Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Feedback Thread  (Read 4988 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Feedback Thread
« on: August 22, 2005, 12:37:14 am »
Hello visitors! Use this thread for feedback about the demo.

Locos_Docos

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:40:48 am »
(First time poster here.)

I'm having trouble trying to even begin the demo.  After applying the headered version of the ips patch to the headered version of clean Chrono Trigger rom, the game goes to the title screen, which is different (and very changed, by the way). After inputting a  name for Crono, the screen goes completely blank.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one with this problem.

I would try the unheadered ips, but I have forgotten where to download Temporal Flux.  I appreciate this problem being addressed as soon as possible.

prestochango

blah
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 02:47:07 am »
my screen goes blank there too... and it stays that way

prestochango

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:55:30 am »
the unheadered version doesn't do a think;_;

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 03:05:33 am »
Sorry about that. I deny everything.

It's been fixed; just redownload.

Man, can't believe I fell victim to the first version Murphy's law...

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 03:05:58 am »
It's possible, but unlikely, that an error occurred while downloading the patch.  I'd try making another copy of the ROM, downloading the patch again, and using it on that one.

prestochango

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 03:07:23 am »
yay

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 03:12:44 am »
quick question before i try to unearth the CD classic for my mac is stored on.

does the ips patcher thing run on mac and why not simply release the rom instead of the patch?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 03:18:45 am »
Filesize; the ROM is much, much larger than the patch.  It's easier on the site's bandwidth.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 03:22:35 am »
Well, ©. Companies are much less likely to go after a patch.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 08:01:13 am »
Pretty good entry. Leenes square looked .... bad. No offence.. But it did... It's to empty, but I did like the NPC's how the two kids played etc. I didn't get that guy who said something about an error. The Gato Plus thing was really funny.

The Telepod looks just.. weird. You'd think it'd be a bit rusted or atleast have like a barrier around it.

Also, I think that you should be able to talk to your mom again and she'd tell you what to do, because I forgot what she said and had to restart to find out.

With the Vanguard, I didn't think the 10/5 minute thing was a good idea. That kind of implys that time does go by pretty fast etc.

In Porre, at first I didn't get why there were no forests. I was like... wtf... Maybe you could have like patched of dirt there symbolizing that like the forest was cleared Oo

But all in all, great effort and keep it up ^.^

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 10:39:12 am »
I agree w/Zaperking on the time thing (Crono's mom also says "come back in an hour")...It's just weird to put actual time references in the game like that, just make it a little more of a general term like "later" or something...

Why were balloons set off in the beginning?

The "I am error" thing was classic...but I'm guessing that's just for us stupidly grinning demo players, yes?

I noticed a lot of "!T" in the Truce Mayor's Manor thing...and some just plain blank text boxes...and blank black screens for some of the explainations...>_>

I personally don't even understand why the Telepods are there at all anymore...

Why can't Taban fix a freakin clock? Has he gone senile in the past few years or something?

LegendofthePast (or w/e his damn SN is :?) pointed out to me that the year is still 1000 on the map...

the sign at the entrance to Guardia Forest doesn't say anything...or I should say you can't really examine it anymore

Also, even though I supposedly gave them away, I still ended up having the pie and the card...and they're weapons!?!

The option, "Yeeeah! Get crunk!" was hilarious.

LOVE all the new music.

I'm happy to notice that Zenan Bridge still has two suns.

Something I thought about that was missing in the Chrono series...the obligatory "hero finds heroine's panties in her dresser" bit...you guys just sit and think on that one...:lol: that and/or finding pr0n

My only real gripe: Glenn still talks like fucking Frog talks...What's up w/that? He only started to talk like that when he was cursed...You'd think curse lifted, stupid fake accent thing lifted...I mean, even if it was just that it was so long and he got used to it...you'd think he'd get over it like he'd get over jumping around everywhere...I would make myself get over it if i had been cursed to talk like that...but it's not a big issue, I guess...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 10:52:56 am »
He's in a real state of flux right now. We don't know if we'll use human Glenn or Frog Glenn, so for now he talks like that and also said something that we can use as a way out of human Glenn in case it's simply impossible to do (I hope I shalt retain this form)...

Damn, I never actually spoke to anyone on the manor. Yeah, that dialogue must be fried. Couldn't edit that 1000 button, and concerning the Telepods, I was creatively bankrupt with that area.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 12:29:59 pm »
Hello, just finished the demo...it was pretty good, and a lot of the changes were better, when compared to the original.  I liked that most of the remixed music still kept the original's flair but you can tell one or two instruments were changed, so it was a pleasant surprise.  The new locations, such as the Vanguard area were well built.  I liked seeing the statues of the 6 CT characters in Leene Square's right side...

I finished it in 50 minutes...I did like having to go through most of the map and talking to all the NPCs searching for the people to give the items to...but the ending to the demo was sort of a bit too much, and was a bit overdramatic...it was okay though,.  Speaking of Glen, I think I personally would prefer him in his Frog form, but the human sprite looks nice...I just like Glen in his frog form when we get to play as him and fight in battles.

The dialogue was well-written (virtually no grammatial mistakes).  I also found it funny that ERROR from Zelda II was in the demo, that was a pleasant surprise.

I tried pushing the Menu Button (Y) at the very end when the screen goes black and I noticed new art for Luca's portrait and Marle's looks like it's going to be altered too...Lucca's look nice from what I can tell, and Crono's new art makes him look very mature...I personally prefer Toriyama's original (partly because it makes Crono look a little younger than the new one), but this art is definitely good, and whoever drew it is skilled.

I would say this demo is pretty cool.  Good luck with it.

Sir Crono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 12:40:44 pm »
Ok, well I'm having problems as well, I get a black screen. I redownloaded it, still the same thing. I'm thinking maybe it's the rom I'm using? What version of CT did you guys make this on? (Like the actual US rom or Beta)