Poll

Is this a good idea?

Yes
6 (60%)
No
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: August 23, 2005, 09:14:29 pm

Author Topic: My Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross game.  (Read 3612 times)

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
My Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross game.
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:14:29 pm »
Ok everyone, I was thinking about making a CT/CC game with my RPGMAKER2000. It would be the CT cast with CC characters getting involved in it. This is what I have so far (as far as the storyline goes).

Storyline: It is a dark time in Guardia. Porre has invaded and is killing all who apose it. The king of Guardia has called upon Crono, Lucca, and Janus (supposing he stayed in 1000a.d) to lead the attacks on Porre. They head to Porre, only to see a gruesome sight. Dark figures, looking strangely like the whole gang, have slaughtered the Porre army and the whole Porre kingdom. Who are these dark figures masquarading as Crono and company? Traveling through time and fighting destiny itself, Crono must destroy these creatures to redeem the peace Guardia once had.

Characters:

Hero
Crono: The lead character, called by the king to save Guardia from Porre.
Janus: A powerful sorcerer who travels with Crono.
Marle: Crono's wife and great father, seeks those who killed Porre with Janus and Crono.
Lucca: Crono's friend and inventor, also caled by the king to aid Crono.

Dark
Dark Lavos
Dark Crono
Dark Magus
Dark Marle
Dark Ayla
Dark Robo
Dark Glenn
Dark Lucca

Time frames:
2500ad
1008ad
600ad
12000bc
25000000000bc

Well, if anyone has any ideas, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll take all ideas. If by chance someone DEOS give me an idea, ithey will be mentioned my their FIRST and LAST names.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:21:47 pm »
Just some analities about the plot: One, Janus went to 12,000 to look for Schala. Two Lavos is already kinda dark >_> Three, the dark <Heros> idea has been done to death, and four, how is timetravel possible in your game?

Oh, and this should be in the fan projects section. I'd also like some information on the gameplay.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 09:38:20 pm »
I forgot some stuff, sorry. Janus has already found Schala because, Serge and co. have freed her and she is in 1000ad (more than likely she will show up in my game. And before you yell at me for screwing up the timelines, I'm sorry for messing with the timelines. I didn't want Crono to be to old.) and for the gameplay, sorry to say, but there will be random encounters (sometimes, most of the time I'll put stuff there to signafy fights) and, the chracters will not be seen in battle. The battle animation ionly shows the enemies getting hit. There will be maps, and a new chratcer I won't mention just yet. You will be able to have 4 people in your party instead of 3 (Lucca came up with an invention that allows 4 people to time travel) and you will have to switch from Team Crono and Team Serge. Team Crono is on Guardia and Team Serge is on El Nido Archipelago. I'll scrap the 'Dark' idea and just make it someone, or something else. Team Serge will NOT time travel, it will be more puzzles instead of traveling. You asked how they will be able to time travel? Simple. I'll just create time warps. Does that answer your questions?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 10:51:45 pm »
Sounds iffy, but ok, I guess...And I think the question about time traveling is why there would be gates again...Which I still don't really understand...But it seems like you don't have all of the plot completely tweaked anyways, so w/e...

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 10:59:11 pm »
OK, Lavos was SUPOSEDLY dead when Crono killed him and when Serge killed his ofspring (Time Devourer). But Crono didn't know abou the Lavos spawns in 1000ad. So the 2 Lavos spawns merged to become another Lavos, sending creatures worse than demons into the El Nido Archipelago and Guardia. As for the time traveling, who says Lucca hasn't made another machine that alows them to go through time again? Yes, I know Lucca died after she saved the world with Crono, but suppose she cloned herself? Besides, like you said, the plot isn't fully completed yet. I just made the chracter designs and first world map.

By the way, if anyone wants to try out one of the games I WAS creating, ask me and I'll e-mail it to you.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 11:12:04 pm »
1) Lavos is so dead it hurts and then it stops hurting because it no longer exists.
2) Crono & Co. killed all the Lavos spawns up on Death Peak in 1999...I don't see how there'd be any spawns before Lavos would erupt...much less after he's wiped from the face of existence...
3) Lavos sends demony creaters now? Why?
4) Lucca never created a time machine...
5) I think it's plausible that Lucca's alive now that stuff in CC is better...but maybe not, I forget how all of that works exactly...w/e...
6) What were your other games?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 11:21:27 pm »
1)Who says Lavos was wiped from existance? Plus, you never know, maybe there WERE Lavos spawns in 1000ad. 2)/3)Anyways, the Young Lavos is to weak to do anything yet, so he sends out the 'Demon Spawns', as we'll call them, to gather life cells for him to regain strength.4)During the time period between Fall of Lavos/Fall of TD Lucca probably made many things. Perhaps she made a time machine.5) More than likely Luccas existance came back(don't ask me how...) and she was thought not to be dead at all. You never know. 6) It's called Dungeon Tower: Crystals of Power. It's about a band that has weapons and are learning about Power Crystals and end up saving the world from power hungry demons. It may sound stupid but it's actualy quite fun.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:38:08 pm »
Azarath, check out another forum I'm a member at.  It's called Davideo7's Vizzed Board.  The owner there is seriously into RPG Maker and he and his crew will help you out quite a bit. :)  They don't know much about Chrono Trigger, but if you're just looking to make a casual Chrono game and not one that necessarily follows every theory and every law of Chrono time travel, their audience would probably be much more critical than those here who might tell you that you "screwed up the timelines." :)

EDIT: *LESS* critical!  Their audience would be LESS critical than those here who might tell you that you screwed up the timelines!!!

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:45:16 pm »
Ok, I'll check it out. Anyways, like I said, if anyone wants to give ideas or help me out, just say something.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 11:47:01 pm »
Whoops...see my edit above.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 11:50:56 pm »
lol...Anyways, I have the first few words spoken between Janus and Crono. If you want to hear them, ask. They are pretty in-depth for the first few sentences.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 11:52:04 pm »
Sure, why not?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 11:56:12 pm »
Ok, it starts out in Guardia plains where Crono, Janus, Marle and Schala are traveling to the castle.

Crono: Janus, what has become of this land?
Janus: Nothing but that that has happened...
Crono: Why has Porre chosen THIS land? Why is this land so vital to them?
Janus: I do not know Crono... Perhaps it is the fact that they know two Zealians remain here, or the fact that the Masamune resides in Guardia Castle.
Crono: Perhaps...perhaps...
Marle: Will you two hurry up?! We should have been there by know!

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 12:00:09 am »
A minor note...Magus/Janus never calls people by name unless it is absolutely necessary.  Just part of his personality. ;)

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:39 am »
Good thing I haven't put it in the game yet...I forgot what he calls Crono in CT.