Author Topic: What makes someone an Innate?  (Read 16129 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
What makes someone an Innate?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 07:17:18 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Or maybe the personality determines the Innate, because I doubt Schala is a Red Innate.

We don't know Schala's innate color. It's entirely possible that she'd be a Red innate just like Kid.

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:10 pm »
We know very little about Schala. Though she is wise, pure and insighful seeming, like a white innate, she still shows some traits of a red innate,such as she makes decisions based on her own feelings and is passionate, she does things on spur of the moment.
Theories:
Schala toned down her personality because she's from Zeal, where everything and everybody is very calm. By Zealian standards, she probably is quite wild and fiery, going to see the earthbounds even though she isn't supposed to etc. She just comes across as being very calm and gentle to Lucca (I say Lucca, since she's the one who mentions it in her letter in CC).
Kid, on the other hand, having the same innately fiery and passionate nature, but raised by another Red innate, Lucca, in a much less subdued environment she ended up with a much more prominent and obviously fire aligned nature.

Theory 2:
When the clone, Kid, was made, she had a different innate. Perhaps because she was born from Schala's passion, she was created as a fiery, passionate girl. Or maybe it was random? Maybe some higher power, or even Schala herself was aware that only a driving, passionate personality would be able to set events in motion.

Theory 3:
Element isn't set at birth, it becomes only set when the person's personality begins to form. Kid became a fire innate like Lucca though emulating her guardian's passionate nature.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »
I think that innate color is based on environment...  look at Magus.  Yes he was probably a black from birth, but after the Ocean Palace his darkness became stronger and much more powerful.  He became the strongest mage that existed at 600 AD, if not ever in history.  
Lucca on the other hand, daughter of a "great" inventor, was in a household filled with ambition.  Plus after seeing what happened to her mother, Lucca developed a true passion that one day she could fix what had happened.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:00 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Or maybe the personality determines the Innate, because I doubt Schala is a Red Innate.

We don't know Schala's innate color. It's entirely possible that she'd be a Red innate just like Kid.

Not quite.

Kid is a copy of Schala. Harle is a copy of Schala.
Kid is red. Harle is black. Harle's body is that of Schala. If we're taking it as genetics, then Harle would be red if Kid mimics Schala. She does not. At most, Harle should be the 7th element being the last dragon. She is not.

Now, magic innate wise - Zeal was shadow innate (most likely), Magus is too so it is highely likely that Schala is, besides the fact that she can use the other 3 innates.

Basically, This shows that Schala can't be red, or just red.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 07:52:49 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: Chrono'99

Not quite.

Kid is a copy of Schala. Harle is a copy of Schala.
Kid is red. Harle is black. Harle's body is that of Schala. If we're taking it as genetics, then Harle would be red if Kid mimics Schala. She does not. At most, Harle should be the 7th element being the last dragon. She is not.

Now, magic innate wise - Zeal was black innate (most likely), Magus is so it is highely likely that Schala is, besides the fact that she can use the other 3 innates.

Basically, This shows that Schala can't be red, or just red.

Harle being a copy of Schala is just a theory. We don't know the exact connection between Harle and Schala (clone? "copy"? part? etc.). What we do know is that Harle is, partly or entirely, a product of the Dragon God(s). Since the Dragon God(s) has(have) all innate colors, it's normal that Harle was able to be of any innate color (she either was Black or "Chrono Cross"). Schala's innate color isn't important since the Dragon Gods have all innate colors anyway.

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 10:37:56 am »
Innate colour in Chrono Cross is not the same as element in Chrono Trigger.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 12:16:41 pm »
Do you become innate by being born or something else? By being born would mean innate is before the person develops the personality, not the other way around.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 04:29:55 pm »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
Do you become innate by being born or something else? By being born would mean innate is before the person develops the personality, not the other way around.

If that was the case, Wazuki would be black, and I hardly doubt he could pull off black. Lynx on the other hand - intergrated by FATE and it's almighty power - is Black. It's either by personality or will. Birth shouldn't be able to decide it, unless it's for Magic innate. I personally would have thought of Wazuki as Green/Yellow or Blue.

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »
There's nothing to suggest that innate colour or element is hereditary. Siblings and parents of characters don't seem to, as a rule, share the same colour/element.
Personally I think that though elements and colours are different things that they probably operate in the same way. The innate nature of a person determines their elemental alignment. The magic used in Chrono Cross is artificial magic, but I think it follows a lot of the same rules and the same elements work well for people as with magic, since both come from personality or nature.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 10:40:33 pm »
Maybe Spekkio IS the Entity because Spekkio is actually, like, the physical manisfestation (does that look wrong because it's wrong or because i've never written manifestation before?) of the earth!

:shock:  8) whoa like Keanu-style

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 03:12:30 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Maybe Spekkio IS the Entity because Spekkio is actually, like, the physical manisfestation (does that look wrong because it's wrong or because i've never written manifestation before?) of the earth!

:shock:  8) whoa like Keanu-style

No, It is because you typed manisfestation, with an S after the I.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 01:46:16 pm »
There's nothing to suggest that innate colour or element is hereditary. Siblings and parents of characters don't seem to, as a rule, share the same colour/element.

I don't know about element (Trigger), but for color (Cross) Fargo, Nikki, and Marcy are all blue. That seems to be some pretty strong evidence there.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 02:02:53 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

I don't know about element (Trigger), but for color (Cross) Fargo, Nikki, and Marcy are all blue. That seems to be some pretty strong evidence there.

Yeah but Korcha is Blue and Mel is Yellow. Their mother Macha is Red. If innate colors were hereditary, Macha's husband would have to be both Blue and Green, which we know is impossible.

EDIT: ...although, if innate colors depends on genetic material, maybe it could work. Macha's husband could have one apparent innate color (dominant trait) and yet still carry gene(s) of other colors (recessive traits) that he could have passed on to his children.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 02:08:59 pm »
Oh yea, I forgot about that. I never use either of them that much.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 02:10:11 pm »
I edited my post. I guess innate colors could depend on genetics.