Author Topic: Enemy AI Offsets Listing  (Read 3726 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Enemy AI Offsets Listing
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27:08 am »
I was wondering if using these and Chrono Tweaker we can give Golem Boss Golem's AI here's what I tried:

Opening Crono Tweaker->Enemy->Golem Boss->AI pointer:

I then read the AI ptr for golem from the table and put it in, got a type mismatch

Started Over, converted the AI ptr from hex to decimal put it in, got "error converting unsigned to signed" error

Started Over converted just Pointer from the table, put it in and saved and it said it worked.  But if I close and reopen the AI it shows in the GUI is wrong, and Golem Boss doesn't act like Golem.

--jp

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Enemy AI Offsets Listing
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 11:14:11 am »
From I've seen, the AI pointer feature in Chrono Tweaker acts pretty strangely. For example, if I enter in the decimal 1, I don't get 1 when I look later. Instead I get 256 plus another number. If enter 2, I get 512 plus that number (which varies depending on the monster.)

And it only changes one byte of the two bytes of the AI pointers.
For now, you're probably better off changing the AI pointers with a hex editor.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Enemy AI Offsets Listing
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 01:36:07 pm »
You must use a hex editor to do ANY AI editing. Pointers are easy to change in a hex editor, just change their 2 byte pointer to that of the monster you want. Chrono Tweaker has had that bug forever now (and it changed the pointer values in decimal, bleh) so never use that aspect of it. All addresses are provided in the AI List, so getting to the pointer you want to change should be easy.  

Example:

CCFC71 The New AI for Schala in some free space (a field of FF's)

I am using this space for Schala's new AI script. I decided to use this unused space in the ROM because I could make the script almost as big as I want, without overwriting things.

Now that I have Schala's script written in at CCFC71, I'll need to change her pointer to point to that address. I changed NU into Schala, so lucky me, it's the very first pointer in the list, located at CC8B08. This 2 byte pointer says '41 8D' . This means that Nu's script is located at CC8D41.
I now change this pointer to read '71 FC' so now the pointer points to my new script at CCFC71. All done in a hex editor (in this case, Geiger's snes9x debugger's hex editor). The addresses I gave are SNES addresses. If you are using regular hex editor, use File addresses.

If you are doing a large scale hack, remember to jot down somewhere what free space you used, and remember that Nu's script is now unused by the game, and can be used by something else.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Enemy AI Offsets Listing
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 01:08:43 pm »
00 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 FE FF 1F 03 00 00 FE 02 29 FE FF

This is an entire AI script.
All the enemy does is stand there, and counter attack if you attack it, nothing else.

1F 03 00 00 - Counter attack from anywhere (03 is distance related, 03 means counter from anwhere), not sure what the 00 00 is for yet...

Follow it with an FE, then the very next script will be the counter attack.

I have 02 29, a Blue Rain counter attack (02 indicates magic, and 29 is the magic attack).

00 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 FE FF - Basic script, does nothing. The counter comes after the FF (FE FF terminates a script)

00 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 FE FF 1F 03 00 00 FE 01 FE FF

Same deal as above, except the enemy will counter with a physical attack instead. Just 01, and I'm not sure what decides it's Physical attack type (since I have Schala in Nu's place, she does Nu's headbutt attack, so this must be decided elsewhere, perhaps one of the unknowns in Chrono Tweaker's Enemy Stats section...)

00 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 FE FF 1F 03 00 00 FE 09 29 FE FF

Counter attack with Blue Rain, but no damage done (I posted about 09 XX a few replied back).

-edit-

Pretty cool
0A XX YY- Enemy attacks themselves with an attack that does no damage, makes them untargetable

XX - Attack to perform
YY - Message to display

0A 93 00 - Enemy jumps up and down and dissapears in a puff of smoke.

01 01 06 00 - Physical attack, gives enemy the life it took during the attack

28 03 02 00 - Force target to 02 HP (I had this as a counter attack for testing)

28 XX YY  - Change Stats
XX - Stat to change
YY - Amount to change

You can change HP, MP, wounded, etc. stats of characters with this one.