and a coliseum dungeon in 2300 ad is planned. I have room for 12 new locations as of right now

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Chrono Source (CT Prequel) Creator
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Source - A Chrono Trigger Prequel
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 09:26:17 am »
Looking good so far. Be careful not to post too much, as to not draw any attention from SE, as I assume this is a rom hack.

Looking forward to the final project. Will there be much in terms of storyline expansion?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 01:22:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply, not great at scripting events yet but some ideas are planned, singing mountain going to be the location of the original sun stone, it may or may not be the location of the first Mystics not even sure if it should be a dungeon or not.

The 2300 ad dungeon will most likely be Johnny's origin, a place with robots and mutants. It will definitely house the portal to 1999.

Zeal already is done, and it has some small scenes with Balthasar and Gaspar, as well as Spekkio.

Ideas are definitely welcome though so anything you got post it here.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »
I tried make Chrono Story ( at 001) at argade version... i canīt follow full game but, some thinks maybe... Although that takes time... a ineed at animation at all... or
Know how make sure that Crono use KATANAīs and Janus him... not at mix...

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 02:40:02 pm »
Sounds good.

As for ideas, I created the prequel, Chrono Source. I didn't have the patience to learn rom hacking so I did it through RPG maker, but it is a fully functional finished game. If you are able to incorporate anything from it, feel free:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Jnc0CPgLA&list=PL2mXbBEfGfOXX7WdMxTXrOCazRCodHogM

I'd love to see others' perspective on the CT storyline.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 10:37:29 am »
I liked the part where you had objects like the pendant on display that could be interacted with that could be fun to play with.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 12:04:50 pm »

try
Sounds good.

As for ideas, I created the prequel, Chrono Source. I didn't have the patience to learn rom hacking so I did it through RPG maker, but it is a fully functional finished game. If you are able to incorporate anything from it, feel free:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Jnc0CPgLA&list=PL2mXbBEfGfOXX7WdMxTXrOCazRCodHogM

I'd love to see others' perspective on the CT storyline.
Try to download it but,
Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
 :? so i donīt have spoiled, what i do???

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 11:51:42 am »
 :o :shock:
Oh my someone at look take time make at fangame... i look these grafics and i have say that them sees great... Anyway, that RTP install think little nervous, are my machine at too new at it or not?

chrono.source

• Architect of Kajar
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 02:48:45 pm »
Majority of browsers are just overly cautious about .exe files because they cannot scan within it.

I have had a lot of downloads for this without issue, you have nothing to worry about.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
Maybe i wasnīt clear, i donīt think i can install that RTP think...