Author Topic: What makes someone an Innate?  (Read 16052 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: What makes someone an Innate?
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2006, 11:52:46 am »
Exactly. The CT elements are the primary components of the universe: "Lightning", Ice, Fire, Shadow. From those elements, the Dragonians designed a model based on 6 colors. Other models (based on other things) could have been possible, but the only universal one is the CT model since it's based on the primary, indivisible components.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2006, 06:25:57 pm »
It seems to me that Spekkio's elements correspond to Eastern Cosmology. There's White and Black, which represents Ying and Yang of Spirit (Ying) and Red and Blue, which represents Ying and Yang of Matter (Yang)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006, 01:12:57 am »
Actually, CC's seems more correct. Whilst in CT, Heavenly is wind aswell, and lightning and light, in CC, Wind is green and an element of its own. CT also didn't even have an Earth element..

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 10:31:18 am »

There's no "correct" or "not correct". The CT elements are the only universal stuff, that's all. The CC Elements are just a derivative system, and the relation between the 6 colors and the 4 magic elements is a complex one (the Yellow and Green colors are included "somewhere" in the 4 elements).

Quote from: Spekkio
   Magic is divided into 4 types:
   Lightning, Fire, Water, & Shadow.

Not just magic, but
   EVERYTHING is based on the balance
   of these 4 powers.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2006, 06:58:12 pm »
do you know ayla and proto-humans do not have magic and elements?
there ayla found a red rock then her abilities all strange dream to unlock 8 physical attacks is something to do with a red rocks..

. ayla saying red rock make ayla's stange dream for her abilities...

red rock be ?found? by ayla.... then...  zeal....   rudy knife....  masamune sword.... cyrus.... then...  crono or frog.... all dreams and magics?

Because Spekkio, who is at least a demi-god of sorts and stands outside of time monitoring all things of war, says so. He tells her 'you were born before magic.'

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2006, 02:01:19 am »
I think that basically everyone after Zeal could have used magic. They all no doubt had an innate magical element (reflected later in the color system). Its just that since Zeal, people have to have some realization and awakening to use their power. As Crono and Co. had. ANYBODY you bring (cept for Ayla who coems before magic and Robo who isn't natural) can learn magic. The ability just has to be awakened. Its like a block was placed on humans (perhaps caused by the trauma of Zeal's fall and the interbreeding between Earthbound Ones and Enlightened Ones) and that Spekkio simply removes the block. The question is though, can the block be removed otherwise?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2006, 04:16:13 am »
I think that if a character in any game was like put under stress, they could awaken that magic or something. Aslong as they were connected to magic in some way.

BTW, you don't have to be of El Nido origin to use elements. Norris can too, and so can Sparky. The point here is: Can anyone use elements who has that magical power awakened, or are the usable elements like little stones that people just activate? Leah can use them right?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2006, 12:59:52 pm »
Any random moe can use Elements. It takes special people to use magic.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2006, 01:03:21 pm »
Any random moe can use Elements. It takes special people to use magic.

Besides their tech skills. Some of those look like magic to me.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2006, 03:37:30 pm »
Yeah, a few of them most probably use magic techs: Guile, Sneff, Sprigg... maybe Steena, etc.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2006, 12:39:56 am »
I would bet that on their own, very few of the CT team would have developed magical abilities at all on the level they did without interference from Spekkio. Like I said I think anybody could have used magic had it been awakened.

I mean logically do you think Glenn would have developed it had he not stopped and went "Hey how are you guys doing that? Is that magic? How'd you do that?"

Ffej

• Iokan (+1)
  • Time Follower
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2007, 02:33:54 am »
Magic then must be within every descendant of a Zeal, which is why Ayla doesn't have magic herself. The Enlightened ones joined with the Earthbound ones and over time, the Zealean bloodline must have spread to the entire population of the CT world. So what is magic then? It could be that because every human has a inner strength known as magic, that everyone could be able to awaken their magical power through special circumstances. Spekkio's role in CT is to unlock those circumstances within each of the characters as to allow them to use their innate element.

Is there any evidence on what affects the strength of a character's magic is? For example, why do some characters have stronger magic just generally over other characters? I'm proposing that it could be how strong the Zealean bloodline resides in that character that affects their magical prowess...Lucca? Any ideas?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2007, 05:09:30 am »
I'm pretty sure that the Spekkio line saying that "You were born before magic" is a mistranslation.

Ayla simply cannot use magic because she hasn't enlightened enough to do it. As CC put emphasis on it, the Frozen Flame's contact with humans not only increased their brain power, but gave them traits that spread on to every human after that time. Because Ayla had no contact with it, she can't use magic. Elements maybe, but not magic.

The Zealian bloodline is a special one. Most likely the royal family has the most potent magical power due to having their direct ancestor having touched the flame, rather than being branched off.