Author Topic: Luccia = Lucca?  (Read 11449 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2005, 06:35:54 am »
You said cat-girls, right Silvercry? Because while I love her, I can totally do w/o Katt from BoF2, but if you try and take away my Rei from BoF3, I'll totally scratch & bite like a cat on crack.

>_>

Oh, and I was basing that on not really knowing anything about Zenogears. X is a stupid replacement for Z. I mean, what's the point? Does it make you feel like you belong in the language X? HUH?!?! DOES IT!?! BECAUSE YOU DON'T!!!

<_<

Oh yeah, Zaperking, Gaspar was talking figuratively...or perhaps Woosleyatively...

>_>

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2005, 07:03:09 am »
Proof? I certainly can't see Crono and co. seriously becoming that powerful in a matter of a few days of time travel. The only real power that they gained was magic, and in my theory, it wasn't even the true power of magic, just a part that was made up of true Shadow Magic.

There is simply no explanation to why they're that strong except for that the entity did it or that truely, all that spirit energy helped them.  If the Planet gave them that power, it would certainly weaken it after Lavos is dead. Any spare power, it would need. And what if for instance, Crono found the rogue Masamune? Then what would have happened. His "powers" plus the sword = Death to all...

And then Lucca was kidnaped by Harle and Lynx. If she is able to withstand a destruction from the heavens and acctually hurt Lavos, but can't stand up to Harle or Lynx, then she has serious problems.
If she can penetrate Lavos with a punch, or a gun pretty much, she could wipe Harle and Lynx baaad. Or use magic, or a tech like hypnosis or flame bomb or something... but no...

And magical elements (Water/Fire etc.) are controlled. Did Lucca's fire spell ever set the carpets in the Throne Room in Zeal on fire? Noo..... Did it burn down other places? Noo... I'm thinking that only physical fire is uncontrolable, but magical elements are... So :P

And yeah, I don't like Kat from BoF2. I LOVE NINA!

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2005, 02:12:04 pm »
Well for the sake of saving Cat-girls, i won't say this but once more; The CT gang would crush any who oppose them, save for maybe the FFVII crew, but even that would be closer than CT VS Xenogears.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2005, 04:42:48 pm »
I am still waitng for this explination of how Shadow is the true magic.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2005, 05:34:33 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
I am still waitng for this explination of how Shadow is the true magic.

Perhaps it be from the fact(I think) that Fire, Water, and Lightning make Shadow magic?

.....I would like to know as well. :P

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2005, 05:37:45 pm »
But that is not true, Shadow is on its own it doesn't need the other three to be produced.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2005, 05:47:53 pm »
Isn't it considered the accepted norm that Magus has the level two Lightning, Fire, and Water elements because of his caliber as a magician?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2005, 06:09:52 pm »
Exactly! Magus knows his magic because he's a ZEALIAN with a shitload of experience. It has nothing to do with him being a Shadow Innate (Because that would totally contradict Spekkio's statement about equalibrium of the four forces)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2005, 06:23:54 pm »
Experiance? He never once had the chance to use magic in Zeal. I always thought that maybe he learned Fire/Water/Lightning magic from Ozzie and Slash and Flea and the mystics. Remember what peolpe in San Dorino said "Magus' magic is different to that of the Mystics". Ozzie's innate is ice... Flea uses fire.. Slash must use lightning (How else would they make delta force.. or their version of it)...

And Delta Force and any triple teach with no shadow innate in it creates a dark magic effect.. almost shadow)

And if it was true that Zealians had Shdaow/Lightning/Fire/Water magic from the start, then why wasn't it used by Queen Zeal? She only used halliation and some dark stuff, never any others. Oo, And why is their no book of shadow magic....

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2005, 07:32:19 pm »
The book with the Black Rock in it could possibly be this book of shadow.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2005, 08:31:56 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
You said cat-girls, right Silvercry? Because while I love her, I can totally do w/o Katt from BoF2, but if you try and take away my Rei from BoF3, I'll totally scratch & bite like a cat on crack.

Don’t blame me.   Blame yourself or God.

(If you don’t recognize this quote, shame on you.)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2005, 10:40:00 pm »
Well then, Silvercry, I have not shown how big of a Tactics nut I am if you have to put that last part (no matter how small it was).

Quote from: Zaperking
Proof? I certainly can't see Crono and co. seriously becoming that powerful in a matter of a few days of time travel. The only real power that they gained was magic, and in my theory, it wasn't even the true power of magic, just a part that was made up of true Shadow Magic.

There is simply no explanation to why they're that strong except for that the entity did it or that truely, all that spirit energy helped them. If the Planet gave them that power, it would certainly weaken it after Lavos is dead. Any spare power, it would need. And what if for instance, Crono found the rogue Masamune? Then what would have happened. His "powers" plus the sword = Death to all...

PROOF=EXP & TP from all those delicious battles. Also, by seeing all of the people that they were helping, it would give them the confidence to know that what they were doing was right. So, while thier spirits may have been raised in a metaphorical/emotional sense, they weren't literally being boosted in power by anything but the battles they were waging for the people.

And then Lucca was kidnaped by Harle and Lynx. If she is able to withstand a destruction from the heavens and acctually hurt Lavos, but can't stand up to Harle or Lynx, then she has serious problems.
If she can penetrate Lavos with a punch, or a gun pretty much, she could wipe Harle and Lynx baaad. Or use magic, or a tech like hypnosis or flame bomb or something... but no...

This has already been gone over and you bring up no new insights.

And magical elements (Water/Fire etc.) are controlled. Did Lucca's fire spell ever set the carpets in the Throne Room in Zeal on fire? Noo..... Did it burn down other places? Noo... I'm thinking that only physical fire is uncontrolable, but magical elements are...

So then it could still be those Lavaboys that got those fires going.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2005, 11:03:11 pm »
Experiance? He never once had the chance to use magic in Zeal. I always thought that maybe he learned Fire/Water/Lightning magic from Ozzie and Slash and Flea and the mystics. Remember what peolpe in San Dorino said "Magus' magic is different to that of the Mystics". Ozzie's innate is ice... Flea uses fire.. Slash must use lightning (How else would they make delta force.. or their version of it)...

So? Just because he learned the magic from someone else doesn't mean it doesn't count. And we don't know if he's NEVER used magic in Zeal. He might've done it in private with Schala or something.

And if it was true that Zealians had Shdaow/Lightning/Fire/Water magic from the start, then why wasn't it used by Queen Zeal? She only used halliation and some dark stuff, never any others. Oo, And why is their no book of shadow magic....

Well the Zealians OBVIOUSLY had all four types because of your own argument. Maybe the Queen prefers Shadow Magic? Who the hell knows?

As for the Shadow Book thing, well HEY! There's no Wind Magic, but there's a Wind BOOK! The books don't symbolize magic, they symbolize the progression of life. A Zealian NPC says that Water churns the Breeze, the Winds fuel the Fire, and Fire gives birth to the inventions and ambitions of man, and thusly leads to their divinity. It's an evolution/creationism metaphor thingie.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2005, 11:36:53 pm »
Actually, it's not a Zealian (exactly)...it's a Nu and it doesn't make it sound as detailed as you make it seem...

[Nu]
   Water summons wind...
   ...wind makes fire dance.

YES! I love those Game Script links! Doesn't the Compendium rock everyone?

Oh yeah, and Tail Spin is a magical wind-like Tech attack.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Luccia = Lucca?
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2005, 11:53:08 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Oh yeah, and Tail Spin is a magical wind-like Tech attack.

Tail spin is one of the few non-elemental attacks.