Author Topic: What makes someone an Innate?  (Read 16160 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: What makes someone an Innate?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »
The people of El Nido weren't artificially created, they were descendants from the workers of Chronopolis.

Now that I think about it, and that I forgot, the people of El Nido were descendants since it was thrown back with Dinopolis and the whole Dead Sea and Sea of Eden thing. Thank you for correcting me!

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 08:29:24 am »
I say it's Freudian in nature.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 02:24:13 pm »
Oh, Jesus, I can see how that turns out "What do you see here." "A Butterfly?" "No, it's a penis. WHITE! Next. What do you see here?" "UM...a man and a woman holding hands?" "No, it's a penis. RED! Next!"

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 03:01:51 pm »
Oh, Jesus, I can see how that turns out "What do you see here." "A Butterfly?" "No, it's a penis. WHITE! Next. What do you see here?" "UM...a man and a woman holding hands?" "No, it's a penis. RED! Next!"

Hehe something along those lines.

Well the whole Element thing goes back to when the Greeks discovered what they thought were the three (sometimes four) elements: earth, wind, fire, water. Holy and Dark were added as a mythological element later, in the belief that one could control the will of the gods or the demons. So that's where the colors come from, earth for yellow, wind would fall underneath plant life I believe for Chrono Cross, red for fire, blue for water, white for holy, and black for dark. My theory behind the innate colors is that it's genetic, and that you're born with a natural affinity to use certain kinds of elements.

Or it could just be that you fiddle around with Elements until you find which one you like the most, practice a lot, and become good with it?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 05:39:50 pm »
Or it could just be that you fiddle around with Elements until you find which one you like the most, practice a lot, and become good with it?
Well it would be totally paradoxical if innate colors were acquired through practice.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2006, 06:03:37 pm »
Eh true. Slight overlook on my part. Also, if you can use Turn Elements, that wouldn't fall into that theory. I'll lapse back into the genetics theory, and that the original populace of El Nido had control over the Elements, then passed them down to their children and so on.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2006, 06:36:24 pm »
Eh true. Slight overlook on my part. Also, if you can use Turn Elements, that wouldn't fall into that theory. I'll lapse back into the genetics theory, and that the original populace of El Nido had control over the Elements, then passed them down to their children and so on.

All that element does is make the opponent weaker to it and it's opposite element.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006, 02:30:08 am »
Isn't your element type based on your persoanlity? Ive read into this alot of times, often getting Fire (red) The main things I came across on my search was that each element has a Light/Holy and a Dark/Evil side to it:

FIRE (Light)
Passionite, Creative, spirit, ect.

FIRE (Dark)
Agressive, Rage, jelousy, ect.

EARTH ( light)
Guardian, strength, protection,ect.

EARTH (dark)
Strength, power, fighting, ect.

AIR/WIND (light)
Knowledge, exploration, learning,ect.

AIR/WIND (dark)
Knowledge for evil, cunning plans, wrath,ect.

If you read them, you could probably pick one for yourself. Very rare is someone a mix of elements.

Or maybe its determined by Birth Insignia? Gemini, Cancer, Picies, ect.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2006, 09:31:02 am »
I think I said before that I believe it is the other way around.
The element isn't based on you personality, more you personality is based on it.

Like: When you are Fire Innate, you become creative and all that stuff.

How was this Soviet russia joke from Noodles?
In Soviet Russian, Element changes YOU!

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2006, 01:54:21 pm »
It can't be genetic. Dark Serge was a Black innate, but Lynx obviously didn't screw with his genes due to the whole reason he possessed him.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2006, 02:56:45 pm »
But Serge in Lynx's Body was black, and still, Serge's body couldn't fly before. Oh, and Lynx could change Serge's eyes to these cat like ones.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2006, 10:51:15 pm »
Isn't your element type based on your persoanlity? Ive read into this alot of times, often getting Fire (red) The main things I came across on my search was that each element has a Light/Holy and a Dark/Evil side to it:

FIRE (Light)
Passionite, Creative, spirit, ect.

FIRE (Dark)
Agressive, Rage, jelousy, ect.

EARTH ( light)
Guardian, strength, protection,ect.

EARTH (dark)
Strength, power, fighting, ect.

AIR/WIND (light)
Knowledge, exploration, learning,ect.

AIR/WIND (dark)
Knowledge for evil, cunning plans, wrath,ect.

If you read them, you could probably pick one for yourself. Very rare is someone a mix of elements.

Or maybe its determined by Birth Insignia? Gemini, Cancer, Picies, ect.

I agree with the whole personality trait. That is a definite possiblility. The whole genetic part is hard to explain. If Serge(white) mates with Schala/Kid(red) then what is the product after say a child is born? What is that child born with? Is it the combination of both the parents or simply a random innate based upon a "slot" standpoint.

I don't think astral constellations or "birth insignias" play a factor in this. Its made up from where the sun passes through one of the 12 zodiac constellations, nothing more. However, the truth may be either right or wrong in the chronoverse. But I believe it's not true in the chronoverse.

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2006, 08:50:38 pm »
Well, Serge could fly briefly, in his Luminaire and Flying Arrow techs. I'd guess that Lynx just was smart enough to make it last longer... as for the Innate switching or lack thereof... Lynx's body remained the same, obviously, but his mind would have been stupid to alter Serge's genes, since he needs them intact to access the Flame. So if genetics are involved, they can only be a contributing factor, not the deciding one. And the eyes? Plothole for awesome effect, I'd say.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2006, 04:33:40 am »
I doubt Schala is red innate. Most red innates wouldn't be able to control the Mammon Machine, let alone be able to seal things, and teleport things.

So quite frankly, this shows that it's not genetic. Schala didn't pass on her innate to Kid. I'd imagine that Schala is a shadow innate, as I had always thought that when fire, water and lightning combine, Shadow magic is formed.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2006, 01:05:54 pm »
I doubt Schala is red innate. Most red innates wouldn't be able to control the Mammon Machine, let alone be able to seal things, and teleport things.

So quite frankly, this shows that it's not genetic. Schala didn't pass on her innate to Kid. I'd imagine that Schala is a shadow innate, as I had always thought that when fire, water and lightning combine, Shadow magic is formed.

So then how is Kid a red innate? Just a random convergence?