Author Topic: What happens to the Future when you Disappear?  (Read 5117 times)

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
What happens to the Future when you Disappear?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 03:30:11 pm »
Quote from: Aitrus
Quote from: Eriol
What you mentioned here brought up something else though: what about Robo?  Isn't Robo "kind of" a descendant of Lucca?  From what I've read, Lucca did some of the earliest AI research, and thus "in spirit", he's HER descendant (at least through work, if not biologically).

Lucca had already done her earliest work in AI research.  He's called Gato.  If she had not returned, that alone could have helped someone else continue her research.

True.  Not 100% necessary for her to be there, though no doubt it would have "helped it along".  It was kind of a "neat aside" anyways, so I'd hardly be denouncing others' theories with it.  =D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 04:07:36 pm »
Well, Ultimania is the problem here. Ultimania states that Lucca completed the AI that would become Mother Brain AFTER she got back from defeating Lavos, which would not allow Mother Brain to exist at all in the future unless we called that patchwork solution in to effect -- that the Entity maintains the time traveler's influence. But that's still an unevidenced stretch.

Yeah, I think the topic's somewhere in here...Guardia Line Paradox might be the title.

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 04:40:40 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Yeah, I think the topic's somewhere in here...Guardia Line Paradox might be the title.

Guardia Royal Line Paradox thread.  Basically was saying similar things to what I did.  Wish I'd seen it sooner, and merely added to it, rather than the new thread.  =P

My bad.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 06:12:21 pm »
Nah, it's no problem. If anything, you caused a bit of education for those not acquainted with the GLP thread.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 12:26:17 am »
Zeality said it best.  I hate ploy holes.  As for any possible explainations I've heard:

For the Kino case:  Its possible that Marle is descended from Kino, but a different woman than Ayla.  The problem with this is that it is definitatly NOT what the created intended.

Doan's case is annoying.  He should have ceised to exist the moment Marle time traveled to the future, the entire timeline that he exist in.  The Entity excuse doesn't work here.

Maybe Lucca (she was the person who assembled them, right?) made the whole thing up.  Maybe she just told them to act like being descendants and ansestors as a ruse to save Crono from going to Jail agian (or something like that, I remmber the King was going to do something to Crono, I think).  But then agian, no proof.

I hate plot holes.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 02:20:06 am »
And yet Doan goes into the portal with Robo, sending an innocent villager to a future he doesn't belong in forever. Seriously, isn't it possible that Lucca was in the End of Time during the Lavos battle (since you can have anyone in your party) and like, y'know, She was gathering everyone up during the fight? Problem solved, seriously.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2005, 07:12:44 am »
She couldn't have gathered anyone w/o the Gate Key & the Pendant...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2005, 07:22:20 am »
Perhaps the "stuff in time don't happen until they happen" rule is wrong? Maybe only actual time modifications happen until they happen. Planting Fiona's forest is a time change for example, because it wasn't supposed to happen in the original time-line (the party acts as time-travelers), but Marle and Crono (or Ayla and Kino) having descendants wouldn't be a time change, because it was supposed to happen in the original time-line (they act normally, in their own, proper era).

There are probably still tons of holes in this theory. It's just a guess, I didn't thought about it much yet.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 02:43:47 pm »
She couldn't have gathered anyone w/o the Gate Key & the Pendant...

You don't need the Gate Key or Pendant to fight Lavos. Assuming the party fought all the forms of Lavos, Lucca could've used the Epoch. Problem solved. Also, in the "Don't save Chrono" ending, Lucca turns the Telepod into a time machine if you use the Epoch to break through Lavos. So she could always do that.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 03:24:53 pm »
Well, I don't like rebuking Flow Principle simply because it implies that the future is written; that everything is predestined, etc.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 07:15:53 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
And yet Doan goes into the portal with Robo, sending an innocent villager to a future he doesn't belong in forever. Seriously, isn't it possible that Lucca was in the End of Time during the Lavos battle (since you can have anyone in your party) and like, y'know, She was gathering everyone up during the fight? Problem solved, seriously.

That ONLY works to explain Doan traveling to 1000 at the end of the game.  It does NOT explain how Doan still exists when Marle goes into 2300.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2005, 01:23:06 am »
Yea, I know. And I wasn't referring to that at all. Thanks Sentennal >_>

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 01:22:28 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Well, I don't like rebuking Flow Principle simply because it implies that the future is written; that everything is predestined, etc.

Exactly, as that kind of goes against the whole idea of the series, wherein you CHANGE history to fit what you want to occur.

And whenever you state alternate theories about what was "supposed" to happen you run into all kinds of OTHER problems IMO.  I think we can stick this whole thing under "plothole".  Sucks to leave it that way, but I don't think any other explanation fits.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 02:17:56 pm »
Maybe it's simply not the same Doan that Crono & Co. met in 2300...Maybe it's the new one based around the defeat of Lavos...Is there anything that specificaly states that it's the same Doan?

Lookit me, I'm a freakin Scooby-doo-sized mystery machine solving crime fighter master of the universeicon.

Sir Frog

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 04:02:32 pm »
Sorry, guys, but the Flow Principle is wrong.