Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Feedback Thread  (Read 5008 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 02:37:14 pm »
You can see Lucca's new portrait when you're walking around w/her in the castle before talking to Marle...

And you'd think Crono'd look a lil older & mature after 3 years...Not to mention an epochal journey and an apocolyptic battle...

I didn't see Marle's though...I totally pressed buttons after it turned black too! What a jip!

Oh yeah, and speaking of the statues, Legend of the Past also noted that Magus has no statue!?! Again, what a jip!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 02:40:10 pm »
You can see Lucca's new portrait when you're walking around w/her in the castle before talking to Marle...

And you'd think Crono'd look a lil older & mature after 3 years...Not to mention an epochal journey and an apocolyptic battle...

I didn't see Marle's though...I totally pressed buttons after it turned black too! What a jip!

Oh yeah, and speaking of the statues, Legend of the Past also noted that Magus has no statue!?! Again, what a jip!

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 03:57:20 pm »
Well, the thing is that Magus is an infamous murdering warlock.  So yeah, he probably isn't going to get a hero statue.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 04:11:28 pm »
The Mystics obviously trashed all statues of Magus they had so...

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 04:30:20 pm »
KICKASS! =D
The only major bugs where:

- you can get to 2300 AD by going to the bottom left of crono's house
- a LOT of tiles had the wrong priority(Zorder). They were on top of crono. Things like the tables etc
- the demo was too short
- when people "jump" they look really weird

But yeah, it rocks.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 06:32:55 pm »
Oo. I had Crono walk past a sign in the Vanguard, and the sign was ontop of his head when I walked past it Oo.

Also, I think that using that invisable barrier by the Guardia forest was a bit cheap, no offence. It should be like you can go into the forest to the castle, but the guard's will make an excuse like "We don't want to have you seated at an empty table right?" Or something.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 07:28:07 pm »
Guardia Forest should burn in hell. Saving event changes to that place has caused more problems than any other location. I tried putting a guard there, but it black screened; eventually we just cut out all the NPCs and said the hell with it.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 08:10:12 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Guardia Forest should burn in hell.

I wonder if we can do that with this version of TF...

Soyovar

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 02:44:13 pm »
I would suggest maybe a bit more explanation, a bit slower pace. Everything seemed to happen very quickly. Jumping across continents and whipping through time... It seemed sort of silly to me that the group decides to time travel after getting bombed.

All in all though, I love that you guys are doing this. Love it.

Froboy

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 04:26:20 pm »
This was brilliant to play, and thank you for a glimpse of your vision!

I'd like to see the quest items unsellable (red katana) though -- it could potentially ruin someone's experience.  Note:  I didn't try talking to whoever it was without it -- does it make a difference?

Also, is there a message thread either here or on acmlm's board that you can link me to for an idea of how you did the .spc edits?  They were superbly done, and I'd like to be able to play around with other games if that's a possibility.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 04:52:32 pm »
They did so with an editor designed for CT only called Temporal Flux.... I don't know if there's an editor for other games, though,

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 08:09:48 pm »
A) What version of TF did you use? I haven't managed to change instruments with TF 1.07.
B) The NPCs dialogues were very confusing.
C) The music is awful. Return to the original.
D) Where do you change the intro from?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 10:58:31 pm »
OoooOOOoooo...The first person not to like the new musics...

Oh yeah, and I'm not so sure if I'm hip to Norris' last name (although I'm one to talk, in my fanfic I give him the last name of Baker...>_>)...but w/e...I guess it could be step-brother? I don't think giving a last name is really necessary, but w/e...

Xenesis

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 07:58:56 am »
Comments:
The NPC dialogue isn't very helpful at times..especially at the very start when I forgot who I was supposed to deliver the items to and had to restart the game to find out. Also, the Kilwala in the Mystic village confused the hell out of me when I wanted to go back to Truce...because he said that the ferry was being fixed and I couldn't figure out that it was the other guy who I needed to talk to.

Glenn's dialogue is a bit over the top, really...less medieval and more english would be better.

If you go back to the Mystic's Mayor's manor after the event, the Mayor doesn't walk around.

Also, the guy who comes into the Mayor's manor dissapears at the door rather than walking out the door.

Areas need more free space! Everything is too cramped and it's difficult to walk around everywhere, moving around is very jerky and a tad irriating because of it..add more free space around objects and NPCs...please. Also, the same thing on the world map..more tiles need to be walkthroughable rather than blocked.

But apart from those grievances, it's quite a wonderful effort.

Luminaire

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 01:04:50 pm »
I think its great. I agree with the glenn dialogue thing, and maybe a little with the npcs offering a little aid with the quest objectives, but other than that it was fine. I dont think forgetting what to do is an excuse xenesis because it wasnt that big of a demo, and if you talk to everyone you can get it all done. The music is pretty good too, Im not very fond of the music in the cathedral or fionas shrine though. Other than that, it was kinda weird that the bottom left of cronos house took you to the end of the demo, im sure it was a mistake though.
All in all though, I cant WAIT to play this. It looks great :)