Author Topic: Rebirth  (Read 1280 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Rebirth
« on: August 20, 2005, 03:31:36 am »
Rebirth (Tentative Title)

~Prologue~

The planet. To most people, those two little words simply state the world we live in; the great seas, and the earth beneath our feet. The planet's purpose is to support life, no greater and no less.

Our planet viewed as a sentient being is unheard of; the race of men scoff at the idea, and with unchecked arrogance began to exhaust resources and make choices, some that can be considered, “good” and some, “bad”. Mistakes are made, of course, as no being can be considered perfect, but possibly the biggest mistake made by humanity was the disregard of the belief of what is known as fate.

‘It’ is constantly aware of the actions of those who inhabit it, observing aeons pass as if watching seconds tick on a clock, feeling the blows dealt towards itself, and the life given and taken. The intentions and emotions of the planet are bypassed by all but itself, yet they are seen everyday, in the blustering gales of great and destructive storms, the rain falling down from a dreary gray sky as if tears from a greater being, and the unparalled beauty that the sun shines down upon us from an azure sky. The ‘weather’ (as it is known commonly) is, in actuality, a fail-safe, keeping the world in order as the greater deities see fit. This “force” (some call it “fate”) keeps the world on the path to prosperity and longevity. For most of the world’s time span, it has been almost foolproof. Almost

Way back when the world was still young, and civilization had only began to form, a being, hailing from a distant world, crashed landed into our planet and, burying deep into the earth, began to feed on the DNA and resources of our planet. This anomaly, possessing the ability to transcend the very fabrics of time, influenced society and even the evolution of species and the flourishing of civilizations; and when the world began to come to the middle of it’s life span, rose out of its own created dimension and erupted from beneath the earth and unleashed a rain of fire from the heavens, spelling the end for nearly all that lived. The planet itself began to wither and die away.

Unable to counter a being of this caliber, the planet was forced instead to rely on those who lived underneath the skies upon the earth. Dating back to an era where the planet was at its most prosperous and healthy, the gears of fate began to turn, churning out a group of warriors who were intent on destroying this being and saving all life. After many hardships, triumphs, and more than a few unsolved mysteries, this group (Led by, in human terms, a boy named, “Crono” but this information is irrelevant, and is immediately discarded), was successful in their goal. The world rejoiced at the banishment of this almighty being, and the planet once again began to continue through time on it’s normal course. Or so it was thought.

In reality, a few years after the planet’s most ideal and peaceful state a great war broke out, causing a chain of events to occur that would span the unnatural forming of an entire new archipelago on top of causing time as we know it to crash, splitting the world into two dimensions. This was also fixed, by a second plan regarding the use of those who inhabited the world to correct the dimensional split and banish the great time-destroying being himself.

But the damage had been done, and the planet feared that more similar occurrences would happen. So, for the third time, the planet began to dream of another grand plan to restore the world. And then, it seemed the solution presented itself. Perhaps the fault lay where imperfection lay as well? The plan was perfect, so the only imperfection was in the using of an imperfect tool; the dwellers of the earth. But what was to happen if the planet-dwellers could not defeat this alien beast? And then, it finally realized, and with a feverish zeal that was shown through a ferocious storm that hit the world that night, the gears of fate began to churn again, and as fast as it had created a planet saving group, it had destroyed it. “Crono, Marle, Lucca” and other names that belonged to the once existing group of warriors began disappear from existance, existing in only the place where even time has no effect. All the negative effects that had occurred to hurt the natural order of time began to reverse themselves, until finally it was back to where it had started, where the first plans had begun to take form. With this, the planet set forth a new counter plan for this being, and yet again, the cogs and gears of fate turned.

For though “Lavos” now sleeps again, so shall the planet continue to dream. For as it was said in a time and by a person which do not retain their existences anymore, “The Planet’s dream is not over yet…”

~~~[/code]

Gaara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:10:37 am »
That was really cool. But is that it? Is that all that you're going to write?

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 04:00:12 am »
Of course not, it's only the prologue! I had 4 chapters already written out, but then my computer crashed and the prologue was the only bit I had the common sense to backup via disk/email. Recently I haven't had much free time to devote to proper writing (been very busy, most of the little free time I have is devoted towards playing my recently acquired CC). As soon as I can, I will begin the re-writing  :) .

Believe me, this is just the beginning.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 09:32:18 pm »
Ok, I'm not sure I fully understand what this said, but the impression I got was that the Planet, after the events of both Chrono games, decided it wanted to try everything over again and made everything back to the way it was before the first portal opened in Chrono Trigger?

Intence. I like it! "Awesome use of the language, dude." =)