Author Topic: Non-spoof Film  (Read 1566 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« on: August 13, 2005, 02:15:24 pm »
Cast your NON-Spoof guys if there was a CT/CC movie.

Orlando Bloom I think would make a perfect non-frog Glenn.  That's basically his role in every one of his movies as it is.

I think Morgan Freeman would make an AMAZING Gaspar.  And don't say that Gaspar isn't black, use some creative interpretation.  He's got the wise-old-man thing goin, and fits it damn well I think.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 03:11:29 pm »
David Bowie as Magus.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 03:52:42 pm »
OK, non-spoof...

For some reason, I can see Uma Thurman as either Schala or Queen Zeal...

Haley Joel Osment as Janus...

Lacey Chabert as Lucca, maybe Jessica Alba as Marle...

Daniel Krispin

Re: Non-spoof Film
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 04:27:18 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Cast your NON-Spoof guys if there was a CT/CC movie.

Orlando Bloom I think would make a perfect non-frog Glenn.  That's basically his role in every one of his movies as it is.

I think Morgan Freeman would make an AMAZING Gaspar.  And don't say that Gaspar isn't black, use some creative interpretation.  He's got the wise-old-man thing goin, and fits it damn well I think.

Actually, I'd never have thought of Morgan Freeman as Gaspar, but you're right. Likewise, though I would grudgingly admit it, Bloom would be good for Glenn. So long as we mustn't actually see him on-screen, it's fine.

Quote from: AuraTwilight
David Bowie as Magus.

No.
There was a topic like this some time ago on another forum, and we came up with some good ones. I asked my brother (who is wholly impartial because he doens't care much for RPGs) and he had some good ideas for Magus - he's not too bad at casting ideas. Let's see, he suggested Adrien Brody for this. He's very tall at 6'1, and has that gaunt look that would be good for Magus. Plus he can act.

See?

Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie

OK, non-spoof...

For some reason, I can see Uma Thurman as either Schala or Queen Zeal...

Haley Joel Osment as Janus...

Lacey Chabert as Lucca, maybe Jessica Alba as Marle...

Haley Joel Osment is a perfect choice for Janus, thinking about it.

I've never considered one for Schala, but I think Uma Thurman is far too tall - she's something like 6'. For Queen Zeal, however... she could do that.

For Marle I think Hadriel had some good choices a whole back at Chronicles. He likewise had a perfect choice for Lucca and Ayala, if I remember right. But I cannot now remember who he chose.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 07:26:56 pm »
Ok FINE. David Bowie can be Kino.

Ben Affleck can be Cyrus, and Keanu Reeves can be Crono. Frog can be a digital animation like Scooby Doo from those crappy live-actions movies. His voice can be played by....um....Ah screw it, let's just take the prerecorded cutscene lines from the PSX anniversery edition, no one will care.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 07:41:14 pm »
I am just going to copy paste my response from the CTNP thread that had this exact topic.

Damn ezboard attack, the thread got deleted. I hope I remember them all correctly.

Crono: Jake Gyllenhaal
Lucca: Eliza Dushku
Marle: Kiera Knightley (she might be a bit tall for the role, however)
Frog/Glenn: Orlando Bloom, but Frog is CG'd
Robo: Jim Carrey (voice only)
Ayla: Elisha Cuthbert
Magus: Willem Dafoe

I'll do the NPC's later.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 07:41:25 pm »
Glenn Close as Queen Leene, or she could pull of Zeal as well.  She can pull off the villain or the kind-hearted, she's good like that.

ceaser

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://seppuku.net.tc
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 10:14:06 pm »
I think the guy from fast and furious for crono paul walker i think

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 10:22:03 pm »
William Dafoe is a great actor, but I don't think he would QUITE fit Magus.  William Dafoe's characters seem to have a little bit of a crazy/wacko edge to them.  Think Green Goblin, or the detective from Boondock Saints.

Kiera Knightley I would disagree with as well.  Marle has to have a little bit of an immaturity to her.  Maybe Hilary Duff?  I wouldn't necessarily WANT her, I'm jsut talking that kind of immaturity level.

Daniel Krispin

Non-spoof Film
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 11:13:23 pm »
William Dafoe is a great actor, but I don't think he would QUITE fit Magus.  William Dafoe's characters seem to have a little bit of a crazy/wacko edge to them.  Think Green Goblin, or the detective from Boondock Saints.

What about my suggestion?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 11:30:11 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin

...that WAS your suggestion.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 12:56:37 am »
Glenn Close as Queen Leene, or she could pull of Zeal as well.  She can pull off the villain or the kind-hearted, she's good like that.

Queen Leene was a dead ringer for Marle, though...Even her husband couldn't tell them apart except by mannerisms!  Which tells you Queen Leene is pretty young...so Glenn Close is OUT. =P

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Non-spoof Film
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 01:15:28 am »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie

Queen Leene was a dead ringer for Marle, though...Even her husband couldn't tell them apart except by mannerisms!  Which tells you Queen Leene is pretty young...so Glenn Close is OUT. =P

Crap, well.. um... maybe I want Glenn Close as Marle as well?  :roll:

Daniel Krispin

Non-spoof Film
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 02:18:41 am »

...that WAS your suggestion.

Mine?! That was SilentMartyr's! Mine was Adrein Brody. See:

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: Non-spoof Film
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 02:20:26 am »
Likewise, though I would grudgingly admit it, Bloom would be good for Glenn. So long as we mustn't actually see him on-screen, it's fine.

PWNT

I actually can't remember who I picked for anybody.  I think I suggested Jet Li for Crono because I couldn't think of anyone else.  I made a cast list for the KOTOR games a while back, and used people who were unlikely to be typecast in the role (e.g. Alyson Hannigan as Revan, Andreas Katsulas as Carth, stuff like that.)

By current Hollywood standards, you'd figure they'd pick some huge action hero like Arnold Schwarzenegger or The Rock to play Crono.  But screw that.  These people are supposed to be teenagers, prone to acting like teenagers do.  To that end, I'd actually like to see Nicholas Brendon, best-known for playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Xander Harris, playing the role of Crono.  Xander was by no means an action hero; on Buffy, he'd end up needing help more often than almost any other cast member, except towards the end of the series, by which point he'd acquired some serious mad skillz.  His temperament remained largely the same throughout; he's kind of a geek who's just trying to have fun with his life.  He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and Crono does apparently share that trait; if he didn't have at least some amount of altruism, he wouldn't have bothered doing all the bloody work to defeat Lavos.  His wit would also make for great chemistry with whoever was chosen for Marle.

If anyone says Hilary Duff for Marle, I am killing them.