Author Topic: Luccia = Lucca?  (Read 11450 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2005, 07:12:11 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
As for the Shadow Book thing, well HEY! There's no Wind Magic, but there's a Wind BOOK! The books don't symbolize magic, they symbolize the progression of life. A Zealian NPC says that Water churns the Breeze, the Winds fuel the Fire, and Fire gives birth to the inventions and ambitions of man, and thusly leads to their divinity. It's an evolution/creationism metaphor thingie.

I'm sure the Wind book is supposed to be the "Lightning" (which is Heaven in the Japanese version) book.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2005, 06:18:13 pm »
Point is, even if there's a little error like that, you can't immediately take it to be a perfect metaphor for magic and make crack pot theories about Shadow Magic. Otherwise next thing you know you have a bunch of idiots thinking that Fate is a deity directing the timeline of Chronoverse.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2005, 02:46:48 am »
Maybe because if there is a deity of Fate, everything that can and happens was already foreseen by someone. That is what Fate is. Of course, from ones point of view, Fate would not exist because you think you have a choice, and it only makes you feel bad knowing that a greater force out there already knows your choices.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2005, 06:35:15 pm »
But if Fate ultimately determines the turn of the universe, then we HAVE no choice, and the purpose of time travel, FATE, Serge's "destiny"....it's all redundant, pointless, and useless, and it completely ruins the catalyst of the Chrono story: Choice!

Zaperking

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2005, 07:19:24 am »
No, because if they believe what they believe, then to them it is so. That's what the Poyozo doll and Spekkio tried saying I'm guessing.
If you believe in Fate, then you're bound to it because you know that whatever you do, you're insignificant. If you don't believe in it, then you have an excuse to think back and say "Damn, I should have done something better" etc.

Like with Spekkio saying "If i'm weak, you're weak. If I'm strong, you're strong", it basically reflects the person.

Wasn't it also how Chronopolis explained the universe? That it's only perceived by those who view it from themselves or something. Basically, FATE would ultimately exist, but to the non believers, they have a motive to say that it doesn't exist so they can have a clear conscience to know that they have free will, even tho someone above would know everything.
Otherwise, we'd have a choice to not save the planet, lol.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2005, 10:18:09 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
No, because if they believe what they believe, then to them it is so. That's what the Poyozo doll and Spekkio tried saying I'm guessing.
If you believe in Fate, then you're bound to it because you know that whatever you do, you're insignificant. If you don't believe in it, then you have an excuse to think back and say "Damn, I should have done something better" etc.

Like with Spekkio saying "If i'm weak, you're weak. If I'm strong, you're strong", it basically reflects the person.

Wasn't it also how Chronopolis explained the universe? That it's only perceived by those who view it from themselves or something. Basically, FATE would ultimately exist, but to the non believers, they have a motive to say that it doesn't exist so they can have a clear conscience to know that they have free will, even tho someone above would know everything.
Otherwise, we'd have a choice to not save the planet, lol.

You're basically saying "believe in fate or don't, it doesn't matter anyway" regardless of the fact that it exists or not. We could say the same thing about God, Viper believes in him, Kid doesn't believe in him nor in angels, and ultimately, nobody knows if there's a God in the game world or not.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2005, 10:47:29 am »
Same could be said about any entity or even the planet having feelings. It's all represented by others, some who believe, some who don't.

I was putting it more in general. That even if Fate exists, to the believers, it's there. To the non believers - they want to make their lives seem significant so they take the chance of their being Fate out of the question.

Lets stop this. lol. Agree to Disagree.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2005, 03:20:37 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Same could be said about any entity or even the planet having feelings. It's all represented by others, some who believe, some who don't.

Where in any game is there a character that argues against the entity being the planet, or having feelings?

Zaperking

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2005, 10:59:38 pm »
Well, if you think about it, none of the humans seem to give a shit. Maybe that's why? They don't care that they can drive out the Dwarfs, the Dwarfs become as bad as them and kill the fairies. Even FATE probably thinks it's better than the planet, or thinks it is the entity since it is the saviour of humanity (unlike the planet which is a total dipshit in CC, thats even if it did cause the gates in CT).

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2005, 02:57:58 pm »
Just because the humans don't seem to care doesn't disprove the Entity.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2005, 10:37:21 am »
Yeah the planet is kinda retarded in CC, but since the Entity is never revealed, it's impossible to tell anything about it, if it's the planet, then the Entity basically is kinda stupid.  To make the story better, i would hope it was FATE, but, no one really knows.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2005, 04:20:48 pm »
It is definetely not FATE, since FATE is non existant in the Chrono Trigger story.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2005, 06:08:53 pm »
Kind of ironic, how FATE is against the will of the Entity, or the Planet, which is the actual Fate in so far as spirituality is concerned.

After all, FATE is just a computer system trying to preserve itself, and manipulating things physically to do so.

While the Entity, works far behind the scenes, affecting things physically, but with proverbially invisible hands.

After all, the Entity, the Planet, seems to favor the Reptites, as it is said that the Planet, seeing humans as being raised by Lavos, and just as foreign to the Planet as Lavos is, wants to rid itself of humanity.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2005, 06:21:15 pm »
Quote from: Zenning
After all, the Entity, the Planet, seems to favor the Reptites, as it is said that the Planet, seeing humans as being raised by Lavos, and just as foreign to the Planet as Lavos is, wants to rid itself of humanity.

Only the Dragon God and Belthasar claim that the Planet favors the Reptites. I mean, only the archenemy of the humans and a mad guy who lies to you from the start to the end of the story. Everybody else (Ayla, Marle, Steena, Direa, AZALA...) says that the planet is siding with the humans.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2005, 03:24:36 am »
Azala said that the heavens sides, which means a devine force (possibly fate) :) interfered.

I don't see Belthasar as insane, he's insane to the people who don't understand because they cannot comprehend what he can, thats why he's the Guru of Reason. I remember a while back when Steven Hawking started his theories on physics and stuff, and how many people thought he was crazy, retarded, insane to come up with it, even thought most of his theories are valid.