Author Topic: Just a little something...  (Read 1585 times)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Just a little something...
« on: August 13, 2005, 12:44:56 am »
I just had to post this.  Cool little items like this help keep me motivated to finish a project.  Maybe y'all are the same.

OdF

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 12:46:07 am »
I like, is that in game or photoshop'd?

--jp

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 12:55:27 am »
Phbbbt.  I WISH I knew how to really hack those graphics and things in....  No, it's just a mock-up, but I imagine that is how the shop screen will look in CE.  Can't wait to see Schala and Glenn walking around.  :D

OdF

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 01:36:47 pm »
That looks mighty awesome right there.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 04:49:42 am »
Im glad we used the idea of having the Pendant as Schala's weapon! Uh...we are going to right? Havent been at the Compendium for about a week or so...sooooo....

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 01:29:56 pm »
Yes, it's the pendant for her weapon. :)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 04:56:43 am »
Question: Will Marle in the game be called "Marle" or Nadia? Same with Robo and Frog, will they be called Prometheus and Glenn? I really really hope so!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 05:24:49 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
Question: Will Marle in the game be called "Marle" or Nadia? Same with Robo and Frog, will they be called Prometheus and Glenn? I really really hope so!

Well, I'm certain you can name them whateverso you wish, even as in the first one. I doubt Prometheus, however, seeing as that exceeds the character limit. But as for Marle and Nadia... if they're staying with Magus, they'll probably keep Marle over Nadia - it's what her friends call her, after all. Glenn, however... well, he is no longer a Frog, thus I think, or at least assume, he will be Glenn.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 04:13:13 pm »
Glenn is Glenn.  Everyone else is the same.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 07:13:37 pm »
Personally I think Marle would opt for Nadia after CT was finished.  After all, she only made it up to cover for herself during the Millennial Fair.  Also -- not that fanfics are authoritative, but it does make sense -- in a fanfic I read, Nadia tells Crono to start calling her Nadia instead of Marle, since "that's the name you'll call me when we start a family together" or something like that.  It DOES make sense, and I always thought "Nadia" sounded better than "Marle" anyway.  Just my 2 cents on her.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 05:06:20 pm »
In CT didn't the characters raise their hands and jump up or w/e when you selected a weapon they could equip? Are there sprites of Glenn and Schala doing that?

And how is Schala's pendant going to get stronger? I think getting new pendants is a bit silly, since most normal pendants can't... do whatever hers does to attack... I think, if it's possible, there should be some sort of synthesis thing where you can find items to have Melchior put inside the pendant and strengthen it, or there could be a system like Cupil from Skies of Arcadia (I assume it was the same in the original, but I played Skies of Arcadia Legends if that matters).. Basically, in that, you collect 'chams' that upgrade Cupil to form new weapons; after collecting 4 chams and feeding them to Cupil, Cupil morphs into a new weapon.. Apparently there's a whole elaborate tree of how to morph him, but I'm not sure of how you're supposed to go down the other paths.. But, for Schala, I was thinking of more of a Power Tab system, but they only work on Schala, and she can't actually de-equip her pendant, so it's as if her pendant grows in strength after each one

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 11:28:07 pm »
Well, they have devised the system already, and I think it's most closely related to how the Keyblade morphs in Kingdom Hearts.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 02:49:56 am »
that's kind of what i meant by the synthesizing thing, so alright

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 05:24:32 pm »
Looks great Oswego, really have me psyched for the game.

As for the names, her name should be Nadia. As one poster already mentioned, it was used to hide her true identity. Since she is together with Crono is would be a little silly for her to have a fake name.

As for Magus, I feel that everyone but Schala should refer to him as Magus, while obviously she should call him Janus.

JZ

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 06:10:23 pm »
Quote from: Janus Zeal
Looks great Oswego, really have me psyched for the game.

As for the names, her name should be Nadia. As one poster already mentioned, it was used to hide her true identity. Since she is together with Crono is would be a little silly for her to have a fake name.

As for Magus, I feel that everyone but Schala should refer to him as Magus, while obviously she should call him Janus.

JZ

Actually, I truly think that all the party would call him Janus. Why? Lucca refers to him as that in her letter to Kid, saying 'Hello, Janus!'; that seems to imply that they began, at some point or another, using that name for him. I would vote on the side of Janus. Magus was no nickname, as say Marle was, but rather a title. Truly, he should be Janus Magus, Janus the Sorcerer. Thus to call him Magus would be merely calling him by a title, which I think his comrades would be loath to do.

I would, however, think that Marle should remain. Why? It is a nickname, but one that her friends became used to, and perhaps knew better than her actual one. I call one of my little sisters by a nickname that has absolutely nothing to do with her actual name and, oddly enough, use it more than her true name - and probably always will. The same likely holds true for Marle. They've always called her Marle, and it is as much her name as Nadia is, whether it is correct or not. Thus I say, keep Marle.